Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 106

Thread: Senator Asks DOJ to Investigate SWAT-ting Attacks on Conservative Bloggers

  1. #71
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,865

    Re: Senator Asks DOJ to Investigate SWAT-ting Attacks on Conservative Bloggers

    While looking for info on the FBI's investigations of "swatting," I found this Brietbart exclusive (I think) that says 70 or more House members plan to send a formal letter to DOJ asking for it to investigate and to include the FBI:

    Report: 70 House Members to Call on DOJ to Investigate SWATting of Conservative Bloggers

    Erick Erickson/Red State is gaining a lot of attention, but it's important to remember that there are others in other states--Patrick Frey (California), Robert Stacy McCain (Maryland), and Ali Akbar (Texas).

  2. #72
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Senator Asks DOJ to Investigate SWAT-ting Attacks on Conservative Bloggers

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Yes, they should be. That's just not the DOJ's jurisdiction.
    If they can determine that interstate phone lines have been used, it probably will be.

    However, to the right the most important determination has already been made: "Holder = bad."

    And now, as we can see, it has become great bandwagon fodder for the right, as they trumpet their other predetermined mantra: "We're victims of the eeevil left".

    Such great theater. Such little to do with running the country.

  3. #73
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,865

    Re: Senator Asks DOJ to Investigate SWAT-ting Attacks on Conservative Bloggers

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    If they can determine that interstate phone lines have been used, it probably will be.

    However, to the right the most important determination has already been made: "Holder = bad."

    And now, as we can see, it has become great bandwagon fodder for the right, as they trumpet their other predetermined mantra: "We're victims of the eeevil left".

    Such great theater. Such little to do with running the country.
    Yes, Holder is a very bad AG. I guess I've missed the "bandwagon," but I've thought Holder was a poor choice since the beginning, and he hasn't demonstrated that my opinion was misplaced.

    Here's a fun read for you: Eric Holder explains why he should be fired over Operation Fast & Furious. | RedState

  4. #74
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,799

    Re: Senator Asks DOJ to Investigate SWAT-ting Attacks on Conservative Bloggers

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    If they can determine that interstate phone lines have been used, it probably will be.

    However, to the right the most important determination has already been made: "Holder = bad."

    And now, as we can see, it has become great bandwagon fodder for the right, as they trumpet their other predetermined mantra: "We're victims of the eeevil left".

    Such great theater. Such little to do with running the country.
    Yes...I, at least, have already determined that Holder is bad. That's why I don't expect much from him on this issue, though...if Congress gets vocal enough and if the media runs with this story...he may be forced to prove me wrong.

    Suffice it to say, I don't expect him to willingly deal with this issue till after the election...if then.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  5. #75
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Senator Asks DOJ to Investigate SWAT-ting Attacks on Conservative Bloggers

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Yes...I, at least, have already determined that Holder is bad. That's why I don't expect much from him on this issue, though...if Congress gets vocal enough and if the media runs with this story...he may be forced to prove me wrong.

    Suffice it to say, I don't expect him to willingly deal with this issue till after the election...if then.

    I agree.

    If during the Bush Admin a "Fast and Furious" had occured, those responsible would have been drawn and quarter by the press at this point and time.

    Holder can't even find the documents requested by the subcommitte. But then he probably couldn't find his butt hole with both hands and a flashlight either.

    IMO, AG Holder is a boob.

  6. #76
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Senator Asks DOJ to Investigate SWAT-ting Attacks on Conservative Bloggers

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene, replying to Karl View Post
    Yes, Holder is a very bad AG. I guess I've missed the "bandwagon," but I've thought Holder was a poor choice since the beginning, and he hasn't demonstrated that my opinion was misplaced. [...]
    The bandwagon is all the Republican senators jumping on with Chambliss, after the fact, in his attempt to embarrass the administration with empty rhetoric in order to gin up his intellectually challenged base.

    As to Holder, I wouldn't necessarily disagree with you, and I think he's about to pee in his own Wheaties over that stupid Fast and Furious investigation. However, the right does not like him for one reason: Obama chose him.

    And the want to attack him because: they think it will hurt Obama.

    I think Geitner was a poor choice as well... far worse than Holder (I was rooting for Volcker).

  7. #77
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Senator Asks DOJ to Investigate SWAT-ting Attacks on Conservative Bloggers

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    I agree.

    If during the Bush Admin a "Fast and Furious" had occured, those responsible would have been drawn and quarter by the press at this point and time. [...]
    If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass when he jumps.

    Try and bring something real to the table next time, eh?

  8. #78
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Senator Asks DOJ to Investigate SWAT-ting Attacks on Conservative Bloggers

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    [...] Suffice it to say, I don't expect him to willingly deal with this issue till after the election...if then.
    Partisan paranoia. Check the post directly above for a recommendation.

  9. #79
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,865

    Re: Senator Asks DOJ to Investigate SWAT-ting Attacks on Conservative Bloggers

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    The bandwagon is all the Republican senators jumping on with Chambliss, after the fact, in his attempt to embarrass the administration with empty rhetoric in order to gin up his intellectually challenged base.

    As to Holder, I wouldn't necessarily disagree with you, and I think he's about to pee in his own Wheaties over that stupid Fast and Furious investigation. However, the right does not like him for one reason: Obama chose him.

    And the want to attack him because: they think it will hurt Obama.

    I think Geitner was a poor choice as well... far worse than Holder (I was rooting for Volcker).
    I could've supported Volckner over Geitner; I know this may come across as superificial, but his own IRS problems disqualified him in my opinion.

    About the "bandwagon," I can't say that you're wrong or right. You might be right; this might all be political expediency. More likely, it's a mix of expediency and good sense because Holder has demonstrated his reluctance to deal with troublesome issues. As "trivial" as you may think it, his refusal to act on the Philly voter-intimidation is meaningful. It resulted in the resignations of DOJ attorneys and supervisors and is at least "suggestive."

    As for "Fast and Furious," the most kind term I can offer is "incompetence."

    And this is being very generous. He somehow wasn't aware of e-mails directed to him. And this week he "forgot" and "didn't remember" way too much.

    I honestly don't care about the political lean of any AG; I just want competence and honor. Following the rules. Not dissembling. Holder's a failure in these regards.

  10. #80
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Senator Asks DOJ to Investigate SWAT-ting Attacks on Conservative Bloggers

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass when he jumps.

    Try and bring something real to the table next time, eh?

    Really? Put down that cup of Kool Aide.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •