Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 238

Thread: NAACP backs gay marriage

  1. #11
    Guru
    ChuckBerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Last Seen
    10-28-13 @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,491

    Re: NAACP backs gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    The black population, a very religious population, has been notoriously anti-gay marriage for a while
    Sorry, but I just couldn't help but think of another thread about this subject when I read this...

    Quote Originally Posted by wolv67 View Post
    the other side *are* bigots
    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    I don't view the anti-SSM position to be based upon anything other than prejudice and ignorance
    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    those who are against it maintain some sort of prejudice toward gays
    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    if you actively participate in preventing others from having equal rights as an american you are a huge hypocrite and the possibility of you being a bigot, arrogant, illogical, irrational, prejudice and or a fool is solidly present.
    So to sum up...the black majority in the U.S. are bigots, prejudiced, ignorant, arrogant, irrational fools, and if actively participating in anti-SSM, huge hypocrites.

    Hm.
    The morality of abortion is not a religious belief, any more than the morality of slavery, apartheid, rape, larceny, murder or arson is a religious belief. These are norms of the natural law of mankind and can be legislated even in a completely religionless society.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: NAACP backs gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    ...The black population, as a whole, does not approve of gay marriage....
    evidence?...

  3. #13
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: NAACP backs gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    I don't have an issue with gay marriage. I do have an issue with the timing of this "announcement". How hypocritical can they be? The NAACP ceased being a credible organization a loooooong time ago and this highlights why. The black population, as a whole, does not approve of gay marriage. However, the NAACP decides to contradict the very minority they represent just to support a candidate who is black. This also highlights the fact that they ceased to be an organization that represents values or beliefs and have evolved into just another political mouthpiece.
    It doesn't seem like you are clear on what the word "hypocritical" means.
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: NAACP backs gay marriage

    More than half of all African Americans in the poll back the presidentís statement: 54 percent have favorable impressions; 37 percent unfavorable ones

    Voters split on Obama's gay marriage announcement - Behind the Numbers - The Washington Post

  5. #15
    Educator Flippinfunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA (Raised in SW Oklahoma)
    Last Seen
    08-01-12 @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    883

    Re: NAACP backs gay marriage

    Hillarygaypeople.jpg

    That about sums it up.
    Silly poor people
    Tax cuts are for the rich!

  6. #16
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: NAACP backs gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckBerry View Post
    Sorry, but I just couldn't help but think of another thread about this subject when I read this...









    So to sum up...the black majority in the U.S. are bigots, prejudiced, ignorant, arrogant, irrational fools, and if actively participating in anti-SSM, huge hypocrites.

    Hm.
    For the most part, when it comes to this particular issue, yes.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  7. #17
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: NAACP backs gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckBerry View Post
    Sorry, but I just couldn't help but think of another thread about this subject when I read this...

    So to sum up...the black majority in the U.S. are bigots, prejudiced, ignorant, arrogant, irrational fools, and if actively participating in anti-SSM, huge hypocrites.

    Hm.
    Actually, the majority now support SSM. But yes, the majority of Americans have been all of those things - that includes black Americans, the segment of Americans that are the topic of this thread. And actually, one of the main criticisms of black Americans against SSM is the hypocrisy factor. In fact, many blacks have criticized fellow members of the black population on this very thing.

    That said, what's your point?

  8. #18
    Educator Flippinfunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA (Raised in SW Oklahoma)
    Last Seen
    08-01-12 @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    883

    Re: NAACP backs gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckBerry View Post
    So to sum up...the black majority in the U.S. are bigots, prejudiced, ignorant, arrogant, irrational fools, and if actively participating in anti-SSM, huge hypocrites.

    Hm.

    Well yeah...so? Did you think we pro SSM folks would think different of them just because they're Black?
    Silly poor people
    Tax cuts are for the rich!

  9. #19
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    Re: NAACP backs gay marriage

    Gays and blacks belong to the group identity known as the "left", stop acting so surprised.
    Globalist = Free Trade, Open Borders, Multiculturalist, Anti-White Racist, Hypocrite, Sophist, Deceiver, Manipulator, Warmonger, Vulgar Culture, Morally Depraved......Enemy

    Death to Globalists

  10. #20
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: NAACP backs gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    I don't have an issue with gay marriage. I do have an issue with the timing of this "announcement". How hypocritical can they be? The NAACP ceased being a credible organization a loooooong time ago and this highlights why. The black population, as a whole, does not approve of gay marriage. However, the NAACP decides to contradict the very minority they represent just to support a candidate who is black. This also highlights the fact that they ceased to be an organization that represents values or beliefs and have evolved into just another political mouthpiece.
    The bold is false although it has been true in the past. Moreover, people like Al Sharpton - a leader of at least part of the black "community" - has supported SSM for a while. That said, as I pointed out to another poster, what unites the black population is fundamentally black-specific problems like hate crimes, police brutality, housing discrimination and so on. Therefore, things on the periphery like support or lack of support for gay marriage are really pretty irrelevant when it comes to determining whether a person or institution "represents" black Americans.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •