Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 238

Thread: NAACP backs gay marriage

  1. #31
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: NAACP backs gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Enola View Post
    Yup

    123456789
    Shame.

    .......

  2. #32
    Sage
    Enola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    07-30-16 @ 02:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,326
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: NAACP backs gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Shame.

    .......

    Probably I will feel that later. But not right now.

  3. #33
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    NAACP Backs Same-Sex Marriage

    NAACP Backs Gay Marriage - WSJ.com

    About time. I've been dismayed at what seems to be Black prejudice towards gays. Makes no sense, really. A welcome new voice.

  4. #34
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: NAACP Backs Same-Sex Marriage

    Everyone should. It's just fair.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #35
    Guru
    ChuckBerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Last Seen
    10-28-13 @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,491

    Re: NAACP backs gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Flippinfunky View Post
    Do you think we aren't aware the majority of the black community doesn't support Gay Marriage? This isn't new news.
    Who's "we"?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Actually, the majority now support SSM.
    The morality of abortion is not a religious belief, any more than the morality of slavery, apartheid, rape, larceny, murder or arson is a religious belief. These are norms of the natural law of mankind and can be legislated even in a completely religionless society.

  6. #36
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: NAACP backs gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckBerry View Post
    Sorry, but I just couldn't help but think of another thread about this subject when I read this...



    So to sum up...the black majority in the U.S. are bigots, prejudiced, ignorant, arrogant, irrational fools, and if actively participating in anti-SSM, huge hypocrites.

    Hm.
    I have no idea how you tie my statement to this but feel free to try and do a BS spin on it however you like my ACTUAL statement stands and applies to ALL it describes lol


    but please continue to expose your self with logical fallacies
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #37
    Guru
    ChuckBerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Last Seen
    10-28-13 @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,491

    Re: NAACP backs gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Still waiting to hear your point...
    It's disappointing when I have to spoon feed people; reading the whole thread and remembering what you read ought to be a basic skill...Thunder posted a poll that suggests a black majority support SSM. I posted polls that strongly suggest differently.

    Don't recall you asking what Thunder's point was when he posted his own poll.
    The morality of abortion is not a religious belief, any more than the morality of slavery, apartheid, rape, larceny, murder or arson is a religious belief. These are norms of the natural law of mankind and can be legislated even in a completely religionless society.

  8. #38
    Guru
    ChuckBerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Last Seen
    10-28-13 @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,491

    Re: NAACP backs gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    I have no idea how you tie my statement to this but feel free to try and do a BS spin on it however you like my ACTUAL statement stands and applies to ALL it describes lol


    but please continue to expose your self with logical fallacies
    I am using your own words...if those words have logical fallacies, they belong to you.

    The morality of abortion is not a religious belief, any more than the morality of slavery, apartheid, rape, larceny, murder or arson is a religious belief. These are norms of the natural law of mankind and can be legislated even in a completely religionless society.

  9. #39
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: NAACP backs gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckBerry View Post
    I am using your own words...if those words have logical fallacies, they belong to you.

    100% wrong LOL

    you are using my words out of content and with no facts to back up your hyperbole LMAO

    do you have proof that the the majority of black americans actively participate in trying to stop equal gay rights? NOPE its something you made up

    soooooooo until you do, you "using my words" is complete BS and exposes you for a logical fallacy

    now wipe the egg off your face and let me know what part you dont get
    Last edited by AGENT J; 05-19-12 at 11:56 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #40
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: NAACP backs gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    evidence?...
    I wouldn't normally respond to anything you post but this is for the rest of the forum more than you. You were just the first user to post what I knew was the inevitable proof? response. I pulled these stories off of the first page and a half after I typed black homosexuality into Google. I didn't have to look hard.
    It is common knowledge that the black community, as a whole, has its reservations about gays. And that's putting it nicely. The issue isn't to look at whether they favor gay marriage. There is probably going to be a roughly 10% swing in favor of it just because President Obama supports it IMO. The real issue is to look at what blacks, as a whole, say about the morality and their approval of being a homosexual. It's a resounding no. In some polls as much as 70% disapprove of homosexuality. Of course, you knew that. You were just reading all the articles that some media outlets cherrypicked to make it look closer that it is. Some of the same media outlets published stories no more than 2 weeks to a year ago stating how blacks disapproved instead of approved of homosexuality and gay marriage. Organizations like the NAACP are going to try their hardest to make this a political issue when it's not. It's a moral issue to the very people they represent. Well, the people they used to represent. The NAACP is out of touch with blacks now because they try to force their views on them instead of trumpet the views of the people they represent.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/16/us...pagewanted=all
    Understanding Black Attitudes Toward Homosexuality | The Defenders Online | A Civil Rights Blog
    Blacklight
    Blacks' aversion to homosexuality - LA Observed
    Black Pastors Speak Out on Obama's Gay Marriage Stance
    Last edited by MarineTpartier; 05-20-12 at 12:12 AM.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •