Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Rep. Joe Walsh Says Iraq War Vet Opponent Talks Too Much to Be ‘True’ Hero

  1. #1
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,752

    Rep. Joe Walsh Says Iraq War Vet Opponent Talks Too Much to Be ‘True’ Hero

    Rep. Joe Walsh’s Facebook page is flooded with negative comments today after the Illinois Republican said his opponent, Iraq War veteran Tammy Duckworth, was not a “true” hero because she often makes reference to her military service on the campaign trail.
    Jesus Christ, Joe!! She only lost 2 legs over there, in service to her country. What did YOU do to serve your country?

    Walsh never mentions his own military service on the campaign stump. He never had any.
    How dare you, Joe!! Go die in a fire!!

    And Col. Duckworth - I don't agree with you on many, many things, but on this July 4th, I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your service and sacrifice.

    Article is here.
    Last edited by danarhea; 07-03-12 at 05:43 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Rep. Joe Walsh Says Iraq War Vet Opponent Talks Too Much to Be ‘True’ Hero

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Jesus Christ, Joe!! She only lost 2 legs over there, in service to her country. How dare you!! Go die in a fire!!

    And Col. Duckworth - I don't agree with you on many, many things, but on this July 4th, I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your service and sacrifice.

    Article is here.
    People can be really mean, you know.

  3. #3
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Rep. Joe Walsh Says Iraq War Vet Opponent Talks Too Much to Be ‘True’ Hero

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    People can be really mean, you know.
    Yeah, he is also a deadbeat dad as well.


  4. #4
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Rep. Joe Walsh Says Iraq War Vet Opponent Talks Too Much to Be ‘True’ Hero

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Jesus Christ, Joe!! She only lost 2 legs over there, in service to her country. What did YOU do to serve your country?



    How dare you, Joe!! Go die in a fire!!

    And Col. Duckworth - I don't agree with you on many, many things, but on this July 4th, I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your service and sacrifice.

    Article is here.
    He should stick to playing guitar for the Eagles and leave the politics to people who actually have a brain.

    What's that? You say it's a different Joe Walsh?

    Never mind.

    What a frickin' idiot. I should have known. The Eagles Joe Walsh is much smarter than that.
    Last edited by Wiggen; 07-03-12 at 07:00 PM.

  5. #5
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,752

    Re: Rep. Joe Walsh Says Iraq War Vet Opponent Talks Too Much to Be ‘True’ Hero

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    He should stick to playing guitar for the Eagles and leave the politics to people who actually have a brain.

    What's that? You say it's a different Joe Walsh?

    Never mind.

    What a frickin' idiot. I should have known. The Eagles Joe Walsh is much smarter than that.
    Actually, the Eagles Joe Walsh is supporting his opponent. LOL.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  6. #6
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rep. Joe Walsh Says Iraq War Vet Opponent Talks Too Much to Be ‘True’ Hero

    When she was called up for Iraq, she was working for a group called Rotary International, working to provide(wait for it...)wheelchairs for those in need in third world countries. She lost her legs, recovered, ran for the house, lost, continued to serve as a Major in the National Guard, then became the Director of the Illinois Department for Veteran's Affairs. Her career is defined by service to her country and veterans. She could be a hardcore libertarian republican and I would call her a hero. Some things are bigger than politics.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #7
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: Rep. Joe Walsh Says Iraq War Vet Opponent Talks Too Much to Be ‘True’ Hero

    Constantly touting military service is annoying. Being in the military doesn't automatically make someone a hero (not to say that this lady isn't a hero). What he said was disrespectful, but it's no worse than most any other political attacks in my opinion.

    Also, I think his comments were spun. Here is something else he said (from the article)

    “Of course Tammy Duckworth is a hero. I have called her a hero 100′s of times in the past four months,” Walsh said. “However, unlike most veterans I have had the honor to meet since my election to Congress, who rarely if ever talk about their service or the combat they’ve seen, that is darn near all of what Tammy Duckworth talks about.
    I would have to agree with him on that in premise. Although I have no idea regarding this campaign so I'm not sure if his comments about Duckworth are true or merited.
    Last edited by digsbe; 07-03-12 at 08:49 PM.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  8. #8
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rep. Joe Walsh Says Iraq War Vet Opponent Talks Too Much to Be ‘True’ Hero

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Constantly touting military service is annoying. Being in the military doesn't automatically make someone a hero. What he said was disrespectful, but it's no worse than most any other political attacks in my opinion.
    Digsbe...she lost her ****ing legs serving her country. She has advocated for vets since then. She has not let her war injury slow her down. She is a hero, almost by absolute definition. And if you do not want to hear vets talk about their time in the military, don't hang out with vets. But to ask some one whose military service is a huge part of what she is, to ask her to not talk about it much is just silly.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #9
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: Rep. Joe Walsh Says Iraq War Vet Opponent Talks Too Much to Be ‘True’ Hero

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Digsbe...she lost her ****ing legs serving her country. She has advocated for vets since then. She has not let her war injury slow her down. She is a hero, almost by absolute definition. And if you do not want to hear vets talk about their time in the military, don't hang out with vets. But to ask some one whose military service is a huge part of what she is, to ask her to not talk about it much is just silly.
    I never said she wasn't a hero and edited my post to clarify that.

    I respect veterans and their service, but when people tout that as a major campaigning point it gets annoying and not productive in my opinion. I'm not saying she shouldn't talk about it or apply it to her record, but if that's her focal point or if that's all she is doing then she deserves to be reprimanded for it politically. Like I said though, I haven't followed the campaign and I won't say for sure if this guys comments are warranted if her campaign really does adequately address issues.

    I would also say that she is an incredible hero worthy of commendation. However, that shouldn't make her immune if others call her out on constantly focusing on her military service and not the issues (which may or may not be true).
    Last edited by digsbe; 07-03-12 at 09:15 PM.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  10. #10
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Rep. Joe Walsh Says Iraq War Vet Opponent Talks Too Much to Be ‘True’ Hero

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Constantly touting military service is annoying. Being in the military doesn't automatically make someone a hero (not to say that this lady isn't a hero). What he said was disrespectful, but it's no worse than most any other political attacks in my opinion.

    Also, I think his comments were spun. Here is something else he said (from the article)



    I would have to agree with him on that in premise. Although I have no idea regarding this campaign so I'm not sure if his comments about Duckworth are true or merited.
    Then you are as clueless as he is.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •