Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 387

Thread: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    There is a huge and not subtle difference between mutual self help organizations, such as NAACP, CARW, etc that are primarily about advancement and help. (Notice that organizations like NAACP do not bar other races from joining), and organizations like black panthers, La Raza, KKK, etc that are about supremacy of a particular race.

    A good litmus test is "will this group only allow members of their own race or are they open to all races?" For example, if I wanted to, I could go to morhouse next semester, yet many here would call it racist. If it were, I would be barred from membership.
    So you do see that all "races" have their racists. Awesome.

  2. #142
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    So you do see that all "races" have their racists. Awesome.
    Of course all races have racists, but we should categorize organizations properly. NAACP is far from a racist organization (now the southern christian leadership conference probably is racist as they have pretty much run MLK's legacy through the shredder at this point), but this is the point I was responding to.

    I will leave it up to your special brand of logic to find out how you made the leap from this simple point to what you concluded.

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    You claim to have never met a white racist. That seems pretty sheltered to me.
    I have been to a lot of places. I have dealt with a lot of people. I have never met anyone, white, who is racist. Rather than sheltered I think white racism is rare these days. Your mileage may vary.

  4. #144
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I have been to a lot of places. I have dealt with a lot of people. I have never met anyone, white, who is racist. Rather than sheltered I think white racism is rare these days. Your mileage may vary.
    If you ever come down to these parts (and you live pretty close by, huntsville is about two hours away), I will introduce you to my wife's family.

  5. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    07-11-12 @ 08:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    282

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Racism against whites is not a real problem. Anyone activated by that artificial notion is a member of the white underclass misdirecting their class resentment. The Klan (and/or its sundry splinter groups, I really don't care) would be more wise to direct venom at brahmin New England blue bloods like Romney than their poor brown brothers who share their plight. It's really quite pathetic. Talk about misdirected anger and illogical fealty to a cause.

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Of course all races have racists, but we should categorize organizations properly. NAACP is far from a racist organization (now the southern christian leadership conference probably is racist as they have pretty much run MLK's legacy through the shredder at this point), but this is the point I was responding to.

    I will leave it up to your special brand of logic to find out how you made the leap from this simple point to what you concluded.
    I cannot recall bringing up the national association of (liberal) colored people. They are more socialistic than racist.

    What did I conclude? That all races have their racists? Yeah, that is quite a leap.
    Or did you disagree that liberals tend not to see any racism beyond white racism? Do you see any evidence here that I am wrong?

    Poll the liberals to see just how uncomfortable they are with the very idea that blacks can be racist. Of course the measurement is likely to change the answers as liberals want to be well thought of...hmm. This might present them with a quandary.
    Last edited by Misterveritis; 07-06-12 at 11:19 AM.

  7. #147
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,935

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Quote me a law anywhere in the country that states caucasions cannot gather exclusively apart from other races. By the way, I just filled out a Merrill Lynch IRA form and including my RACE was mandatory.
    It's nothing more than X's and O's.

  8. #148
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I cannot recall bringing up the national association of (liberal) colored people. They are more socialistic than racist.

    What did I conclude? That all races have their racists? Yeah, that is quite a leap.
    Or did you disagree that liberals tend not to see any racism beyond white racism? Do you see any evidence here that I am wrong?

    Poll the liberals to see just how uncomfortable with the very idea that blacks can be racist. Of course the measurement is likely to change the answers as liberals want to be well thought of...hmm. This might present them with a quandary.
    Here is one instance where you brought it up

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    There was no argument. I clearly identified that mine is anecdotal evidence. It is opinion. I did not hawk it as anything else Redress. Some people refuse to accept that anyone of any color can be racist. Those on the left, where I see you, tend not to ever see black racism. And yet evidence of it is all around us. For example, have you ever seen a nomination for White Engineer of the Year? Yet we see Black Engineer of the Year. We see a Black Caucus but no White Caucus. Why is that?
    You asked a question, I gave you an answer.

    As far as what kind of racism liberals are interested in. In general liberals are more sympathetic towards who they see as the underdog in a particular situation. Often times, this would be minority groups. This is more of the motivation, I think, than any racist notions.

  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    The KKK is a violent hate group.
    I am just wondering if you think the Black Panthers are a violent hate group too.

    According to National Field Marshal for the New Black Panthers King Samir Shabazz:
    •“I love white-on white-crime, because that is the best crime.”
    •“I hate the g*ddamn white man, woman, and child, grandma, aunt, uncle, Pappa Billy Bob, and whoever else.”
    •“You should be thankful we’re not running around here hanging crackers by nooses and all that kind of stuff — yet, yet, yet”
    •He has a “wet dream about killing the g*ddamn cracker.”
    •“We don’t allow faggots and lesbians” in the New Black Panther Army
    •Envisions a world where every black person is “ready to bang on this cracker”
    •Wants to take over neighborhoods “block by block” so “crackers…or even the developer” would be scared to come into them
    •“We’re taught to send this cracker to the cemetery… so kiss ‘em goodbye”


    New Black Panthers King Samir Shabazz: Whites ‘Should be Thankful We’re Not…Hanging Crackers By Nooses…Yet’ | Video | TheBlaze.com

  10. #150
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Alabama Pastor holds 'whites only' conference

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Here is one instance where you brought it up



    You asked a question, I gave you an answer.

    As far as what kind of racism liberals are interested in. In general liberals are more sympathetic towards who they see as the underdog in a particular situation. Often times, this would be minority groups. This is more of the motivation, I think, than any racist notions.
    Do you really thing the Black Caucus is the same as the NAA(L)CP?

Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •