Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 190

Thread: Voter Fraud? 20,000 Felons Signed Wisconsin Recall Petition

  1. #161
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Voter Fraud? 20,000 Felons Signed Wisconsin Recall Petition

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    It's a never ending chain of dishonesty with you. Here's the part of the petition Pete snipped off.

    Attachment 67128440

    Remember... When you have to lie to prop up your beliefs, then you have beliefs that aren't worth propping up.
    Thanks for proving that the law that was cited applies only to the CERTIFIER and not the signers of the petition
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #162
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Voter Fraud? 20,000 Felons Signed Wisconsin Recall Petition

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Read the damned law...

    Wisconsin Legislature: 12.13(3)(a)

    This is state law, not just laws governing election workers or petition gatherers.
    It says that no one can falsify any info on the petition. The signers didn't falsify any info
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #163
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Voter Fraud? 20,000 Felons Signed Wisconsin Recall Petition

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Read the damned law...

    Wisconsin Legislature: 12.13(3)(a)

    This is state law, not just laws governing election workers or petition gatherers.
    (a) Falsify any information in respect to or fraudulently deface or destroy a certificate of nomination, nomination paper, declaration of candidacy or petition for an election, including a recall petition or petition for a referendum; or file or receive for filing a certificate of nomination, nomination paper, declaration of candidacy or any such petition, knowing any part is falsely made.
    What information the signer writes on the document is false? Is the signer warned on the document that he/she should not sign if he/she isn't a valid voter? No.


  4. #164
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Voter Fraud? 20,000 Felons Signed Wisconsin Recall Petition

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    It says that no one can falsify any info on the petition. The signers didn't falsify any info
    That's the ticket.


  5. #165
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Voter Fraud? 20,000 Felons Signed Wisconsin Recall Petition

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Thanks for proving that the law that was cited applies only to the CERTIFIER and not the signers of the petition
    Correct. The responsibility is on the signature gatherer, not on the individual signers.


  6. #166
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,139
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Voter Fraud? 20,000 Felons Signed Wisconsin Recall Petition

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    It says that no one can falsify any info on the petition. The signers didn't falsify any info
    Is this game of deception by design, or are you really that clueless here?

    The person gathering the signatures signs the agreement at bottom of the petition, which states that they "know that the signers are electors..." An "elector" is a person who is legally eligible to vote. If they did not ask signers about their eligibility, then the person gathering signatures has falsified information. If the person gathering signatures did inquire about a signers eligibility, and the signer lied and said they were eligible to vote, then the signer just committed fraud by signing the petition.

    Are you really going to continue this game? All you're doing is making yourself look foolish.

  7. #167
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Voter Fraud? 20,000 Felons Signed Wisconsin Recall Petition

    Good ole Grim, always looking for the worst explanation.

    The simple fact is that people who do this are usually low paid clerks. There is a reason twice as many signatures were collected as necessary, to account for these kinds of errors.

  8. #168
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Voter Fraud? 20,000 Felons Signed Wisconsin Recall Petition

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Is this game of deception by design, or are you really that clueless here?

    The person gathering the signatures signs the agreement at bottom of the petition, which states that they "know that the signers are electors..." An "elector" is a person who is legally eligible to vote. If they did not ask signers about their eligibility, then the person gathering signatures has falsified information. If the person gathering signatures did inquire about a signers eligibility, and the signer lied and said they were eligible to vote, then the signer just committed fraud by signing the petition.

    Are you really going to continue this game? All you're doing is making yourself look foolish.
    You have no evidence that the certifier did or did not ask, nor do you have any evidence that the certifier or the signers knowingly falsified any info
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #169
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,791

    Re: Voter Fraud? 20,000 Felons Signed Wisconsin Recall Petition

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    You have no evidence that the certifier did or did not ask, nor do you have any evidence that the certifier or the signers knowingly falsified any info
    Ignorance of breaking a law is not defense for doing so.

  10. #170
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Voter Fraud? 20,000 Felons Signed Wisconsin Recall Petition

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Ignorance of breaking a law is not defense for doing so.
    What information does the signers write on the petition that is false?

    Edit: How does one know they no longer can vote after conviction??
    Last edited by pbrauer; 05-28-12 at 05:32 PM.


Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •