Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 238

Thread: NAACP backs gay marriage

  1. #151
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: NAACP Backs Same-Sex Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Daktoria View Post
    If you want to post said research, be my guest.

    Until then, I'm going to stick to the categorical relationship between children being heterosexually reproduced, and those children heterosexually reproducing more children into the future.

    Children are entitled to know how to socialize in order to achieve that feat. That means knowing how both men and women think.
    Do you believe children are raised in a bubble that only involves their parents? Not only is this untrue, but it also would mean that you are against allowing single people, for whatever reason, from raising their children alone.

    As for the research, it has been posted on here many times before and I do not have the links for it. Perhaps someone who does can share it or maybe you can find it yourself. You certainly have no research to back up your own position.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #152
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    Re: NAACP backs gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Blacks, Gays And The Church: A Complex Relationship : NPR

    The move is purely political. It's well known that most of the black community is against homosexuality. It's almost ridiculous to even post a link, it's common knowledge. Blacks are generally very religious, and that puts them squarely against gays. There are certainly exceptions, just like whites but whites are more accepting of homosexuality.
    So, what, it couldn't possibly be because the NAACP thinks this is the right thing to do?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #153
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    09-18-12 @ 08:07 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,245

    Re: NAACP Backs Same-Sex Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Do you believe children are raised in a bubble that only involves their parents? Not only is this untrue, but it also would mean that you are against allowing single people, for whatever reason, from raising their children alone.
    Yes, I'm against having children out of wedlock. It's not anyone's right to force children to assume the risk of discovering role models.

    Merely living in a village doesn't mean someone in the village will necessarily care about you, nor is it anyone else's duty who didn't decide to make you.

    As for the research, it has been posted on here many times before and I do not have the links for it. Perhaps someone who does can share it or maybe you can find it yourself. You certainly have no research to back up your own position.
    Do I really need research to show how babies are made?

  4. #154
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: NAACP Backs Same-Sex Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Aren't you interpreting things by this statement as well?
    I'm not the only one saying this stuff. This is backed by thelogians and historians. Anyone can twist a document or publication like the Bible, Constitution, Quran, etc to make it say what they want.
    Finally your argument doesn't hold water because that isn't an interpretation to begin with. It is a fact that slaves where not the slaves we think of today during Biblical times. It's a fact that God condemns interfaith marriage. I'm not interpreting anything. I'm reading what the Bible says.
    It's still all interpretation. It could easily be argued that since that since those "kidnapped" were generally not kidnapped by those slave owners in America, that the passage you posted does not apply to them. Plus, there are plenty of people who also believe in the OT, which does support slavery in multiple places.

    I think you are wrong in your interpretation of homosexuality as it is today and what is being referred to in the Bible. There are many historians and theologians that agree with my interpretation. So you would be just as wrong, in my eyes, as those who are not interpreting the passage you quoted are in your eyes.

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    I know He doesn't condemn me because He says in the Bible I should ask for forgiveness for sins and accept Him as my Lord and Savior. I am a redeemed child of God so I know that He has forgiven me for all of my sins. In addition, the Lord many times uses our sins to teach us a lesson or bring about a greater result. Its like letting your child fall on his face when he's attempting something. You know you could step in, assist him, and keep anything bad from happening but he wouldn't learn if you did.
    Then why would God not just "step in" and keep people from getting remarried or divorced for that matter or being homosexual? It isn't like many of those people don't believe that they are saved despite those things that are seen as possibly immoral.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #155
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    Re: NAACP Backs Same-Sex Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Daktoria View Post
    Yes, I'm against having children out of wedlock. It's not anyone's right to force children to assume the risk of discovering role models.

    Merely living in a village doesn't mean someone in the village will necessarily care about you, nor is it anyone else's duty who didn't decide to make you.



    Do I really need research to show how babies are made?
    No, you need research to show that children of same-sex parents do worse than children of heterosexual parents.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #156
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    09-18-12 @ 08:07 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,245

    Re: NAACP Backs Same-Sex Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    No, you need research to show that children of same-sex parents do worse than children of heterosexual parents.
    No I don't.

    The null hypothesis is people reproduce heterosexually. Homosexuals need to prove the alternative in saying they're just as competent.

  7. #157
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,882
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: NAACP Backs Same-Sex Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Daktoria View Post
    No I don't.

    The null hypothesis is people reproduce heterosexually. Homosexuals need to prove the alternative in saying they're just as competent.
    "Scientific research has been generally consistent in showing that gay and lesbian parents are as fit and capable as heterosexual parents, and their children are as psychologically healthy and well-adjusted as children reared by heterosexual parents.[3][4][5] Major associations of mental health professionals in the U.S., Canada, and Australia have not identified credible empirical research that suggests otherwise.[5][6][7][8][9] Based on the robust nature of the evidence available in the field, Third District Court of Appeal State of Florida was satisfied in 2010 that the issue is so far beyond dispute that it would be irrational to hold otherwise; the best interests of children are not preserved by prohibiting homosexual adoption."

    LGBT parenting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    The citations are at the bottom.
    "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
    -FDR

  8. #158
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: NAACP Backs Same-Sex Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Daktoria View Post
    Yes, I'm against having children out of wedlock. It's not anyone's right to force children to assume the risk of discovering role models.

    Merely living in a village doesn't mean someone in the village will necessarily care about you, nor is it anyone else's duty who didn't decide to make you.
    First of all, it isn't necessary for a child to be born out of wedlock for them to be raised by a single parent.

    Second, there are many people who choose to have roles in a child's life outside of the parents. I have had one of my siblings living with my husband and I almost the entire time I've been raising my children as a mutually beneficial living situation (I have a built in baby sitter so my husband and I can work and do things without the children and they get room and board as they struggle to work in this economy). I was raised with my relatives nearby almost my entire life. Most of my mother's siblings, plus both sets of grandparents, were very involved in mine and my siblings' upbringing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Do I really need research to show how babies are made?
    You seem to need research on not only how babies can be made in this day and age, but also on how they can be raised.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #159
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: NAACP Backs Same-Sex Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Daktoria View Post
    No I don't.

    The null hypothesis is people reproduce heterosexually. Homosexuals need to prove the alternative in saying they're just as competent.
    They already have. Just because you and others don't want to accept that fact, doesn't make it less true.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #160
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: NAACP Backs Same-Sex Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    It's still all interpretation. It could easily be argued that since that since those "kidnapped" were generally not kidnapped by those slave owners in America, that the passage you posted does not apply to them. Plus, there are plenty of people who also believe in the OT, which does support slavery in multiple places.
    How is it interpretation? The Bible either says it or it doesn't. I get the feeling the Bible could say "I, the Lord, do not agree with slavery." and you would doubt it and say "He didn't say what kind". You are looking for reason to doubt therefore you will find it even if it doesn't exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I think you are wrong in your interpretation of homosexuality as it is today and what is being referred to in the Bible. There are many historians and theologians that agree with my interpretation. So you would be just as wrong, in my eyes, as those who are not interpreting the passage you quoted are in your eyes.
    I never said anything about homosexuality in that post.....I said something about interracial/interfaith marriage.
    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Then why would God not just "step in" and keep people from getting remarried or divorced for that matter or being homosexual? It isn't like many of those people don't believe that they are saved despite those things that are seen as possibly immoral.
    Did you not read my post? The example of a child and his parents?
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •