Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 387

Thread: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

  1. #251
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Equating black racism with the white racism that infected this country for 3 centuries and continues to this day, and which led to the oppression and subjugation of an entire race is stupid beyond belief.
    Why do you think so? Did the black slaves free themselves?
    Why do you believe white racism continues to this day? What is your evidence for it?

    It is generally done by whites who are unwilling to recognize what systematic racism has done to black people.
    What role do blacks play in this racism? Do blacks participate? If so why?

    Instead, they bleat on about the Congressional Black Caucus and the Black Panthers as though that's the moral equivalent of two centuries of slavery and another of Jim Crow.
    Do you believe the CBC and the NBPP are good things? If so why not have a white congressional caucus and new white panther party? If one is good why not the other?

    Or is your goal simply getting even?
    Last edited by Misterveritis; 07-08-12 at 04:30 PM.

  2. #252
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomfoolery View Post
    Is it asshole territory to ignore that whites have been privileged and blacks oppressed?
    Everyone has been oppressed at some time or other. It just might be time to get that huge chip off your shoulder and move on with your life.

  3. #253
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    ...Why do you believe white racism continues to this day? What is your evidence for it?...
    you are seriously suggesting that white racism no longer exists in the USA?

  4. #254
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    however, when groups that are NOT racist such as the CBC are dishonestly called racist, we have the right & obligation to call this out.
    So the CBC is liberal not racist? Is that your argument?
    Shall we have a congressional white caucus to provide support to white causes?

  5. #255
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    what do you mean by "generational traction"?
    I mean it can be observed from one generation to the next.

    And while I agree these groups are usually sidelined within mainstream american culture, the same situation hardly exists within the african american community itself. Where these groups are readily visible and generally accepted
    Absolute nonsense.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #256
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    So the CBC is liberal not racist? Is that your argument?...
    the CBC does not advocate racial discrimination, nor believe that blacks are racially superior to whites.

  7. #257
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    you are seriously suggesting that white racism no longer exists in the USA?
    What little there is has no relevance to anyone who does not wallow in it.

    So yes. White racism is gone. Long live black racism. It is the cooler type.

  8. #258
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    the CBC does not advocate racial discrimination, nor believe that blacks are racially superior to whites.
    Why do they exist then? If they are not advocating for caused based on race what are they doing?

  9. #259
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Golden City of the Risen Dead
    Last Seen
    10-05-12 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    4,310

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    So the CBC is liberal not racist? Is that your argument?
    Shall we have a congressional white caucus to provide support to white causes?
    See post #59.

  10. #260
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,551

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    the CBC does not advocate racial discrimination, nor believe that blacks are racially superior to whites.
    Oh really? Then what public policy do YOU feel needs a group based MAINLY on their race to support it? Name ONE stated goal of the CBC that does NOT involve race or programs targeted to "urban" areas that are "economically depressed" (PC code used to describe "the hood"). Even Herman Cain fell into this trap when asked to describe his bizarre "enterprize zones". Once you target one group of citizens (even while PRETENDING that race is not a factor), even for "good" things, then you are just as guilty of racism as those that targetted that group (PRETENDING that race was not the ONLY factor) for "bad" things. Reparations or affirmative action are NOT equal treatment under the law, no matter how you try to "justify" them. In a nation led by a mixed race president, elected by a white majority, it is perhaps time to bury the hatchet of "racial politics" and move on.
    Last edited by ttwtt78640; 07-08-12 at 04:45 PM.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •