Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 213

Thread: Judge: OWS Protesters Wrongfully Arrested On Brooklyn Bridge

  1. #141
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    05-19-14 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,083

    Re: Judge: OWS Protesters Wrongfully Arrested On Brooklyn Bridge

    Do we have incorporation or not with the constitution?

  2. #142
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Judge: OWS Protesters Wrongfully Arrested On Brooklyn Bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No, you really haven't, and yes I know he mistook what I was saying, but his question applies to your current argument.
    That's for him to decide.



    What's your argument then? That they should be absolute? And that the SCOTUSes over the last two centuries have gotten it wrong?
    I've made my argument clear from the start. Are you trying to argue that the Supreme Court is infallible?


    Some are.
    So you're saying they got it wrong?
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  3. #143
    Professor
    zstep18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,770

    Re: Judge: OWS Protesters Wrongfully Arrested On Brooklyn Bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by YoungConserv View Post
    Do we have incorporation or not with the constitution?
    The Constitution is incorporated, for the most part.

  4. #144
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Judge: OWS Protesters Wrongfully Arrested On Brooklyn Bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Walking in the streets on a peaceful march is still peaceful.
    Disrupting others is not peaceful.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  5. #145
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Judge: OWS Protesters Wrongfully Arrested On Brooklyn Bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    as long as you are not striking others, you are being peaceful. Non-violent protest and passive resistence includes blocking traffic with your passive body.
    And you are also subject to arrest.

    You are failing to understand that the purpose of blocking traffic like that is to make a scene and get arrested to bring more attention to your cause.

    Too many people are failing to understand the POINT is to be arrested, and they are starting to think that they have an absolute right to do that and NOT be arrested.

    That is not the case.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  6. #146
    Professor
    zstep18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,770

    Re: Judge: OWS Protesters Wrongfully Arrested On Brooklyn Bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Disrupting others is not peaceful.
    Was the Civil Rights March peaceful?

  7. #147
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Judge: OWS Protesters Wrongfully Arrested On Brooklyn Bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Disrupting others is not peaceful.
    Then define what you believe qualifies as peaceful.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  8. #148
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Judge: OWS Protesters Wrongfully Arrested On Brooklyn Bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokiate View Post
    Then define what you believe qualifies as peaceful.
    Any form of protest where uninvolved people are free to go about their usual business with minimal disruption.

    Minimal disruption would be in the form of having to take a different route because police have shut down a particular road due to a permitted march on a particular roadway in which the police were able to facilitate re-routing traffic and get advanced word out to the community that this road would be shut down on X day during X hours due to a permitted protest.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  9. #149
    Professor
    zstep18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,770

    Re: Judge: OWS Protesters Wrongfully Arrested On Brooklyn Bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Any form of protest where uninvolved people are free to go about their usual business with minimal disruption.
    So.....pretty much no protest.

  10. #150
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Judge: OWS Protesters Wrongfully Arrested On Brooklyn Bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by zstep18 View Post
    So.....pretty much no protest.
    huh? You can protest without disrupting people.

    Why do you feel it is necessary to disrupt people in order to get your message across?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •