Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 213

Thread: Judge: OWS Protesters Wrongfully Arrested On Brooklyn Bridge

  1. #151
    Professor
    zstep18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,770

    Re: Judge: OWS Protesters Wrongfully Arrested On Brooklyn Bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    huh? You can protest without disrupting people.

    Why do you feel it is necessary to disrupt people in order to get your message across?
    I think the very idea of protest comes with some sort of disruption. Obviously, there are varying degrees of disruption (such as violent or non-violent). But yes, I think protest in its very nature comes with disruption.
    Last edited by zstep18; 06-23-12 at 06:04 PM.

  2. #152
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Judge: OWS Protesters Wrongfully Arrested On Brooklyn Bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by zstep18 View Post
    I think the very idea of protest comes with some sort of disruption. Obviously, there are varying degrees of disruption (such as violent or non-violent). But yes, I think protest in its very nature comes with disruption.
    And you are wrong.

    Forceful disruption is not peaceful.

    Forceful would be any time that a person has no choice but to be disrupted by the protesters.

    Now, if the person is disrupted because they are mentally distracted by the protesters who are not in anyone's way or preventing free movement, or causing any sort of a direct safety hazard, then that is not what I consider "disrupting" for these intents and purposes.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #153
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Judge: OWS Protesters Wrongfully Arrested On Brooklyn Bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    OWS doesnt claim to be just protesting. They also claim to be engaged in Civil disobedience. Civil disobedience is a form of rebellion. So its a bit more than just protesting.
    All protests are a source of rebellion.


  4. #154
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Judge: OWS Protesters Wrongfully Arrested On Brooklyn Bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Disrupting others is not peaceful.
    Walking in a street is peaceful. Walking in the streets is peaceful.


    This is peaceful.


  5. #155
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,038

    Re: Judge: OWS Protesters Wrongfully Arrested On Brooklyn Bridge

    Last edited by FreedomFromAll; 06-24-12 at 03:29 AM.

  6. #156
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Judge: OWS Protesters Wrongfully Arrested On Brooklyn Bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Oh god
    Back to these images again?

    Also holding a sign is peaceful even if its with a hateful message. Just like Nazis they can hold a peaceful rally even if they use racist imagery.


  7. #157
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Judge: OWS Protesters Wrongfully Arrested On Brooklyn Bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Walking in a street is peaceful. Walking in the streets is peaceful.


    This is peaceful.

    Someone who needs to get to or from his job, and for whom that road is the only reasonable route, would disagree.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  8. #158
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Judge: OWS Protesters Wrongfully Arrested On Brooklyn Bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Someone who needs to get to or from his job, and for whom that road is the only reasonable route, would disagree.
    They can disagree all they want. Fact of the matter is the protesters are marching peacefully making it peaceful.


  9. #159
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Judge: OWS Protesters Wrongfully Arrested On Brooklyn Bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    They can disagree all they want. Fact of the matter is the protesters are marching peacefully making it peaceful.
    There is nothing peaceful about interfering with the ability of others to go about their own business in peace. Such interference is inherently unpeaceful.
    Last edited by Bob Blaylock; 06-24-12 at 03:53 AM. Reason: A man without a forklift is nothing. May the Forks be with you.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  10. #160
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Judge: OWS Protesters Wrongfully Arrested On Brooklyn Bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    There is nothing peaceful about interfering with the ability of others to go about their own business in peace. Such interference is inherently unpeaceful.
    Marching in the streets is peaceful. Linking arms in front of a door is peaceful. Sit ins are peaceful.
    Its like a giant rally protest at DC on the mall, "hey i cant get from point a to point b fast enough because of all these protesters" but guess what its still peaceful.

    Peaceful:

    Peaceful:

    Not peaceful:


Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •