Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 387

Thread: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

  1. #181
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    the CBC doesn't believe in the superiority of the black race or advocate for discrimination against white people.

    calling them just as racist as the KKK, is dishonest and absurd.

  2. #182
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Racism is only possible by a dominant group. Minorities are not capable of implementing a system of privilege that permeates society. Minorities are capable of racial prejudice, but the 'ism' part... not really (keeping in mind the negative connotation that the term definitively carries). That's the sociological definition and I'm stickin' to it. The claim of minorities being capable of racism is operating at a lower level of cognition as far as I'm concerned.



    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    No, but I support everyone who disagrees holds a three day event right next to them.
    That's provoking violence and rather immature. They get confronted plenty; they know they're alone. Let's just be happy that the roaches are in the light instead of creeping about in the dark.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 07-06-12 at 12:27 PM.

  3. #183
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Racism is only possible by a dominant group. Minorities are not capable of implementing a system of privilege that permeates society. Minorities are capable of racial prejudice, but the 'ism' part... not really (keeping in mind the negative connotation that the term definitively carries). That's the sociological definition and I'm stickin' to it. The claim of minorities being capable of racism is operating at a lower level of cognition as far as I'm concerned....
    wrong....

    anyone can be a racist, regardless of the amount of power they have.

    I'm sick of this bull**** red-herring about institutional power and whatnot. A black man with a gun has power, and he can be a racist. A Hispanic who owns a factory has power, and he can be a racist.

  4. #184
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Ignorance in regards to your stereotyping and giant assumptions. Such as the one above for instance.
    I said, "Are you so sheltered that you have never been exposed to black racism. Have you never heard the word cracker?"

    So point out the stereotyping and giant assumption in my statement.

    One can recognize that yes...black people CAN be racist, just as whites or asians or anyone. Racism is a HUMAN issue, not an issue inherent only within an individual race.
    Boy, I bet that was hard for you to say. You agree with me.

    However, one can both recognize and understand that there is black racism and still see the ignorance in your arguments.
    You certainly have to stretch, don't you?

    Because you are so blindly hyper partisan however you seem to deliniate everything into a situation where they either agree with you, and thus are conservative, or disagree with you to any extent, in which case they are liberals and automatically can be saddled with every stereotype you wish to place upon them. My issue with your ignorance on the issue was this statement:

    "That is just the nature of the differences between liberals who are blind to black racism and conservatives who see the world as it actually is"
    And that is the crux of it isn't it? Examine the liberals that you know. How many admit, as you have done while agreeing with me, that blacks can be racists? How many? None? One? Two? A handful? The best you will get is the watered down statement that all racism is bad. Well, maybe it is. Maybe it isn't. But how many liberals will even admit that blacks can be, and many are, racists?

    Multiple examples of this idiotic comment being patentedly untrue can be found all throuhout this very thread. You have a liberal like Mega whose comparing the Black Panthers and La Raza to the KKK, not being "blind" of black racism.
    Great. That's one. And maybe that comparison of obviously racist groups to obviously racist groups make the easy case. Would Mega agree that the Congressional Black Caucus exists for racial purposes? Why do we allow such a thing in our governing bodies? Would he or she accept a Congressional White Caucus? If not, why not?

    At the same time, you have conservatives like Web and Emporia suggesting that a group who believes a particular race is the "Chosen People" and gives homage to a group that wantonly killed people simply due to their race is comparable and on equal ground with something like the congressional black caucus. That is not "seeing the world as it actually is". That's ridiculous blind partisanship and ignorance in the face of reality.
    I don't see what you see. I see them pointing out the hypocrisy.

    You've spent more time bashing, attacking, and slamming "liberals" in this thread for all their apparent racism and allowance for things while saying not word one to the actual story in the subject which has a group proudly proclaiming a "chosen race".
    Do you object to any people believing they are the "Chosen?" Do not all religions essentially use their myths to explain why they are the chosen people?

    I'll say to you, as I said to Emporia, perhaps if the Congressional Black Causus was going around suggesting black people are the "Chosen Race" you'd have an equiviolent argument here.
    Well, excuse me! Get of your high horse. Your's is a false comparison. Let's compare equivalents shall we? Show me the Congressional White Caucus. Then let's talk.

    Please...show me where the leader of the causus is making such claims and I'll gladly condemn that as well. However, what I'm not going to do is sit here in a thread where someone is pointing to a clearly, unquestionably, and grossly racist gathering and completely IGNORE that entirely while trying to go "Mean old liberals and their black groups" because I'm too hyper partisan to actually address the TOPIC of the thread.
    You, and yours, are unwilling or unable to see the hypocrisy. No problem.

    The TOPIC is that Emporia is attempting to suggest that the actions, thoughts, and gathering in the OP is perfectly okay and is only called racist because "Whites" are doing it and blacks wouldn't have it called on them without presenting a single example of some kind of equivilent group taking action and people saying it isn't racism.
    I see the larger issue is the lack of equivalence. If one group is perfectly acceptable then why not its racial opposite? Black Caucus-White Caucus, Black Engineer of the Year-White Engineer of the Year...

    No one wishes to engage in your idiotic blindly partisan stereotype bashing of "liberals" and "black racism" with you because for someone who thinks they "see the world as it actually is", your so unquestionably biased and agenda driven that you've railed about your percieved wrongs by "liberals" all thread without actually DARING to suggest that you know what...despite your ignorant thoughts on that matter it still doesn't change the fact that a group believing a particular race is the "Chosen People" and whose celebrating a group that killed individuals simply based on race is racist, REGARDLESS if that race is white, black, or anything else.
    Wow! That is a long sentence.

  5. #185
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    07-11-12 @ 08:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    282

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Has anyone defended the Ku Klux Klan?
    The KKK appears to be an ignored elephant only to conservatives in this room, while they ruminate over the niceties of freedom to associate. Why is that?

  6. #186
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Great. That's one. And maybe that comparison of obviously racist groups to obviously racist groups make the easy case. Would Mega agree that the Congressional Black Caucus exists for racial purposes? Why do we allow such a thing in our governing bodies? Would he or she accept a Congressional White Caucus? If not, why not?
    I already answered most of your question Mr V.

    For the part I did not answer, I think a congressional white caucus would be fine with me if it passed the same litmus test I defined.

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    There is a huge and not subtle difference between mutual self help organizations, such as NAACP, CARW, etc that are primarily about advancement and help. (Notice that organizations like NAACP do not bar other races from joining), and organizations like black panthers, La Raza, KKK, etc that are about supremacy of a particular race.

    A good litmus test is "will this group only allow members of their own race or are they open to all races?" For example, if I wanted to, I could go to morhouse next semester, yet many here would call it racist. If it were, I would be barred from membership.

  7. #187
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    wrong....

    anyone can be a racist, regardless of the amount of power they have.

    I'm sick of this bull**** red-herring about institutional power and whatnot. A black man with a gun has power, and he can be a racist. A Hispanic who owns a factory has power, and he can be a racist.
    His point is about systematic racism. Go back and read his post. Notice the use of the word "group". It is important. I am not sure I agree with his distinction between racism and racial prejudice but he is being wholy consistant and your argument shows you entirely failed to actually read his post and understand it.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #188
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Racism is only possible by a dominant group. Minorities are not capable of implementing a system of privilege that permeates society. Minorities are capable of racial prejudice, but the 'ism' part... not really (keeping in mind the negative connotation that the term definitively carries). That's the sociological definition and I'm stickin' to it. The claim of minorities being capable of racism is operating at a lower level of cognition as far as I'm concerned.

    That's provoking violence and rather immature. They get confronted plenty; they know they're alone. Let's just be happy that the roaches are in the light instead of creeping about in the dark.
    See what I mean? This is typical of liberals, even the liberals who claim to be independent. Thank your for your well timed example of what I am talking about.

  9. #189
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Suggesting that liberals can't recognize that blacks can be racist and conservatives only see "the world as it really is" is what's untrue and idiotic.

    You're an example, in this thread, of a liberal recognizing racism by blacks. Emporia is an example of a conservative who most certainly does not see "The world as it really is".
    Can't? Maybe some liberals can recognize that blacks can be racists. But that is not the way to bet.
    Conservatives do see the world, in this context, far more often than liberals do. Just look at one who claims to be Independent says.

  10. #190
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    07-11-12 @ 08:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    282

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    It has occurred to me that I associate with a far better class of people than most.
    Fine, but I am here to assure you that racism runs the gamut of socioeconomic status. If the landed and monied classes were not racist there would be no need for the civil rights act at all. The powerless and havenots can not inflict damage on an insular and oppressed minority. Only the privileged can do that. Those who can decide who gets to sit at the counter, take out a real estate loan, get a job... Some ignorant unwashed rube in an Alabama church living in the same deplorable squalor as the object of his disaffection? Not so much.

Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •