Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Walker campaign sends $100,000 to John Doe legal fund

  1. #1
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,728

    Walker campaign sends $100,000 to John Doe legal fund

    Gov. Scott Walker's campaign has transferred another $100,000 to the defense fund used to pay his pricey criminal defense lawyers in the lengthy John Doe investigation into activities during Walker's time as county executive.

    Newly filed campaign reports show Walker's campaign transferred $70,000 to the Scott Walker Trust on May 3 and another $30,000 on May 17.

    That bring the total the first-term governor has put in the defense fund to $160,000 in the past six weeks.

    State law requires that the campaign get prior approval from donors before shifting their money to a legal-defense fund. Walker's campaign has declined to identify the contributors who OK'd the transfers.
    And here is the key to knowing what's up with Walker in Wisconsin. According to Wisconsin law, a governor, or any other public servant in the state of Wisconsin, may have a legal defense fund if and ONLY if.

    1) He has been charged with a crime.

    OR

    2) He is under investigation for a crime.

    Any other use of a legal defense fund, such as the one Walker has set up for himself, would be a felony. So Walker can state all he wants that he is not under investigation for criminal activity. The mere existence of his defense fund says that he is lying, but if by chance he is telling the truth, then he has committed a serious crime nonetheless. Either way, he loses.

    As I have said earlier, I still predict Walker to win in his recall election, but I am now certain that Walker's career could very well end in a prison cell, just like Blago's career ended in Illinois.

    Article is here.
    Last edited by danarhea; 05-30-12 at 04:36 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #2
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,728

    Re: Walker campaign sends $100,000 to John Doe legal fund

    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  3. #3
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Walker campaign sends $100,000 to John Doe legal fund

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Felons need jobs to. As such...Good for Walker!
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  4. #4
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Walker campaign sends $100,000 to John Doe legal fund

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    And here is the key to knowing what's up with Walker in Wisconsin. According to Wisconsin law, a governor, or any other public servant in the state of Wisconsin, may have a legal defense fund if and ONLY if.

    1) He has been charged with a crime.

    OR

    2) He is under investigation for a crime.

    Any other use of a legal defense fund, such as the one Walker has set up for himself, would be a felony. So Walker can state all he wants that he is not under investigation for criminal activity. The mere existence of his defense fund says that he is lying, but if by chance he is telling the truth, then he has committed a serious crime nonetheless. Either way, he loses.

    As I have said earlier, I still predict Walker to win in his recall election, but I am now certain that Walker's career could very well end in a prison cell, just like Blago's career ended in Illinois.

    Article is here.
    Oh look! A blog! I wonder if I write a blog if it will get parroted around as the Truth and Gospel?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  5. #5
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,728

    Re: Walker campaign sends $100,000 to John Doe legal fund

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Oh look! A blog! I wonder if I write a blog if it will get parroted around as the Truth and Gospel?
    I see, so you deny that Walker hired felons, despite the fact that 2 that he hired have been convicted, several more are awaiting trial, and that more than a dozen have been granted immunity in exchange for their grand jury testimony? It's all in the public record, but because a blog mentioned it, then according to you, it must not exist.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  6. #6
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Walker campaign sends $100,000 to John Doe legal fund

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I see, so you deny that Walker hired felons, despite the fact that 2 that he hired have been convicted, several more are awaiting trial, and that more than a dozen have been granted immunity in exchange for their grand jury testimony? It's all in the public record, but because a blog mentioned it, then according to you, it must not exist.
    Obviously you skipped post #3. You should probably take a gander at it.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #7
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,728

    Re: Walker campaign sends $100,000 to John Doe legal fund

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Felons need jobs to. As such...Good for Walker!
    Now we know where you stand. You ARE for crooks in government. In fact one of those charged is accused of stealing from a fund for families of soldiers killed in war. Another is charged with attempting to molest a child. Nice to know you support that.
    Last edited by danarhea; 06-02-12 at 12:40 AM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  8. #8
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Walker campaign sends $100,000 to John Doe legal fund

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Now we know where you stand. You ARE for crooks in government. In fact one of those charged is accused of stealing from a fund for families of soldiers killed in war. Another is charged with attempting to molest a child. Nice to know you support that.
    Not where I stand at all. I don't know how to make my post any simpler than what I did in post #3 so that you can understand that though.

    BTW, if someone has not been convicted of something then they are not felons. And being accused of doing something does not mean that they are convicted of something. IE not felons.

    No wonder all you anti-walker posters are so wrong all the time. You can't tell the difference between a felon and a person that is just being accused of something.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #9
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,728

    Re: Walker campaign sends $100,000 to John Doe legal fund

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Not where I stand at all. I don't know how to make my post any simpler than what I did in post #3 so that you can understand that though.

    BTW, if someone has not been convicted of something then they are not felons. And being accused of doing something does not mean that they are convicted of something. IE not felons.

    No wonder all you anti-walker posters are so wrong all the time. You can't tell the difference between a felon and a person that is just being accused of something.
    Actually, there have been 2 convictions in the Walkergate scandal already. Do try to keep up.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  10. #10
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Walker campaign sends $100,000 to John Doe legal fund

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Actually, there have been 2 convictions in the Walkergate scandal already. Do try to keep up.
    And where are those two right now?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •