Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 387

Thread: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

  1. #191
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Racism is only possible by a dominant group. Minorities are not capable of implementing a system of privilege that permeates society. Minorities are capable of racial prejudice, but the 'ism' part... not really (keeping in mind the negative connotation that the term definitively carries). That's the sociological definition and I'm stickin' to it. The claim of minorities being capable of racism is operating at a lower level of cognition as far as I'm concerned.
    That's provoking violence and rather immature. They get confronted plenty; they know they're alone. Let's just be happy that the roaches are in the light instead of creeping about in the dark.
    The "only majority groups can be racist because only they wield power" argument is as goofy today as it was when Spike Lee first made it. Any individual and fool can be a racist. Any group can implement racist ideals. Blaming 'racism' on a 'group' in any way shape or form merely excuses the racist acts and actions of any 1 person, group of people, etc.

    Prior to this article I have never heard of Pastor Whosits****. After this article I will never again care about Pastor Whosits****. Yet his actions were certainly racIST and as a little happy band of powerless morons their gathering is no less an act of racISM.

  2. #192
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Hare View Post
    Did ya read the OP?
    I did. There was almost nothing there. Don't people get together when they think they have been treated unfairly? Do we still have an amendment that allows such things?

  3. #193
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Apparently you didn't read the opening post.
    I did. There is almost nothing there. The fact that this is generating interest supports my view that white racism is rare.

  4. #194
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    His point is about systematic racism. Go back and read his post. Notice the use of the word "group". It is important. I am not sure I agree with his distinction between racism and racial prejudice but he is being wholy consistant and your argument shows you entirely failed to actually read his post and understand it.
    there is an unfortunately common belief out there, that blacks & Hispanics can't be racist, because they don't have the institutionalized power to be racist.

    they can be prejudiced, but they can't be racist...they say.

    however, I've seen NO definition of "racism", that says it can only be applied to institutionalized racial hatred, stereotypes, & discrimination. Such an understanding, is self-serving bull**** to disregard & handwave away legitimate accusations of black & Hispanic racism in the USA.

  5. #195
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Proof positive that reading comprehension should be a mandatory course in school.
    We agree on this. Who is defending the Ku Klux Klan?

  6. #196
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    See what I mean? This is typical of liberals, even the liberals who claim to be independent. Thank your for your well timed example of what I am talking about.
    LOL. In other words, if I disagree with him and he isn't a liberal, then I'll make him a liberal so I can make a lazy ad hom attack instead of a well-reasoned argument.

  7. #197
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    and you say you have never experienced white racism?
    I considered going with the politically correct "people of color" but the phrase just reeks. People of color equals colored. No? Do you think better English composition equals racism?

    Besides, I love tweaking some of you.

  8. #198
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    The people defending this group. Maybe they don't call themselves the Ku Klux Klan, but what they're doing sounds like a Klan rally to me.
    So no one then?

    Okay.

  9. #199
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomfoolery View Post
    The KKK appears to be an ignored elephant only to conservatives in this room, while they ruminate over the niceties of freedom to associate. Why is that?
    So your answer is the same as all of the other undisclosed, independent and liberal leaning posters. No one has defended the Ku Klux Klan. I am so glad we are all clear on this.

  10. #200
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,174

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    So no one then?

    Okay.
    Yes, nobody's defending the "Ku Klux Klan." Just people who act like the Ku Klux Klan and want to hold a "Klan-style" rally.

    If it walks like a duck....


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •