Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 327

Thread: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

  1. #41
    Professor
    Luna Tick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,148

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Albertans get free healthcare. I think they're the only ones.
    Health care is not free anywhere in Canada, including in Alberta. They pay for it via taxes, and some provinces have co-pays. Everyone is covered, but it's not free. Health care is not free anywhere in the world.

  2. #42
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    It is extremely difficult for Americans to now immigrate to most countries with harsh penalties against illegal immigrants.

  3. #43
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tick View Post
    Health care is not free anywhere in Canada, including in Alberta. They pay for it via taxes, and some provinces have co-pays. Everyone is covered, but it's not free. Health care is not free anywhere in the world.
    I don't think any other country in the world requires everyone buy insurance policies from private corporations.

  4. #44
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I don't think any other country in the world requires everyone buy insurance policies from private corporations.
    Most of the industrialized world has universal healthcare for their citizens already... like .... Canada.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #45
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Most of the industrialized world has universal healthcare for their citizens already... like .... Canada.
    That has no relevance to ObamaCare whatsoever.

    ObamaCare is NOT universal healthcare.

    Canada does not require its citizens to buy insurance policies from private for-profit corporations.

  6. #46
    Sidewalk Inspector
    Utility Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,099

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Did you say that about the nam traitors that ran to canada too I have a whole other way of describing them...but it would be an insta ban...so ill be a good boy
    Considering I was not born yet, the answer is definite no.

    Not sure the comparison is a good one, being forced to take part some national health care system is probably a bit different than being airlifted to some far off country with rifle in hand.

    Back to health care, yes?

    Seeing how I currently pay for my health coverage out of pocket and it cost me a bit over 500 a month, what do I have to lose in this whole health care issue? Maybe my freedom to choose to go uninsured? Will I have to wait in line behind some fella at the hospital who is on public assistance just because he is more injured than I am, is that what bothers folks, are some too good to wait behind a poor person for treatment(I think it is)?

    Dental and optical are not included in my 500 a month premium, and that goes to show how ****ed our system is, if my eyes are no good and I constantly trip and fall breaking my bones because I cant see, the health insurance will pay to repair my bones but wont cover glasses to keep me from breaking them in the first place. If my teeth are rotten which gives me heart disease, the health insurance will try and fix my heart and yet leave my rotting teeth be.

    Where is the logic behind insuring different parts of my body separately other than to make extra money off of each part, glasses for people that cant see and fixing those rotten teeth may very well prevent bigger problems in the long run IMHO. The eyes and mouth have a great deal to do with a persons overall health status. Why don't we have separate insurance for each part of the body, like foot insurance, arm insurance and torso insurance?

    The health insurance system in the US seems to be driven by greed and not care, the CEO gets a raise and investors receive higher dividend payments if my insurance company simply denies my claims.

    Back to the people who want to run to Canada, I would say don't let the door hit you on the way out, oh and don't forget to turn in those passports to make it appear more official.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    There were, by most estimates, 500 Nazis in Charlottesville. One of them went homicidal. Not all Nazis are violent extremists. You are trying to rationalize your hatred and it's simply not rational.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    as I noted, its better that 10 nutjobs get guns than one good person be wrongly disarmed.

  7. #47
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    No one is going to move to Canada because of ObamaCare, other than it may increase how many super rich and jobs continue to leave the USA.

    To bad we can't force China and India to pass a similar PPACA.
    Last edited by joko104; 06-29-12 at 01:26 AM.

  8. #48
    Professor
    Luna Tick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,148

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I don't think any other country in the world requires everyone buy insurance policies from private corporations.
    Switzerland does. Well, sort of. Switzerland has numerous private non-profit insurance companies. That country mandates that its citizens buy health insurance from one of them. The difference between them and us is their health insurance companies are non-profit while ours are for profit.

  9. #49
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    With canadas health law, canadians that come to Florida to winter here...have X amount of months that they are covered by canadian health care here in florida...there are clinics that are set up with signage that they cater to Canadian Patients, I believe they have paid coverage here till the first of april, after that they must return to canada if they want canadian health coverage.

  10. #50
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    At least in Canada they won't be forced to pay for expensive healthcare insurance that cover's them for everything other than the most serious and chronic of ailments without the excessive sums and debts.

    GREAT...they can pay for universal health care there...lol NOTHING is free
    Yes through manageable and fair taxes. But they will be completely covered.

    Private healthcare has two motives however. Providing healthcare and making a profit (because that is precisely what being private entails). And guess which of the two takes precedence? Insurance companies do pretty much everything to hold onto the money and wont give it up easily, you're better off going to Canada than staying in America and paying for private healthcare insurance. Hence why, according to the UN, the U.S is listed 38 out of 194 countries in ascending order of highest life expectancy, which is lower than Cuba and significantly lower than Canada - truly shameful. Typical example of a country with vast amounts of wealth with only a fraction of the populace benefiting.

    Hell, i'd argue your better off moving to Cuba let alone Canada.
    Last edited by kaya'08; 06-29-12 at 08:04 AM.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •