Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 327

Thread: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    um..Canadians pay higher taxes, do they not?

  2. #22
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    um..Canadians pay higher taxes, do they not?
    Canadian Income Tax at 30K:
    canada tax.JPG

    And from the IRS website for the same amount:
    Based on your responses, your anticipated income tax for 2012 is $2,606. If you do not change your current withholding arrangement, you will have $0 withheld for 2012, leaving $2,606 due when you file your return. To meet your anticipated tax of $2,606, change your current withholding arrangement by claiming 0 allowances plus an additional amount of $879 for the balance of 2012. Here’s how:

    Edit: Am not sure whether either calculation includes additional taxes (i.e. FICA, SS, whatever in the U.S.) or if it's straight income tax.
    Last edited by tessaesque; 06-28-12 at 06:27 PM.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  3. #23
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Utility Man View Post
    When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

    Did you say that about the nam traitors that ran to canada too I have a whole other way of describing them...but it would be an insta ban...so ill be a good boy

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Albertans get free healthcare. I think they're the only ones.
    Well, no one in Canada gets "free" health care... It's part of taxes.

    You used to have to pay for government health care previously, a certain rate per person in the family.

    Another misconception of health care in Canada is that it's run kinda like if you had plumbing insurance, where if anything goes wrong you can get put on the list to have your issue dealt with In the order based in the priority of your problem. However, you have to pay for tools an supplies, and any "medication", but you can get private insurance beyond that...

    Ambulance runs about 250$ plus any medication / supplies used on the trip To the hospital.

    Another time I had stitches, had to pay 75$ for the actual stitches and needles used, the sling and bandages. (bill would have been 300$ uninsured).

  5. #25
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Well, no one in Canada gets "free" health care... It's part of taxes.

    You used to have to pay for government health care previously, a certain rate per person in the family.

    Another misconception of health care in Canada is that it's run kinda like if you had plumbing insurance, where if anything goes wrong you can get put on the list to have your issue dealt with In the order based in the priority of your problem. However, you have to pay for tools an supplies, and any "medication", but you can get private insurance beyond that...

    Ambulance runs about 250$ plus any medication / supplies used on the trip To the hospital.

    Another time I had stitches, had to pay 75$ for the actual stitches and needles used, the sling and bandages. (bill would have been 300$ uninsured).
    That's odd to me. I got 6 stitches at a local clinic w/o insurance for $90.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  6. #26
    Sage
    RDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Last Seen
    10-10-17 @ 05:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,398

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    What if Obama wins the elections. Some might move to Zimbabwe greeted by Robert Mugabe.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I can understand the frustration....but if they think they won't find socialized health care in Canada, I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they get there!
    A perfect example of their ignorance.

  8. #28
    Educator
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 11:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    912

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Sometimes I don't know who is dumber... the average American or the average tree stump.
    How about the average Obama supporter?

    Karl Rove Protesters Can’t Really Describe Who Karl Rove Is | Video | TheBlaze.com

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by jerry7 View Post
    We can't forget them and their mortgages, either.

  10. #30
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,691

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    It's becoming a fad for citizens to somehow announce that they will leave the country, to go to some other location, due to some recent political happenings. Of course, an overwhelming majority won't because it's all huff and puff (sometimes as idiotic as this one is).
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •