Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 327

Thread: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

  1. #121
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,535

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I have to correct you on one of your statements. We don't have governament coverage for basic dental (or anything dental). But most employers will offer some sort of insurance. For instance my basic dental cost is covered to about 85%. Of course, I fork over the other 15%.
    Why is it that there has to be separate insurance for teeth? There is no separate insurance for hands, feet, livers, or knees after all, why teeth?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  2. #122
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,798

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    As I mentioned yesterday, I'm probably going to have to get citizenship in another country, then renounce the US citizenship, then renounce the citizenship in that other nation. That's just the way it's likely going to have to work.

    and then what? no passports, no citizenship ... where are you going to live? HOW are you going to live? Tribal societies may not be very welcoming when you can't speak "ples tok" (pidgin for language of a place) and SCA tournament fighting may not be very useful if you don't have your swords, axes and shields with you..

    The ples tok did make me think about New Guinea, might investigate there. Find yourself a valley back in the mountains, away from the coast and you might be able to make it - unless you get in the middle of a clan feud, or you are susceptible to various tropical diseases or get bitten by some little bug that didn't look all that dangerous when it dropped out a tree onto your bare skin. Not too many medicines back in those pre-1860 days.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  3. #123
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,535

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    As I mentioned yesterday, I'm probably going to have to get citizenship in another country, then renounce the US citizenship, then renounce the citizenship in that other nation. That's just the way it's likely going to have to work.
    You've been given several suggestions. Which are you going to chose? Pakistan, Afganistan, North Korea? I think Yemen might be a good choice. Their philosophy is something you might like.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #124
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,003

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I have to correct you on one of your statements. We don't have governament coverage for basic dental (or anything dental). But most employers will offer some sort of insurance. For instance my basic dental cost is covered to about 85%. Of course, I fork over the other 15%.
    Young children are covered for basic dental checkups here in Quebec, I think it's up to 8 years old, could be wrong as to when it cuts off, after that you either pay out of pocket or have insurance. Not sure if other provinces do the same but I would not be suprised. Health care coverage is national but run provincially and there are differences between what the provinces cover. My dental plan is same a MG's
    Last edited by Quag; 07-01-12 at 11:59 AM.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  5. #125
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    Brilliant! I myself am moving to Mexico to escape gang violence.

  6. #126
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,003

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Why is it that there has to be separate insurance for teeth? There is no separate insurance for hands, feet, livers, or knees after all, why teeth?
    I guess because you can still function with no teeth but will have trouble without a liver/knee/foot etc. or possibly because all the other dr offices tend to be grouped together and dental offices ar usually (not always) in seperate buildings or at least offices (though this coudl be a chicken/egg thing)
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  7. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    it will only be good for America, if all the folks who hate the ACA move to Canada.

    I wish them Godspeed.

  8. #128
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,003

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    it will only be good for America, if all the folks who hate the ACA move to Mexico please.

    I wish them Godspeed.
    Edited for Canada's benefit.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  9. #129
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Mexico is good for three things: Removing annoying college kids from the US for a week, making cheap crap, and being used in western films.
    I completely disagree. Have you spent much time there?

  10. #130
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: People say they're moving to Canada because of Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    I completely disagree. Have you spent much time there?
    He obviously hasn't enjoyed their native delicacies. By that I mean women of course.

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •