Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 135

Thread: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

  1. #81
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,953

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    These death threats don't represent all liberals or the "common" liberal person.

    These death threats are immature and should be sought out. I wonder if the White House will talk about left-wing terror groups now and warn us
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  2. #82
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham, replying to Karl View Post
    You asked who created the picture and where it came from twice to another poster. Stop being lazy and go find out who posted it and/or created it yourself. [...]
    Since I was not using the picture as a basis for my argument, why should I? Everyone knows that the person presenting an argument bears the responsibility for veryifying/sourcing any external claims presented. Well, almost everyone, it seems . . . .

    As it turns out, Grim was making an ideological argument rather than a factual one, so in that case the use of the picture as a hypothetical is reasonable in my mind (now I might argue against a hypothetical, but at least it is not directly misrepresenting anything).

  3. #83
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    [...] You or Karl or anyone else keeps asking for someone to state who created a picture and where it came from should find out themselves if they're so interested. That way, in Debating 101, they can have the answer already available and make themselves look very smart. In this case, they look very lazy.
    The illogicality of that post is only surpassed by the hilarity of it mentioning "Debating 101"

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    You or Karl or anyone else keeps asking for someone to state who created a picture and where it came from should find out themselves if they're so interested. That way, in Debating 101, they can have the answer already available and make themselves look very smart. In this case, they look very lazy.
    It's not my job to the prove the claims of a partisan hack, it's theirs. Sorry you don't understand debating.

  5. #85
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    These death threats don't represent all liberals or the "common" liberal person.

    These death threats are immature and should be sought out. I wonder if the White House will talk about left-wing terror groups now and warn us
    Immature is an excellent description. Of course they should be tracked down and dealt with in some matter; such intimidating stuff makes for poor jokes, assuming they were joking.

  6. #86
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,125
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Yes, I'm aware of where your argument began. Problem is, Palin was targeting people by name. Here is a the complete version of that graphic:



    Now both are in rather bad taste, but I will agree that putting the crosshairs directly on the person's face is worse, while noting that IMHO it is only a matter of degree between the two (here I'm referring to the anti-Walker rally poster that is floating around the net, with "RELOAD" on it).

    Now if such a graphic is contained in an unequivocal death threat, as the Twitchy site (and a few others) is trying to infer, then that is a whole 'nother kettle of fish. However, we have no evidence at this point to support that.
    Actually, when you went to Palin's website, this is the graphic that was displayed:

    map1.jpg

    Notice what it says at the top of the graphic?

    When you clicked it, you got the map along with the list of candidates that were deemed the 20 candidates who needed to be defeated in the upcoming election.

  7. #87
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,140

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    So what you're saying is, post #4 by haymarket, came before post #3 by sawyerloggingon... Interesting logic there.
    Actually, I'm saying #4 came before #19.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #88
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Actually, when you went to Palin's website, this is the graphic that was displayed:

    map1.jpg

    Notice what it says at the top of the graphic?

    When you clicked it, you got the map along with the list of candidates that were deemed the 20 candidates who needed to be defeated in the upcoming election.
    To be honest, that looks even more intimidating. "prescribe the solution [crosshairs all over the map]... click for a list of candidates"
    Last edited by Karl; 06-07-12 at 02:58 PM.

  9. #89
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,953

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Immature is an excellent description. Of course they should be tracked down and dealt with in some matter; such intimidating stuff makes for poor jokes, assuming they were joking.
    I think most were joking and that it was a result of rage after the election. Many people felt very passionately about the recall effort. I'm not saying this is an excuse for their actions or that they shouldn't be investigated, but I do have a hard time believing that these are legitimate threats with the intent of seeing another person murdered.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  10. #90
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,125
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Actually, I'm saying #4 came before #19.
    So exactly how is it, that post #3, which has that graphic at the top of it, came after post #4?

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •