Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: Flood insurance bill snag: Abortion

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Flood insurance bill snag: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    And he feels the same about those who have, provide, and support abortions.
    I could care less what Rand Paul thinks about me, as he is a dishonest, conspiracy theorist opportunist.

  2. #22
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:28 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,843

    Re: Flood insurance bill snag: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Pregnancy is not a punishment. Death however is a punishment.
    Yes, death is a punishment - sometimes - it may also be the result of disease or accident or age.




    That is merely your opinion. Yes it is my opinion, just as yours are yours



    Your freedom ends when you seek the terminate the life of an innocent person.
    Do you support the Innocence Project? What should be the penalty when an innocent person is executed by mistake?



    Pro-choice is a misnomer, It really should be just pro-abortion. You people are not pro-choice when it comes to the right to keep and bear arms without any infringements
    Irrelevant to this discussion and a non sequiteur, we are discussing the right every woman should have to make her own medical decisions in consultation with a doctor
    use vouchers to send kids to private school, become a pubic sector employee without joining a union in a closed shop and many other things you people who call yourselves pro-choice are not pro-choice. Compared to you I am pro-choice because I support a woman's right to choose to use adequate birth control,her right to chose to not engage in recreational sex if her partner is not using adequate protection, a woman's right to choose to give the baby up for adoption once its born if she doesn't want a baby, a woman's right to choose to exercise her 2nd amendment rights without any infringements just like our founding fathers intended, a woman's right to choose to use marijuana whether or recreational use or for medical use and I support a woman's right to use school vouchers to send her kids to private school.
    Like I said, abortion rights - not gun ownership, not school vouchers, not favouring lax labour protection laws, not talking about drug laws - so drop them and stick to the subject


    The number of deaths caused by illegal abortions pale in comparison to legalized abortion which has cause 1.37 million deaths each year in this country.
    A true statement only if you think that every abortion removed a viable foetus from a woman. Only true if none of the women would have died without the abortion. Only true if you think a blastocyst is a human being. Only true if in every instance, a foetus had been formed without defect and in the womb and not in the fallopian tubes.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  3. #23
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,613

    Re: Flood insurance bill snag: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    from Politico



    I like this 'comment' on Sen. Rand Paul
    Attachment 67130001
    There's an example of why the federal government should have nothing to do with abortion or flood insurance.

    Flood insurance? Now, we have socialized flood insurance? No wonder people have no hesitation about building in the river flood plain.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #24
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Flood insurance bill snag: Abortion

    They all do it and thats a big part of the reason it takes forever to get even the most sensible simple bill through congress...its assinine and does nothing but cause more hard feelings on both sides...but will they pass a rule on themselves that says YO MORONS no more playing games with bills...of course not that takes simple common sense.

  5. #25
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Flood insurance bill snag: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    They all do it and thats a big part of the reason it takes forever to get even the most sensible simple bill through congress...its assinine and does nothing but cause more hard feelings on both sides...but will they pass a rule on themselves that says YO MORONS no more playing games with bills...of course not that takes simple common sense.
    This, I think, is the real long-term consequence. But, it's often effective in the short-term, and the voting public has short memories and short attention spans.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  6. #26
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Flood insurance bill snag: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    This, I think, is the real long-term consequence. But, it's often effective in the short-term, and the voting public has short memories and short attention spans.
    The other side to that problem...if a republican does it he only piss's off the democrat public...if the democrat does he piss's off the republican public...rand paul especially annoys me..I think hes outright nuts.

  7. #27
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,635

    Re: Flood insurance bill snag: Abortion

    I guess some folks can be pretty ill informed about flood plains. In many instances the flood plain has moved to the homeowner. Suburban sprawl has created flooding where a decade ago such things were unheard of. While visiting the Philly area homes that are 150 years old flooded during summer rains. Mall parking lots and paved roads in ever increasing developments cover more and more of the absorbent ground and punch runoff into the local streams and flooding.

    To use the 'shouldn't build there' so-called logic much of this nation needs to be abandoned, earthquake zones, tornado ally- which is expanding, wild fire zones...

    kind of silly...

  8. #28
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,078

    Re: Flood insurance bill snag: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    A true statement only if you think that every abortion removed a viable foetus from a woman. Only true if none of the women would have died without the abortion. Only true if you think a blastocyst is a human being. Only true if in every instance, a foetus had been formed without defect and in the womb and not in the fallopian tubes.
    That is merely your opinion.Saying something is true does not make it so.A baby in the womb is still a baby regardless of how many weeks he or she has been in the womb.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  9. #29
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,078

    Re: Flood insurance bill snag: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    I guess some folks can be pretty ill informed about flood plains. In many instances the flood plain has moved to the homeowner. Suburban sprawl has created flooding where a decade ago such things were unheard of. While visiting the Philly area homes that are 150 years old flooded during summer rains. Mall parking lots and paved roads in ever increasing developments cover more and more of the absorbent ground and punch runoff into the local streams and flooding.

    To use the 'shouldn't build there' so-called logic much of this nation needs to be abandoned, earthquake zones, tornado ally- which is expanding, wild fire zones...

    kind of silly...
    I do not think people in this nation ever used that logic.What irks me even more is the fact that year after year it seems the same natural disaster happens, but these people keep building things the same damn way. There is no reason why any building in Florida and any other hurricane magnet should be built out of wood,especially with all the disaster aid those people get every time a hurricane hits those places.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  10. #30
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,091

    Re: Flood insurance bill snag: Abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    That is merely your opinion.Saying something is true does not make it so.A baby in the womb is still a baby regardless of how many weeks he or she has been in the womb.
    The statement in red cancels out the statement in blue.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •