Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43

Thread: Bloody terrorists killed 8 Turkish soldiers

  1. #31
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,358

    Re: Bloody terrorists killed 8 Turkish soldiers

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    which kids ?

    evidence.......

    if you are talking about bombing of some border smugglers ,they werent that innocent ,they were supporters of terorists in terms of logictics.

    and USA military was aware of this operation ,,you can search about it on the net.
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...n0se4lYBLy_Fuw

  2. #32
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,069

    Re: Bloody terrorists killed 8 Turkish soldiers

    those smugglers wer not innocent kurds ,and they were warned to stop moving , yes they were not exactly terorists but their supporters.

    and US military service gave turks some intelligence knowledge about them as if they were terrorists..dont forget no bird can fly here without US's awareness..

    and i cant understand why you couldnt find any link for your other claims ,
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  3. #33
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,358

    Re: Bloody terrorists killed 8 Turkish soldiers

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    those smugglers wer not innocent kurds ,and they were warned to stop moving , yes they were not exactly terorists but their supporters.

    and US military service gave turks some intelligence knowledge about them as if they were terrorists..dont forget no bird can fly here without US's awareness..

    and i cant understand why you couldnt find any link for your other claims ,

    blaming the US???

    What other claims. Turkey kills Kurdish citizens it seems when the president gets ticked off at something.

    As I said, this group has acted as terrorists in the past, I have no problem with the army going after them and killing them. I think you know that there have been a number of instances when Turkey has killed innocent Kurds. What is interesting is that they killed these folks not because they were where fighting was going on, but where the Turkish air force and army just targeted civilians.

  4. #34
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,069

    Re: Bloody terrorists killed 8 Turkish soldiers

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    blaming the US???

    What other claims. Turkey kills Kurdish citizens it seems when the president gets ticked off at something.

    As I said, this group has acted as terrorists in the past, I have no problem with the army going after them and killing them. I think you know that there have been a number of instances when Turkey has killed innocent Kurds. What is interesting is that they killed these folks not because they were where fighting was going on, but where the Turkish air force and army just targeted civilians.
    just a few months ago ,not in the past......no i dont know what you are talking about!!


    US and Turkey are allies and US always supports turkey in this kind of issues ,


    if US protects itself against terrorism in the middle east ,turks also have the right to protect its territory and people in their country too!!!!!!!!!!

    yes US always helps turkey about pkk ,although sometimes it doesnt because of its own benefits.

    dont you know this very important fact?
    Last edited by Medusa; 06-21-12 at 12:20 PM.
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  5. #35
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Bloody terrorists killed 8 Turkish soldiers

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    if US protects itself against terrorism in the middle east ,turks also have the right to protect its territory and people in their country too!!!!!!!!!!
    The US needs to rethink its strategy in the ME in terms of combating terrorism, however. 60+ years of heavy intervention in the area has not produced desirable results.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #36
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,069

    Re: Bloody terrorists killed 8 Turkish soldiers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    The US needs to rethink its strategy in the ME in terms of combating terrorism, however. 60+ years of heavy intervention in the area has not produced desirable results.
    i think wash isnt aware of america's actions to protect itself ,and he doesnt like turkey's actions
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  7. #37
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Bloody terrorists killed 8 Turkish soldiers

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    i think wash isnt aware of america's actions to protect itself ,and he doesnt like turkey's actions
    While America certainly has call to protect itself, we must also be careful how we do so such that we don't exacerbate the situation. The real problem is that when you try to analyze America's actions and say "X and Y are not working well, we need to think about the repercussions of our actions", some people fly off the handle and claim you're trying to blame America for terrorist attacks and blah blah blah.

    But the real truth is that actions have consequences and you must be aware of the consequences you are calling forth in order to make intelligent and informed decisions.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #38
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,069

    Re: Bloody terrorists killed 8 Turkish soldiers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    While America certainly has call to protect itself, we must also be careful how we do so such that we don't exacerbate the situation. The real problem is that when you try to analyze America's actions and say "X and Y are not working well, we need to think about the repercussions of our actions", some people fly off the handle and claim you're trying to blame America for terrorist attacks and blah blah blah.

    But the real truth is that actions have consequences and you must be aware of the consequences you are calling forth in order to make intelligent and informed decisions.
    who is blaming US for terrorist attacks
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  9. #39
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Bloody terrorists killed 8 Turkish soldiers

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    who is blaming US for terrorist attacks
    No one does. But if you say something like "Our actions have consequences, and if you examine the decades of heavy intervention in the ME on part of the US and West in general, you can clearly see how our military actions have led to an environment exceedingly hostile to the West. Terrorist organizations can use this attitude as propaganda in their recruitment and thus heavy military intervention can have adverse effects in fighting the war on terror", there will be a non-zero number of people claiming that you are blaming America for terrorist attacks.

    "Blowback" is a real dynamic and to make proper choices we need to understand that and consider that.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #40
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692

    Re: Bloody terrorists killed 8 Turkish soldiers

    I am continually amazed at how childish people are about the formation of countries and conquest. Every country and people have engaged in it. Aboriginal tribes in the Americas did it. Europeans did it. Africans did it. It has occured in the past...it occurs today. Conquest is a fact of history.

    I think the Turks have a right to attack and suppress terrorist activity. Here's a basic factual reality. Kurdistan is gone. Right, wrong, indifferent...its a fact. The conquered have every right to resent the hell out of it and even try and strike out. They dont have a right to avoid consequence.

    My problem with the Kurds is the US position on them. Personally I was repulsed at sending in our A-10s to fly close air support missions for Turkish F4s dropping bombs on Turkish terrorist Kurds and on the same day flying CAS missions in support of Iraqi 'Freedom Fighting' Kurds. When the difference in your positions on the Kurds is based on a border...your position sucks.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •