Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 98

Thread: EPA Spying on Ranchers

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: EPA Spying on Ranchers

    This is a bit off subject but I heard a report on drone pilots one day that went into how strange a job it is. One guy said he had killed 3 people that day then got off work and went to his kids baseball game. He said it made killing seem like a video game but he knew it was the real thing and it was very disconcerting to say the least.

  2. #42
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,417

    Re: EPA Spying on Ranchers

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    This is a bit off subject but I heard a report on drone pilots one day that went into how strange a job it is. One guy said he had killed 3 people that day then got off work and went to his kids baseball game. He said it made killing seem like a video game but he knew it was the real thing and it was very disconcerting to say the least.
    I can see where it would seem almost unreal. I have heard similar stories from bomber crews during WW2 and the Korean War.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: EPA Spying on Ranchers

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I can see where it would seem almost unreal. I have heard similar stories from bomber crews during WW2 and the Korean War.
    True, I wouldn't really see alot of difference in high altitude bombing and piloting a drone when it comes to killing without seeing your enemy up close and personal, although those drone pilots get some pretty close up pics of whoever they put the cross hairs on.

  4. #44
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,415

    Re: EPA Spying on Ranchers

    How is this any different than the DEA doing fly overs looking for marijuana plots?

    It isn't any different and the DEA has been doing it for decades.

    How is this any different than the planes that fly over looking for wildfires?

    It isn't any different and its been done for decades.

    You don't own the airspace above your land. If you did, you could restrict jets from flying over your property. Law enforcement can look at your property from a public right of way without a search warrant. For example, if you had some tall pot plants growing in your backyard, the local law enforcement does not need a warrant to spot that from the sidewalk. Agricultural runoff is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, source of water pollution. You guys that always bash the EPA, you should go spend some time in a country that does not have strict environmental enforcement. Spend a few weeks in China for example. This EPA free paradise you are wanting is a total ****hole as a result of that.
    Last edited by SouthernDemocrat; 06-06-12 at 02:34 AM.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: EPA Spying on Ranchers

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    How is this any different than the DEA doing fly overs looking for marijuana plots?

    It isn't any different and the DEA has been doing it for decades.

    How is this any different than the planes that fly over looking for wildfires?

    It isn't any different and its been done for decades.

    You don't own the airspace above your land. If you did, you could restrict jets from flying over your property. Law enforcement can look at your property from a public right of way without a search warrant. For example, if you had some tall pot plants growing in your backyard, the local law enforcement does not need a warrant to spot that from the sidewalk. Agricultural runoff is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, source of water pollution. You guys that always bash the EPA, you should go spend some time in a country that does not have strict environmental enforcement. Spend a few weeks in China for example. This EPA free paradise you are wanting is a total ****hole as a result of that.
    I got the impression from OP that these fly-overs were occurring at an increased rate.

  6. #46
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,626

    Re: EPA Spying on Ranchers

    I can't find any reference to frequency, just some ranchers don't want the overflights. They would rather be sent a questionnaire about runoff than have the EPA look for themselves.

    I don't see the EPA running into legal trouble over this, would be interesting to know just who these ranchers are and do they have a past history of pollution...

    or daytime orgies on the back deck...

  7. #47
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,691
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: EPA Spying on Ranchers

    This could be an interesting battle. How high does law enforcement need to be when they fly over your property? 10,000 feet? 1000 feet? 1foot? Clearly, a line must be drawn.

    In this case, I think it is very easy for the EPA to monitor the water supply and then get a warrant to search suspected lands via air. It seems to me that the over flights for the sake of over flights is unnecessary.
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

  8. #48
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,691
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: EPA Spying on Ranchers

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I live in a remote cabin that must look like a good dope growing spot to the DEA. They hover over my house and garden area in the summer so close I can see their ****** faces. I give them both fingers and would love to point a gun at them but I don't like jails much. IMO, gov should have to have a warrent to search your property from the air weather it's searchig for pot or sewage lagoons or anything else.
    You need to get the tail number for the aircraft. It will start with N and be something like N123AB. Write that down, the estimated height and find the local FAA FSDO and report the flight as in violation of FAR 91.13 Careless and Reckless Operation. They may also be in violation for flying to close to an occupied building, because they didn't have the intention of landing.

    Your local FSDO is probably http:\\Boise FSDO . That is the Boise field office. They probably won't do anything to the pilot, but if he starts getting letters of correction from the FAA he'll get the idea.
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

  9. #49
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,417

    Re: EPA Spying on Ranchers

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    This could be an interesting battle. How high does law enforcement need to be when they fly over your property? 10,000 feet? 1000 feet? 1foot? Clearly, a line must be drawn.
    This is solely my opinion, but I would think that whatever the minimum elevation above ground that is allowed for private aircraft would be considered "public right-of-way" and thus allowable for this type of observation.

    I seem to recall from many years ago that there is a minimum for private pilots, but I do not recall the details.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  10. #50
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,626

    Re: EPA Spying on Ranchers

    The form to report complaints to the FAA has the minimum altitudes on it-
    congested area is 1,000' agl
    populated area is 500' agl
    sparsely pop is 500' agl

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •