Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 123

Thread: Ron Paul Admits He's On Social Security, Even Though He Believes It's Unconstitutiona

  1. #71
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Ron Paul Admits He's On Social Security, Even Though He Believes It's Unconstitut

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    if RP collects one dime past what he payed into it, he is part of the ponzi-scheme.

    that would make him a hypocrite.
    we are all in the ponzie scheme. we would go to jail if we tried to not be a part of it.

  2. #72
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: Ron Paul Admits He's On Social Security, Even Though He Believes It's Unconstitut

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    if he was able to invest his money, It would of grown well above what was taken from him, making your temper tantrum rant look rather foolish and illogical.
    I don't think you can state that as if it was fact.

    It probably would have been more, but that's certainly not guaranteed. I knew a guy that was ready to retire before the recession hit and then afterwords didn't think he could make it (his 401k was cut in almost half) unless he waited another two years so that he could get retirement plus social security checks. There's no telling how he would have been if he'd been dumping SS money into investments. Could have made more could have made less.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  3. #73
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Ron Paul Admits He's On Social Security, Even Though He Believes It's Unconstitut

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    we are all in the ponzie scheme. we would go to jail if we tried to not be a part of it.
    You dont have to apply for it....Ron Paul had to willfully apply for Social Security, they dont just start sending you checks when you become of retirement age.
    I would have had total respect for him even though I disagree with him..If he made a press conference and stated. I am of age that I can apply for Social Security. I am not, I cant in good conscience be against Social Security and Medicare for anyone as being unconstitutional and then accept monthly payments for myself. I will stand by my convictions.....well we know for 14 yrs he was suckin on the taxpayer teat while railing endlessly how unconstitutional it is and how blahblahblah....I was never a ron paul supporter but I had some respect for him...after this revelation I have zero respect for him....

  4. #74
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Ron Paul Admits He's On Social Security, Even Though He Believes It's Unconstitut

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    I don't think you can state that as if it was fact.

    It probably would have been more, but that's certainly not guaranteed. I knew a guy that was ready to retire before the recession hit and then afterwords didn't think he could make it (his 401k was cut in almost half) unless he waited another two years so that he could get retirement plus social security checks. There's no telling how he would have been if he'd been dumping SS money into investments. Could have made more could have made less.
    the guy you know is an idiot if he spent his whole life working and did not see his investments grow substantially

  5. #75
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Ron Paul Admits He's On Social Security, Even Though He Believes It's Unconstitut

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    You dont have to apply for it....Ron Paul had to willfully apply for Social Security, they dont just start sending you checks when you become of retirement age.
    Straw man. The other person said he doesn’t have to be a part of the ponzi scheme, but that was false. The people at the bottom that give, but don’t take are part of the scheme.

    I would have had total respect for him even though I disagree with him..If he made a press conference and stated. I am of age that I can apply for Social Security. I am not, I cant in good conscience be against Social Security and Medicare for anyone as being unconstitutional and then accept monthly payments for myself. I will stand by my convictions.....well we know for 14 yrs he was suckin on the taxpayer teat while railing endlessly how unconstitutional it is and how blahblahblah....I was never a ron paul supporter but I had some respect for him...after this revelation I have zero respect for him....
    I would of lost respect for him if he showed such a retarded stance.

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Ron Paul Admits He's On Social Security, Even Though He Believes It's Unconstitut

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    we are all in the ponzie scheme. we would go to jail if we tried to not be a part of it.

    WRONG.

    if you pay more than 7.5% of your salary into a 401k plan, you don't have to contribute to SS.

    from 2000 through 2004, I was NOT paying into SS cause I was contributing 7.5% to my 401K.

    No one forced RP to pay SS, no one forced him to request his SS benefits, and no one will force him to collect more benefits after he has received back what he put into it.

    basically, he's a hypocrite. Just like his son.
    Last edited by Thunder; 06-21-12 at 12:40 PM.

  7. #77
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Ron Paul Admits He's On Social Security, Even Though He Believes It's Unconstitut

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    the guy you know is an idiot if he spent his whole life working and did not see his investments grow substantially
    People that work everyday and dont make alot of money...invest in 401ks and can invest in 401ks for decades and when they are near retirement lose it all....ask WorldCom and Enron employees. Many people invest and LOSE everything...does not mean they are idiots...

  8. #78
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Ron Paul Admits He's On Social Security, Even Though He Believes It's Unconstitut

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    WRONG.

    if you pay more than 7.5% of your salary into a 401k plan, you don't have to contribute to SS.

    from 2000 through 2004, I was NOT paying into SS cause I was contributing 7.5% to my 401K.

    No one forced RP to pay SS, no one forced him to request his SS benefits, and no one will force him to collect more benefits after he has received back what he put into it.

    basically, he's a hypocrite. Just like his son.
    I don't believe that is true, and it certainly doesn't get the employer off the hook

  9. #79
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Ron Paul Admits He's On Social Security, Even Though He Believes It's Unconstitut

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    People that work everyday and dont make alot of money...invest in 401ks and can invest in 401ks for decades and when they are near retirement lose it all....ask WorldCom and Enron employees. Many people invest and LOSE everything...does not mean they are idiots...
    in relation to investment strategy, it means they are idiots.

  10. #80
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Ron Paul Admits He's On Social Security, Even Though He Believes It's Unconstitut

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    in relation to investment strategy, it means they are idiots.
    There is no strategy with a 401k your at the mercy of the managers...and thats one reason the rich and corporate interests and wall street wanted to murder private pensions...they didnt have to pay them anymore...and they got the ability to MANIPULATE billions more in 401k cash and make billions more off the mass's it was a win win win for the rich

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •