Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 106

Thread: Senator Asks DOJ to Investigate SWAT-ting Attacks on Conservative Bloggers

  1. #41
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,161

    Re: Senator Asks DOJ to Investigate SWAT-ting Attacks on Conservative Bloggers

    Quote Originally Posted by GJ Flash View Post
    Agreed. Just as they had no business dismissing the Black Panther voter intimidation conviction.
    Just as they had no business converging on Sanford, hoping to find evidence of racism by the eeevil white man (or white Hispanic man, whatever).
    Just as they have no business ordering States to stop enforcing the law. Or ordering the States to stop asking voters for ID.

    Just as they have no business ordering swimming pool owners to provide access for the disabled, for the love of God.

    My feeling is, if they feel the need to weigh in on swimming pools, maybe they could also put a little effort towards catching the terrorists sending men with automatic weapons to innocent people's homes under false pretenses.
    I'd agree except for the swimming pools. That would be enforcing the ADA, which is a Federal law. You may not like that it's a Federal law, and that's a perfectly valid point of view, but Federal law it is, so that is the DOJ's jurisdiction.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  2. #42
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Senator Asks DOJ to Investigate SWAT-ting Attacks on Conservative Bloggers

    Quote Originally Posted by GJ Flash, replying to Karl View Post
    You're right, I don't. I'm basing the assumption on the fact that the people targeted by the terrorists have been Conservatives. Do you know of any Liberals that have been targeted?
    What if I do? Should I then run around bleating about right wing terrorism with absolutely no clue as to who was trying to intimidate them? If you had read the story, you'd know who the suspected culprit is, and why he is doing it. But, clearly you've got a conspiracy theory to run, so no time for pertinent information.

    Quote Originally Posted by GJ Flash View Post
    I suppose my point is this: [...]
    I don't care what your point is. Your argument is a major failure (those based upon extremist ideology usually are) of pure conjecture. This makes it likely that your point is similarly flawed (or simply pointless).

  3. #43
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Senator Asks DOJ to Investigate SWAT-ting Attacks on Conservative Bloggers

    Quote Originally Posted by GJ Flash View Post
    Agreed. Just as they had no business dismissing the Black Panther voter intimidation conviction. [...]
    LOL... don't have your facts straight on that case either. Surprise!

  4. #44
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Senator Asks DOJ to Investigate SWAT-ting Attacks on Conservative Bloggers

    Quote Originally Posted by GJ Flash View Post
    [...] My feeling is, if they feel the need to weigh in on swimming pools, maybe they could also put a little effort towards catching the terrorists sending men with automatic weapons to innocent people's homes under false pretenses.
    So, you're in favor of the federal nanny state then, and consider the states incompetent. Funny, I'd thought the right wing position was the exact opposite. Silly me!

  5. #45
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,909

    Re: Senator Asks DOJ to Investigate SWAT-ting Attacks on Conservative Bloggers

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    There ya go... that's the party line talking point I was looking for
    That's not necessarily a party line. I belong to no party and yet say that the DOJ's not handling the Philly voter intimidation was wrong. So suggested the United States Commission on Civil Rights. Skip to pages 87-91 to read about the DOJ's "inherent conflict of interest" and its "intransigence and baseless refusals to reply to our supoenas," and etc.

    http://www.usccr.gov/NBPH/USCCR_NBPP_report.pdf

  6. #46
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,909

    Re: Senator Asks DOJ to Investigate SWAT-ting Attacks on Conservative Bloggers

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    What if I do? Should I then run around bleating about right wing terrorism with absolutely no clue as to who was trying to intimidate them? If you had read the story, you'd know who the suspected culprit is, and why he is doing it. But, clearly you've got a conspiracy theory to run, so no time for pertinent information.


    I don't care what your point is. Your argument is a major failure (those based upon extremist ideology usually are) of pure conjecture. This makes it likely that your point is similarly flawed (or simply pointless).
    If you read the article I linked in the OP, you'd realize that there are several cases in several states of this. It's not just Red State/Georgia.

  7. #47
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,161

    Re: Senator Asks DOJ to Investigate SWAT-ting Attacks on Conservative Bloggers

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    That's not necessarily a party line. I belong to no party and yet say that the DOJ's not handling the Philly voter intimidation was wrong. So suggested the United States Commission on Civil Rights. Skip to pages 87-91 to read about the DOJ's "inherent conflict of interest" and its "intransigence and baseless refusals to reply to our supoenas," and etc.

    http://www.usccr.gov/NBPH/USCCR_NBPP_report.pdf
    You've got to remember that the Attorney General is a political appointment, so they come in with pretty strong biases. So it was for Bush, Clinton, Bush....****ing Thomas Jefferson probably.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #48
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Senator Asks DOJ to Investigate SWAT-ting Attacks on Conservative Bloggers

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    If you read the article I linked in the OP, you'd realize that there are several cases in several states of this. It's not just Red State/Georgia.
    You just told me something that I already knew. Thank you for wasting our time.

  9. #49
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,909

    Re: Senator Asks DOJ to Investigate SWAT-ting Attacks on Conservative Bloggers

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    You just told me something that I already knew. Thank you for wasting our time.
    You're ever so welcome, Mr. Snide.

  10. #50
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,909

    Re: Senator Asks DOJ to Investigate SWAT-ting Attacks on Conservative Bloggers

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    You've got to remember that the Attorney General is a political appointment, so they come in with pretty strong biases. So it was for Bush, Clinton, Bush....****ing Thomas Jefferson probably.
    And so the "intransigence" and willful refusal to respond to supoenas is just part of the job?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •