Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: FBI report: Violent crime down for the fifth straight year in a row

  1. #1
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    FBI report: Violent crime down for the fifth straight year in a row

    "More guns, less crime" --Erika Johnson

    FBI report: Violent crime down for the fifth straight year in a row Hot Air

    Damn right!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: FBI report: Violent crime down for the fifth straight year in a row

    ah, the old "correlation is causation" fallacy.

  3. #3
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: FBI report: Violent crime down for the fifth straight year in a row

    I have to credit Obama for that

    millions of people ran out to buy guns, get carry permits and stock up on ammo when Obama was elected. We are seeing the benefits that come from honest citizens being well armed

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: FBI report: Violent crime down for the fifth straight year in a row

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I have to credit Obama for that

    millions of people ran out to buy guns, get carry permits and stock up on ammo when Obama was elected. We are seeing the benefits that come from honest citizens being well armed
    I'd love to see the concrete evidence that the increase in gun-sales has led to a drop in crime, nation-wide.

  5. #5
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: FBI report: Violent crime down for the fifth straight year in a row

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I'd love to see the concrete evidence that the increase in gun-sales has led to a drop in crime, nation-wide.
    well we sure know one thing-Sawah Brady's rantings were complete lies-she claimed that the demise of the clinton gun ban and the increase in CCW licenses would cause massive hikes in gun shot deaths. She continues to spew that crap and she no longer can be seen as ignorant but rather a bald faced liar

    bottom line-people who don't rob rape and steal don't tend to cause crimes with guns

    people who do already are banned from owning guns

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: FBI report: Violent crime down for the fifth straight year in a row

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    well we sure know one thing-Sawah Brady's rantings were complete lies-she claimed that the demise of the clinton gun ban and the increase in CCW licenses would cause massive hikes in gun shot deaths. She continues to spew that crap and she no longer can be seen as ignorant but rather a bald faced liar

    bottom line-people who don't rob rape and steal don't tend to cause crimes with guns

    people who do already are banned from owning guns
    however, I'd still like to see evidence to back up the OP's claim.

  7. #7
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    Re: FBI report: Violent crime down for the fifth straight year in a row

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    however, I'd still like to see evidence to back up the OP's claim.
    From the source:

    Violent crime decreased in all four regions: 4.9 percent in the Midwest; 4.7 percent in the West; 4.5 percent in the South and 0.8 percent in the Northeast.
    Of those four regions, which has the fewest gun owners and the strongest gun regulation?

    Purdy much answers itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Golden City of the Risen Dead
    Last Seen
    10-05-12 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    4,310

    Re: FBI report: Violent crime down for the fifth straight year in a row

    Oh polar.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I have to credit Obama for that

    millions of people ran out to buy guns, get carry permits and stock up on ammo when Obama was elected. We are seeing the benefits that come from honest citizens being well armed
    Oh please. It has nothing to do with gun toting. It's a combination of more effective police tactics in preventing crimes, effective gang control and frankly harsher sentencing.

  9. #9
    Guru
    the_recruit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,177

    Re: FBI report: Violent crime down for the fifth straight year in a row

    "Can it be a complete coincidence that the legal purchase of firearms and the number of people carrying said firearms has also been rising steadily?"

    Yes.

    /thread

  10. #10
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: FBI report: Violent crime down for the fifth straight year in a row

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    "More guns, less crime" --Erika Johnson

    FBI report: Violent crime down for the fifth straight year in a row Hot Air

    Damn right!!

    Compstat (Fakestat) probably has alot to do with this as well.

    Most of your major cities are running that garbage crime reporting/reduction model these days.

    All it does is encourages Division/District leaders to hide crime statistics.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •