Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 135

Thread: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

  1. #51
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Whew... HuffPo blog finally stepped up eh? Sweet....
    TBH, I rarely read the HP....but generally because any time I happen onto a link it's for an OpEd that makes the author sound like he/she was too busy felliating Obama to write a coherent piece.

    I'm sure they have some good articles, but I very rarely come across them.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  2. #52
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by falcata View Post
    Well it is honestly as bad if not worse. First off she is a politician not a slightly angered and/or even radical citizen. judging from this link here " Sarah Palin's "Crosshairs" Ad is Focus of Gabrielle Giffords Debate - ABC News " This came to seen as a death threat because this also happened in the wake of the attempted assassination of Gabrielle Giffords whose district was on this crosshairs map.

    Not only that but Sarah Palin had made comments such as "Its time to make a stand", "Don't retreat. RELOAD" prior to the event.

    Athough the Article puts him slightly with the left because of his mentioning of the book communism manifesto on his Myspace it fails to mention he also liked such political books as Animal Farm, Fahrenheit 451, Mein Kampf, and the Republic. Does this make him a Nazi because he liked Mein Kampf? I didn't think so.

    Larger factors are Arizona's conservative gun laws and Loughner's mental instability, which would not be suprising if it was influenced by Sarah Palin's recently introduced crosshairs map.
    Who is it that normally tries to off a public official? Another politico, or a crazed citizen??
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  3. #53
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    [...] nor am I the one who is pretending there isn't a difference that target, and one from a rifle scope targeting the head of an actual human being.
    Where did that latter one come from? Who made it? (2nd request).

  4. #54
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,145
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by falcata View Post
    Who exactly are our political gods nowadays?
    Whatever that invisible entity inside you is, that guides you to abandon common sense and and embrace falsehoods to prop up your political beliefs.

  5. #55
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,145
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Where did that latter one come from? Who made it? (2nd request).
    Why you asking me? I didn't post it.

  6. #56
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Why you asking me? I didn't post it.
    Because you are using it in your argument. How do you know it is:

    1. Real.

    2. Created by a liberal.

    There is no doubt as to the source of the Palin graphic. Your Walker graphic, referenced by link in the OP (“Kill Scott Walker”: Angry libs flood Twitter with death threats after Wisconsin recall defeat | Twitchy), is a complete unknown, which by all appearances originated at a right wing site (Twitchy). Yet you seem to accept it as fact, a left wing counter-example of the Palin graphic. Why?

  7. #57
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Where did that latter one come from? Who made it? (2nd request).
    Do your own leg work and go find out.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  8. #58
    Educator falcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North East Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    08-10-17 @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    926

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Who is it that normally tries to off a public official? Another politico, or a crazed citizen??
    Personally from looking at history overall i'd say both. In this case i will go with latte like you intended however.

    As a politician though we should hold them at higher standards and trust them not to advocate things even indirectly or unintetionaly such as violence.
    I never once said Sarah Palin would come on wielding a gunand mow down some people. I only said she might have provoked it.
    I traveled with Ivanka
    the way I normally do
    How was I to know
    She was with the Russians too? - Poetics by TurtleDude

  9. #59
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,145
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Because you are using it in your argument. How do you know it is:

    1. Real.

    2. Created by a liberal.

    There is no doubt as to the source of the Palin graphic. Your Walker graphic, referenced by link in the OP (“Kill Scott Walker”: Angry libs flood Twitter with death threats after Wisconsin recall defeat | Twitchy), is a complete unknown, which by all appearances originated at a right wing site (Twitchy). Yet you seem to accept it as fact, a left wing counter-example of the Palin graphic. Why?
    That's irrelevant to my point... Whether it was made by a lib or not, doesn't change the difference between it and the targeting of congressional districts on a map for an upcoming election.

  10. #60
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,145
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by falcata View Post
    Personally from looking at history overall i'd say both. In this case i will go with latte like you intended however.

    As a politician though we should hold them at higher standards and trust them not to advocate things even indirectly or unintetionaly such as violence.
    I never once said Sarah Palin would come on wielding a gunand mow down some people. I only said she might have provoked it.
    And that opinion is a politically motivated one that flys in the face of common sense.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •