Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 135

Thread: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    What part of "Do your own leg work and find out" is confusing you? I'm commenting on Karl's asking over and over about the picture. The rest of your BS... don't care, not interested and frankly, you bore me with it. What fails is your little tirade of nothing, which is irrelevant to my post, as some sort of bait. One day you'll be able to form coherent sentences.... won't you be proud!!
    Someone claimed it was a liberal that made it, it is not up to ANYONE else except the person who made the claim to prove it.

    Your claim of "Do the legwork yourself" belongs to the person who made the ****ing claim in the first place.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 06-07-12 at 02:20 PM.

  2. #72
    Educator falcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North East Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    08-10-17 @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    926

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    I'm sorry, but there is no comparisan between the two, and only politics or idiocy could make a person see it any other way.
    Well since you give no hint that you even attempted to even read or consider my refute I'm willing to assume your ignorance is what causes you to have such a narrow mindset.
    I traveled with Ivanka
    the way I normally do
    How was I to know
    She was with the Russians too? - Poetics by TurtleDude

  3. #73
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,140
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Upon review, I see your point -- you were presenting a rhetorical argument that had nothing to do with the topic of the thread. My bad
    This point of contention was based on the post by haymarket, when he introduced Sarah Palin to this thread by comparing that picture to the one on Palin's website targeting congressional districts on a map... A post which by the way, 4 or 5 other liberals have shown their dishonesty by attempting to defend.

  4. #74
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yes, there is a comparison between the two because you cannot prove WHEN it was made. If it was made before Tuesday, then it's the SAME ****ING THING. Conservatives are getting dumber by the year.
    Well, there are two graphics floating around. One was a posterboard version with "RELOAD" on it and crosshairs over Walker's face, clearly mimicking the Palin gaffe. This was 'found' after a pre-election rally.

    The other is the one seen at the Twitchy site linked in the OP, and is clearly a crude Photoshop of Walker's face in a rifle scope. There is zero information at that site as to the source or authorship of that graphic. One right wing site claims it was posted on Twitter, but they provide no link or screenshot. Very dubious.

  5. #75
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,140
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yes, there is a comparison between the two because you cannot prove WHEN it was made. If it was made before Tuesday, then it's the SAME ****ING THING. Conservatives are getting dumber by the year.
    Are you misinformed, confused, or is this yet another attempt at dishonest political gamesmanship?

  6. #76
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,191

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    This point of contention was based on the post by haymarket, when he introduced Sarah Palin to this thread by comparing that picture to the one on Palin's website targeting congressional districts on a map... A post which by the way, 4 or 5 other liberals have shown their dishonesty by attempting to defend.
    If you go back and read (I know it's hard, but bear with me), you'll find that haymarket's post came before the picture in question. The rest of us are contending that the meaning of the target on Walker was to defeat him in the election, unless it came after he won. You've been trying to weasel out of that basic logic since then.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #77
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,140
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    If you go back and read (I know it's hard, but bear with me), you'll find that haymarket's post came before the picture in question.
    So what you're saying is, post #4 by haymarket, came before post #3 by sawyerloggingon... Interesting logic there.

  8. #78
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,078

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    I guess dishonesty goes hand in hand with those who embrace violence in the name of politics... If it wasn't, then you wouldn't have tried to compare a "target" symbol that was used to get people to vote, with one used to convey a desire to kill another human being.
    I am surprised you can even type words like that without breaking down into wild gales of sardonic laughter in the full realization of the ridiculousness of the partisan defense.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #79
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Ah! The expected right wing response... 'it's true because I like it, and no facts are going to change my mind, so I'm not interested in any'.

    Thank you for demonstrating that to the world
    You asked who created the picture and where it came from twice to another poster. Stop being lazy and go find out who posted it and/or created it yourself. Confusing to you apparently... and a "expected right wing response". Yes, only right wingers apparently can sense lazy.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Someone claimed it was a liberal that made it, it is not up to ANYONE else except the person who made the claim to prove it.
    Don't care what "someone" claimed. Karl asked twice, I responded. Still confused?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Your claim of "Do the legwork yourself" belongs to the person who made the ****ing claim in the first place.
    I didn't claim" Do the legwork yourself" I made a statement - there's no claim about it. Again, couldn't give a squirt what someone else claimed. You or Karl or anyone else keeps asking for someone to state who created a picture and where it came from should find out themselves if they're so interested. That way, in Debating 101, they can have the answer already available and make themselves look very smart. In this case, they look very lazy.


    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Are you misinformed, confused, or is this yet another attempt at dishonest political gamesmanship?
    Sounds like partisan baiting to me. The outrage and over reactions is a dead give away.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #80
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    This point of contention was based on the post by haymarket, when he introduced Sarah Palin to this thread by comparing that picture to the one on Palin's website targeting congressional districts on a map... A post which by the way, 4 or 5 other liberals have shown their dishonesty by attempting to defend.
    Yes, I'm aware of where your argument began. Problem is, Palin was targeting people by name. Here is a the complete version of that graphic:



    Now both are in rather bad taste, but I will agree that putting the crosshairs directly on the person's face is worse, while noting that IMHO it is only a matter of degree between the two (here I'm referring to the anti-Walker rally poster that is floating around the net, with "RELOAD" on it).

    Now if such a graphic is contained in an unequivocal death threat, as the Twitchy site (and a few others) is trying to infer, then that is a whole 'nother kettle of fish. However, we have no evidence at this point to support that.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •