Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: 2012 San Diego "Big Bay Boom" Fireworks Bust / Fail

  1. #1
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    40,828

    2012 San Diego "Big Bay Boom" Fireworks Bust / Fail

    I would hate to be the guy who pushed the button on THIS display.

    Countdown until someone says it's (Obama's fault / Bush's fault) 3...2...1.....LOL.

    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #2
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    17,742

    Re: 2012 San Diego "Big Bay Boom" Fireworks Bust / Fail

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I would hate to be the guy who pushed the button on THIS display.

    Countdown until someone says it's (Obama's fault / Bush's fault) 3...2...1.....LOL.

    Yeah. Obamas fault for sure. Buried in the back of the health care law was a federal mandate to shorten all fireworks displays to reduce the stress induced by anticipation of the loud booms. In fact, all booms will be eliminated by 2014. Reports show a reduction in firework related heart attacks dropped .07 percent in the San Diego area so the law is already being touted as a success.
    Last edited by Fletch; 07-05-12 at 12:35 PM.

  3. #3
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,151

    Re: 2012 San Diego "Big Bay Boom" Fireworks Bust / Fail

    Fault? Heck...man...Id pay money to see that!

  4. #4
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,135
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 2012 San Diego "Big Bay Boom" Fireworks Bust / Fail

    We were on a boat in the other bay and saw the end of that from a distance. We thought it was just the ffinale. Looked like there were 2 displays that did the same thing. They usually have multiple synchronized displays on the main bay. Set to music, I think.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  5. #5
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,653

    Re: 2012 San Diego "Big Bay Boom" Fireworks Bust / Fail

    a simple case of premature effectuation
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it[
    Quote Originally Posted by oneworld2 View Post
    Except it's not their land and it was a war of conquest wrapped up as a defensive war. Subsequent events confirm this

  6. #6
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    39,807

    Re: 2012 San Diego "Big Bay Boom" Fireworks Bust / Fail

    somebody just lost a big contract.

    another angle video at link :

    Fireworks Shot Off Early in Bay | NBC San Diego

  7. #7
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    43,623

    Re: 2012 San Diego "Big Bay Boom" Fireworks Bust / Fail

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Yeah. Obamas fault for sure. Buried in the back of the health care law was a federal mandate to shorten all fireworks displays to reduce the stress induced by anticipation of the loud booms. In fact, all booms will be eliminated by 2014. Reports show a reduction in firework related heart attacks dropped .07 percent in the San Diego area so the law is already being touted as a success.
    My dog thinks eliminating all those scary booms is a great idea.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance. It is the illusion of knowledge" Stephen Hawking

  8. #8
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    39,807

    Re: 2012 San Diego "Big Bay Boom" Fireworks Bust / Fail

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    My dog thinks eliminating all those scary booms is a great idea.
    i'll admit that the older i get, the less i like to watch explosions. i used to be big time into fireworks. after burning myself once and then watching idiots shoot flaming arrows at my house every year, though, the bloom is off the rose.

  9. #9
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    40,828

    Re: 2012 San Diego "Big Bay Boom" Fireworks Bust / Fail

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    i'll admit that the older i get, the less i like to watch explosions. i used to be big time into fireworks. after burning myself once and then watching idiots shoot flaming arrows at my house every year, though, the bloom is off the rose.
    Nothing says July 4th like a bunch of grown men drinking beer and playing with explosives. LOL.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  10. #10
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,503

    Re: 2012 San Diego "Big Bay Boom" Fireworks Bust / Fail

    If your fireworks display is going to malfunction, that's a pretty ****ing awesome way for it to happen.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •