Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 135

Thread: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

  1. #101
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,125
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    It was those folks showing up at tea party rallies with assualt rifles that had us all confused.
    Well all righty then... Glad you could join the party pal... Keep up the good work.

  2. #102
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Well... How about you back that up with a link to the post confirming that?

    Then when you discover you have been busted lying, a retraction would be the honest thing to do.
    You are correct. It was the other Far Right guy - the OP - that made the claim. I retract the assertion and instead shift it to Sawyer.
    Last edited by Wiggen; 06-07-12 at 03:22 PM.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  3. #103
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17, replying to Karl View Post
    And there you've hit on it... "crosshairs all over the map"... And don't bother reading those words at the top, because they can be a real buzz-kill for dishonest, political opportunists.
    The fine print is noted, but the overall 'first impression' impact of the map remains the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17, replying to Karl View Post
    Now compare that map, to the crosshairs on the head of a human being through the scope of a rifle... Now you can either be honest, or political... Your choice.
    I've already addressed your comparison:

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl, in post #80, replying to Grim17 View Post
    [...] Now both are in rather bad taste, but I will agree that putting the crosshairs directly on the person's face is worse, while noting that IMHO it is only a matter of degree between the two (here I'm referring to the anti-Walker rally poster that is floating around the net, with "RELOAD" on it).

    Now if such a graphic is contained in an unequivocal death threat, as the Twitchy site (and a few others) is trying to infer, then that is a whole 'nother kettle of fish. However, we have no evidence at this point to support that.

  4. #104
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Well all righty then... Glad you could join the party pal... Keep up the good work.
    Your natural love affair with assault rifles and your constant claims of '2nd amendment solutions' to political problems makes that a natural assumption.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  5. #105
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,125
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    I've seen nothing so far. But, can we now assume that conservatives are to blame for all of those death threats against the President, just as you claim liberals are responsible for whatever death threats Walker received? Or does it only go one way?
    You've seen nothing so far?

    What conclusion do you draw from this, and what in your estimation, would be the correct course of action? (hint - think "honesty")

  6. #106
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,125
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    You are correct. It was the other Far Right guy - the OP - that made the claim. I retract the assertion and instead shift it statement to Sawyer.
    Congrats... You are one of the rare few libs I have seen on this forum, with the honesty and integrity to admit when they were wrong and do the right thing.

    Good Job.

  7. #107
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,137

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    So exactly how is it, that post #3, which has that graphic at the top of it, came after post #4?
    I'm talking about the image in #19.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #108
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    You've seen nothing so far?

    What conclusion do you draw from this, and what in your estimation, would be the correct course of action? (hint - think "honesty")
    The conclusion I draw - as would any reasonable person - is that a handful of 'death threats' against a Governor are far more important to right wing posters than the thuosands of death threats made against the President, which apparently don't count. At least not if the President is a liberal.

    That's the conclusion I would reach.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  9. #109
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,125
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I'm talking about the image in #19.
    But haymarket was not and neither was I... What made you think he was commenting on an image that had not been posted, and that I was addressing his response to an image that he had not yet seen?

  10. #110
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker death threats after recall victory being investigated by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Congrats... You are one of the rare few libs I have seen on this forum, with the honesty and integrity to admit when they were wrong and do the right thing.

    Good Job.
    Thank you. I have edited the original post to reflect this.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •