Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: A Statement from Americans Elect

  1. #11
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: A Statement from Americans Elect

    The reason third party candidates never go anywhere is mainly because the American people don't give a **** about third party candidates.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  2. #12
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,804

    Re: A Statement from Americans Elect

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_rebson View Post
    I disagree with you.

    I think more of them are watching American Idol than Dancing with the Stars.
    Me too, but I vote my conscience and I am not voting for either Corpgov candidate.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  3. #13
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,804

    Re: A Statement from Americans Elect

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    The reason third party candidates never go anywhere is mainly because the American people don't give a **** about third party candidates.
    The average American candidate is less informed than most of the people here and that's some scary **** when you think about it. American voters are too pussied up to vote third party. The only way to change the Corpgov two party system is to use the system to change the system. Anyone who seriously believes that voting Republican or Democrat is really going to return the government to a Constitutional Republic is blowing smoke out dey butts.

    Do you know what the standard reply is to the above statement? It starts with, "Well, at least..." I'm sick of least. I am sick of the American People sucking hind tit. If anyone disagrees with me they can take it to a Corpgov "free speech zone".
    Last edited by Risky Thicket; 05-31-12 at 03:06 AM.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  4. #14
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: A Statement from Americans Elect

    Quote Originally Posted by NAKED N00B View Post
    It was a huge failure because we already have a centrist candidate. He's running for the Democrats.
    Wow! If you consider Obama a centrist, I don't think I want to know your definition of extreme leftest. The guy is right of maybe Stalin, Lennin or Mao, but not by much.

  5. #15
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: A Statement from Americans Elect

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    The reason third party candidates never go anywhere is mainly because the American people don't give a **** about third party candidates.
    I disagree. The reason is because less than half of the people vote in an election.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  6. #16
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: A Statement from Americans Elect

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Wow! If you consider Obama a centrist, I don't think I want to know your definition of extreme leftest. The guy is right of maybe Stalin, Lennin or Mao, but not by much.
    I wouldn't call Obama a Liberal, but I wouldn't call him a centrist either. When it comes to civil liberties, I would call him Bush on steroids.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  7. #17
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: A Statement from Americans Elect

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    The reason third party candidates never go anywhere is mainly because the American people don't give a **** about third party candidates.
    ALot of americans are dieing for a viable 3rd party candidate...why it will never happen is 1. Money, third party candidate could never raise enough cash to compete..2.Organization, they dont have the long time built organization nationally to compete..3. The media stifles them and will not let them get their message out....You dont think foxnews is going to tout a third party candidate over their favorite right winger or msnbc over their favorite liberal do you..

  8. #18
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:14 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,723

    Re: A Statement from Americans Elect

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Americans Elect has decided not to field a candidate this year, the reason being that there was a lack of interest. So I have my own statement to make to Americans. If Obama is reelected, or if Romney beats him and is elected, and you happen to be one of the ones who didn't vote for either, don't bitch about government being ****ed up. Obama and Romney are not the problem. YOU ARE!! When you don't give a **** long enough to turn off Dancing with the Stars and get your flabby ass off the couch just long enough to vote or otherwise participate, then you deserve the government you end up getting. Stop whining about your government. By your inaction YOU helped to create it, so just shut your ****ing mouth. I don't want to hear it. Just live with what you helped to create, and may God have mercy on your pathetic soul.

    /rant
    One the best "American" things I've read in forum in quite awhile.

    Thanks for posting.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  9. #19
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: A Statement from Americans Elect

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Americans Elect has decided not to field a candidate this year, the reason being that there was a lack of interest. So I have my own statement to make to Americans. If Obama is reelected, or if Romney beats him and is elected, and you happen to be one of the ones who didn't vote for either, don't bitch about government being ****ed up. Obama and Romney are not the problem. YOU ARE!! When you don't give a **** long enough to turn off Dancing with the Stars and get your flabby ass off the couch just long enough to vote or otherwise participate, then you deserve the government you end up getting. Stop whining about your government. By your inaction YOU helped to create it, so just shut your ****ing mouth. I don't want to hear it. Just live with what you helped to create, and may God have mercy on your pathetic soul.

    /rant
    Who the F are "Americans Elect Delegates"? And what makes you think that everyone knew about this? And just because no one reached the threshhold you hold EVERYONE responsible for it? Never mind the fact that there were people that were trying...just that they couldn't get behind one candidate.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #20
    User NameGoesHere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    10-03-12 @ 11:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    85

    Re: A Statement from Americans Elect

    I've been saying for a while we need to have some kind of means test to vote. There are so many sheeple in this country who don't even know the basics about our government and yet can vote the same people in year after year. Make voting a privilege where you have to show some basic knowledge in civics to be able to vote. I'm tired of career politicians who sway people with emotional rhetoric. v
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •