Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 327

Thread: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

  1. #161
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,078

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Okay. Looks like Pakistan is the next on the list to look at.
    you should be good there.

    Healthcare in Pakistan too expensive to afford

  2. #162
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Fang View Post
    Frequently, they behave like idiots. For some, because that's all they are. But it isn't this lot that is reconstructed in their failure. It's those around and after them who end up taking heed. Look around you today. Mixed-race couples are commonplace and accepted as fact today. Women are ubiquitous in senior and higher management positions. Gays are on the verge of attaining equal rights. Even atheists are becoming influental. What sort of legacy of the conservative values of 50 years ago do these things represent? None of those bigots was ever brought out of the darkness, but their miserable examples sent countless millions down a different path. The right-wing is continuing to isolate itself today, taking a record of social, economic, environmental, military, and foreign policy disaster with them. Romney will either defend or repudiate that record, and neither one will help the right-wing. It is a losing cause slowly fading into the pages of history.
    I'm an athiest. My family is mixed race. I'm the only white in the family. We are your political enemies even if you are a nice guy.

    Here's your problem...every possible scenario save one entails a declining standard of living for most Americans. The collapse of public education and paralysis of the political culture ensures decline for the country. Declining living standards in a country with a reduced share of the internationl economic pie means that America can't buy social peace from those identity groups that will be moving down the economic food chain. Their lack of education dictates that.

    No amount of happy talk can prevent this. The time to prepare for the coming ordeal was in the past. The country didn't prepare.

    China has disempowered vast segments of American labor. China is weakening the US Dollar through currency manipulation. China has stolen most American intellectual property. And now it's too late to do anything about it.

    Platitudes and bromides don't mean anything to hard cold reality. And now you're going to end up with an embittered and hostile group which has no incentive to help you in your struggle against hard cold reality.

  3. #163
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Obviously they take to the internet and believe that will somehow someway translate into magically transforming a very small number of nuts into a very large number of powerful whacko's.

    It has always amazed me how people who cannot get elected to a county commissioner slot because they completely and utterly lack any political skills whatsoever believe they can have a revolution by typing out messages on sites like this.
    What are you going to do with declining public schools? Your side is in bed with the people who demand maintenance of the status quo. An uneducated people don't have much of a future my friend. You are powerless to change that.

  4. #164
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Not really. Hell, our own Revolutionary War and Civil War show us that there are times when nothing less than bloody conflict will resolve the disputes of philosophy. I believe it was Napoleon who referred to cannons as "The Ultimate Arguement of Kings."
    Collapsing education in America is much more effective than kinetic warfare in terms of permitting the outside world to impose its will on America. America is part First World and part Third World. But only Third World America is growing in any meaningful sense. And that's not good for the future economic prospects of the country.

  5. #165
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I'm working on getting out of here as we speak.

    Well hurry...just pack up and get out if thats what you want to do....

  6. #166
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    Collapsing education in America is much more effective than kinetic warfare in terms of permitting the outside world to impose its will on America. America is part First World and part Third World. But only Third World America is growing in any meaningful sense. And that's not good for the future economic prospects of the country.
    Know what albert collapsing americans quality of life out of greed has done more to allow the outside world to impose its will on us than anything else....Sending all decent jobs to china has weakened this country distinctively in quality of life, Incomes, purchasing power and tax revenues....you conservatives need to be honest with yourselves and admit what you know and cant say or you will blasphemy your party

  7. #167
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Know what albert collapsing americans quality of life out of greed has done more to allow the outside world to impose its will on us than anything else....Sending all decent jobs to china has weakened this country distinctively in quality of life, Incomes, purchasing power and tax revenues....you conservatives need to be honest with yourselves and admit what you know and cant say or you will blasphemy your party
    I admit that both leftist and conservative Big Business types sent American jobs to China. For every conservative you show me I can show you a Jeffrey Immelt from General Electric who sent jobs to the wonderful people of China. No one has clean hands. Both sides are at fault. And now at least two full generations of American youth are going to suffer like we haven't seen in more than eighty years.

    Did you know that the California liberals had the SF Bay Bridge expansion/retrofit built in China and shipped in pieces to the Bay Area? Liberals did this. Doesn't that demonstrate hypocrisy. Can you see why I have detached my emotions from America. Otherwise my heart would break.

  8. #168
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    I admit that both leftist and conservative Big Business types sent American jobs to China. For every conservative you show me I can show you a Jeffrey Immelt from General Electric who sent jobs to the wonderful people of China. No one has clean hands. Both sides are at fault. And now at least two full generations of American youth are going to suffer like we haven't seen in more than eighty years.

    Did you know that the California liberals had the SF Bay Bridge expansion/retrofit built in China and shipped in pieces to the Bay Area? Liberals did this. Doesn't that demonstrate hypocrisy. Can you see why I have detached my emotions from America. Otherwise my heart would break.
    Conservatives are sending jobs overseas, while liberals are buying infrastructure from China. Who will save us? I suppose it will be up to the Libertarians.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  9. #169
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,811

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    What are you going to do with declining public schools? Your side is in bed with the people who demand maintenance of the status quo. An uneducated people don't have much of a future my friend. You are powerless to change that.
    What declining public schools?

    Where is your verifiable evidence of this as some sort of a national problem?

    What are you talking about - America as uneducated people?

    You paint a doom and gloom picture but you are using pastel chalks on a sidewalk that can be easily washed off with a light hosing of water because they do not stand up to scrutiny.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #170
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,811

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    I admit that both leftist and conservative Big Business types sent American jobs to China. For every conservative you show me I can show you a Jeffrey Immelt from General Electric who sent jobs to the wonderful people of China. No one has clean hands. Both sides are at fault. And now at least two full generations of American youth are going to suffer like we haven't seen in more than eighty years.

    Did you know that the California liberals had the SF Bay Bridge expansion/retrofit built in China and shipped in pieces to the Bay Area? Liberals did this. Doesn't that demonstrate hypocrisy. Can you see why I have detached my emotions from America. Otherwise my heart would break.
    So isn't it about time we at least stop digging the hole deeper?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •