Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43

Thread: The truth about the Fast and Furious scandal

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, WA
    Last Seen
    02-21-17 @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    309

    Re: The truth about the Fast and Furious scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Unless the journalist at Fortune has completely lied in her report...yeah CBS news and some other people that have carried the story did a bad job. it wouldn't be the first time a story started on the right, was picked up by other news companies then was proven to be bad journalism. You'd think some news agencies would learn their lesson....of course...the story is still new so I'm sure it's going to be scrutinized.

    Of course....the story has tons of supporting documents while the reporting at CBS/Fox are just based on what someone said and what the Republicans in Congress have been saying.
    No the article is more conjecture on her part with supporting evidence for one guy whose ass may be the sling over this also. Especially based on some if the e-mails mentioned in other articles that directly contradict the evidence in this article.

    This guy also got a promo from the ATF and he wouldn't want to cover his ass now would he!!!
    ATF supervisors from controversial border gun operation get D.C. posts - CNN

    Like has been said before, if this had properly handled this at the beginning with the discipline handed out and those involved losing their jobs for this massive phuck up we wouldn't be here. Instead holder got all pompous, thought he was above the law and then tried to lie his way through this and got caught. He has had to retract his previous statements 3 times now. I think that is quite enough BS from him and those like him that believe this administration can do no wrong and their s#!t don't stink.

  2. #32
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,809

    Re: The truth about the Fast and Furious scandal

    The entire purpose of F'd Furiously was to create "facts to be used to support additional gun bans or gun controls

  3. #33
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,598

    Re: The truth about the Fast and Furious scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    The entire purpose of F'd Furiously was to create "facts to be used to support additional gun bans or gun controls
    You know this how?

    More on Fast and Furious:

    The totality of the evidence -- including the ATF and Justice Department documents that directly contradict Howard's revised position, and his own earlier defense of ATF -- undermines his subsequent claims. And neither the Lone Wolf case, nor the one episode in which Voth encouraged a gun sale in the hopes of making an arrest in the parking lot of the store right after the sale, support the assertion that the ATF had a policy to intentionally permit gun-trafficking to Mexico.
    No evidence, in fact, shows that the ATF had a policy of intentionally permitting gun trafficking to Mexico.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: The truth about the Fast and Furious scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    I put it in Breaking News -Blogs simply because the URL includes the word "blogs" even though the article comes from CNN/Fortune. It is a long and detailed investigative piece. I'm pasting in the beginning and the end



    That last sentence is rather telling, wouldn't you say?

    Great post.


    Most of the far-righties won't read it. They know what they know and that's enough.

    Issa is human waste getting paid to to play politics. He's an embarrassment to the HoR just like McCarthy.

  5. #35
    Student Airborne375's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Last Seen
    10-21-12 @ 11:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    276

    Re: The truth about the Fast and Furious scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    You know this how?

    More on Fast and Furious:

    No evidence, in fact, shows that the ATF had a policy of intentionally permitting gun trafficking to Mexico.
    Maybe I'm missing something but there is no evidence because Obama exercised 'Executive Privilege' to keep over a thousand documents from Congress. Since you have to know this, call me confused and perhaps educate me?

  6. #36
    Student Airborne375's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Last Seen
    10-21-12 @ 11:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    276

    Re: The truth about the Fast and Furious scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Okay...

    I don't see a problem with banning assault weapons as part of personal protection measures. I mean, why do you need one for self-protection? There are plenty of automatic and semi-automatic hand guns that can do the job of knocking a home invader flat on his back if not put a hole in his chest larger than the Grand Canyon (okay, sarcasm, but you get the point). Of course, those who vehemently defend their 2nd Amendment rights will certainly bring up the "militia clause". Still, I say you don't need a tank, a .50 caliber machine gun, land mines, and the like to defend yourself or your property from invaders. A Glock 9mm semi-auto hand gun will do the job just fine. Of course, if you're a hunter or a gun/weapons collector that's a different story. But the sale of these and other such weapons should still be tracked if for no other reason than to help keep them off the streets and out of the hands of criminals.
    The term Assault in Assault Weapon doesn't mean 'Extra Violence" like the name appears to mean. It's termed after a type of military maneuver called an assault. An assault is a fast moving attack focusing heavily on move and maneuver as your certainly going to come under enemy fire. The weapon is lighter than the Battle Rifles that came before them and the ammo is light to facilitate movement. Fully automatic weapons are prohibited and I'm sure a fully working and armed tank would be as well. Law Enforcement however has access to near tanks, Armored Personal Carriers that no pistol, assault weapon, shotgun or anything obtained legally could stop. The .50 cal Machine gun would turn it to scrap as would a tank gun or a ground deployed anti-tank weapon.

    Point is, the second amendment has nothing to do with hunting and everything to do with the citizens being able to fight the government should it turn to tyranny. This whole militia thing? I don't think anyone wants any one with a weapon to join a 'well regulated' militia as the term well regulated is rather vague.

    Peace.

  7. #37
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,598

    Re: The truth about the Fast and Furious scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Airborne375 View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something but there is no evidence because Obama exercised 'Executive Privilege' to keep over a thousand documents from Congress. Since you have to know this, call me confused and perhaps educate me?
    Did you check out the link I posted?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  8. #38
    Student Airborne375's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Last Seen
    10-21-12 @ 11:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    276

    Re: The truth about the Fast and Furious scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Did you check out the link I posted?
    I'm guessing I missed it. Will look around now.
    If there's a new way, I'll be the first in line.. But, it better work this time. - Dave Mustaine
    It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word. - Andrew Jackson
    Sue Sponte - Motto

  9. #39
    Student
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    mid-illinois
    Last Seen
    10-08-16 @ 03:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    272

    Re: The truth about the Fast and Furious scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    The entire purpose of F'd Furiously was to create "facts to be used to support additional gun bans or gun controls
    i see you got the NRA news letter..

    i'll file this with "bush seeded the clouds to get blacks out of NOLA".

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    07-12-12 @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    494

    Re: The truth about the Fast and Furious scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by mtlhdtodd View Post
    Wrong again. Try CBS news and a few from the Washington and LA times. Not exactly bastions of conservative thinking.
    Shhhhhh!!! Don't confuse them with facts. We all know that ALL LIBERALS just want to lie to cover Holder and Obama.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •