Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 238

Thread: NAACP backs gay marriage

  1. #141
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: NAACP Backs Same-Sex Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    A majority has no hold on right an wrong. In fact a majority has often been wrong. The world wasn't flat. Nor was it the center of the universe. Whites weren't superior race and slavery was wrong. This is a fairness issue, and the NCCAP is properly leading in the right direction. SSM is right, fair, and where leads will lead.
    SSM is a different issue than the world being flat, whites being superior, and slavery. SSM has moral implications ie the Bible states homosexuality is wrong. I agree that it is, however, I also think SSM is a freedom issue. Some don't agree with that. The NAACP isn't a gov't organization. They are an organization who's purpose is to represent a specific minority in our country. They can say what they want, but, my point is that they cease to be a relevant organization when they fail to accurately represent the people they claim to represent.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  2. #142
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: NAACP Backs Same-Sex Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    SSM is a different issue than the world being flat, whites being superior, and slavery. SSM has moral implications ie the Bible states homosexuality is wrong. I agree that it is, however, I also think SSM is a freedom issue. Some don't agree with that. The NAACP isn't a gov't organization. They are an organization who's purpose is to represent a specific minority in our country. They can say what they want, but, my point is that they cease to be a relevant organization when they fail to accurately represent the people they claim to represent.
    They are representing the people they claim to, just not the majority (atm). They are representing the side they consider to be right and to deserve their support.

    Oh, and since the Bible supported slavery and people could find passages they felt were against interracial marriage, both slavery and interracial marriage could easily be viewed as having "moral implications" per the Bible as well.
    Last edited by roguenuke; 05-28-12 at 10:08 AM.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    09-18-12 @ 08:07 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,245

    Re: NAACP Backs Same-Sex Marriage

    I don't understand how reverse racists can endorse same sex marriage.

    They should be taking ethnic pride in who they are. Jeopardizing dimorphic expertise only makes this harder by disintegrating the family unit.

    Maybe it's a side-effect of living in the ghetto so long and the babymama epidemic. Do whatever it takes to bring down the straight white man.

  4. #144
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: NAACP Backs Same-Sex Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Daktoria View Post
    I don't understand how reverse racists can endorse same sex marriage.

    They should be taking ethnic pride in who they are. Jeopardizing dimorphic expertise only makes this harder by disintegrating the family unit.

    Maybe it's a side-effect of living in the ghetto so long and the babymama epidemic. Do whatever it takes to bring down the straight white man.
    Do you somehow think that legal same sex marriage is really going to "bring down the straight white man"? More people are not going to just become gay and want to marry same sex partners just because they can. To believe that legal same sex marriage will somehow affect the straight white man at all is ignorant and devoid of logical thought.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #145
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: NAACP Backs Same-Sex Marriage

    [QUOTE=roguenuke;1060539189]They are representing the people they claim to, just not the majority (atm). They are representing the side they consider to be right and to deserve their support.
    I know that's what they're doing. I'm just saying it makes them less relevant by doing it IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Oh, and since the Bible supported slavery and people could find passages they felt were against interracial marriage, both slavery and interracial marriage could easily be viewed as having "moral implications" per the Bible as well.
    How does the Bible support slavery? I think you are mistakingly assuming that people that are called servants in the New Testament are slaves. That's not the case. Sure, some of them were probably treated harshly but they weren't the same as the slaves we think of in early American history. In addition, slavery in some cases was used to pay off debt during Biblical times. Evidence of the Bible and in turn, God being against slavery as we think of it is as follows:
    Exodus 21:16 Anyone who kidnaps another and either sells him or still has him when he is caught must be put to death”

    1Timothy 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
    1Timothy 1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

    Interracial marriage is not in the Bible. InterFAITH marriage is. God does say in the Bible that a marriage where the man or woman is born again and the other is not will cause problems. However, I am living proof that He will not condemn someone for that. My wife was not born again when we were married and I was (though I was back slidden). We are still together 10 years later. She is now a born again Christian.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    09-18-12 @ 08:07 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,245

    Re: NAACP Backs Same-Sex Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Do you somehow think that legal same sex marriage is really going to "bring down the straight white man"? More people are not going to just become gay and want to marry same sex partners just because they can. To believe that legal same sex marriage will somehow affect the straight white man at all is ignorant and devoid of logical thought.
    I think children are entitled to dimorphic expertise, and that exposing children to the risk of not having it has repercussions.

    When people fear children becoming "gay", they're not talking about homosexuality.

  7. #147
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: NAACP Backs Same-Sex Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Daktoria View Post
    I think children are entitled to dimorphic expertise, and that exposing children to the risk of not having it has repercussions.

    When people fear children becoming "gay", they're not talking about homosexuality.
    And your beliefs are not supported by research. It doesn't matter how much you don't want children to be raised by homosexuals, it is already legal in many places and likely will become legal in more in the near future.

    You cannot show that there are any "repercussions" to same sex couples raising children, particularly negative repercussions. So you have nothing to legally back up denying same sex couples the right to marriage or even adopting/raising children.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #148
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: NAACP Backs Same-Sex Marriage

    [QUOTE=MarineTpartier;1060539260]
    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    They are representing the people they claim to, just not the majority (atm). They are representing the side they consider to be right and to deserve their support.
    I know that's what they're doing. I'm just saying it makes them less relevant by doing it IMO.

    How does the Bible support slavery? I think you are mistakingly assuming that people that are called servants in the New Testament are slaves. That's not the case. Sure, some of them were probably treated harshly but they weren't the same as the slaves we think of in early American history. In addition, slavery in some cases was used to pay off debt during Biblical times. Evidence of the Bible and in turn, God being against slavery as we think of it is as follows:
    Exodus 21:16 Anyone who kidnaps another and either sells him or still has him when he is caught must be put to death”

    1Timothy 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
    1Timothy 1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

    Interracial marriage is not in the Bible. InterFAITH marriage is. God does say in the Bible that a marriage where the man or woman is born again and the other is not will cause problems. However, I am living proof that He will not condemn someone for that. My wife was not born again when we were married and I was (though I was back slidden). We are still together 10 years later. She is now a born again Christian.
    You seem to be viewing this by just how you interpret the Bible. That is the flaw in your argument. You interpret the Bible to read certain things that support you morally being against homosexuality, but also not against interracial marriage and morally opposed to slavery. Others do not interpret the Bible the same way as you. And you have no right to say that legally their interpretation of the Bible should not hold the same sway on their moral beliefs as yours do on your own morals. They believe/believed that their interpretation was right, just as you believe your own is right. That doesn't change their moral stance on those issue.

    Plus, you have no way to know if God would really condemn you or not for being married to your wife if it He considers it immoral because that would likely be a judgment made in the afterlife, not here on Earth.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    09-18-12 @ 08:07 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,245

    Re: NAACP Backs Same-Sex Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    And your beliefs are not supported by research. It doesn't matter how much you don't want children to be raised by homosexuals, it is already legal in many places and likely will become legal in more in the near future.

    You cannot show that there are any "repercussions" to same sex couples raising children, particularly negative repercussions. So you have nothing to legally back up denying same sex couples the right to marriage or even adopting/raising children.
    If you want to post said research, be my guest.

    Until then, I'm going to stick to the categorical relationship between children being heterosexually reproduced, and those children heterosexually reproducing more children into the future.

    Children are entitled to know how to socialize in order to achieve that feat. That means knowing how both men and women think.

  10. #150
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: NAACP Backs Same-Sex Marriage

    [QUOTE=roguenuke;1060539311]
    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post

    You seem to be viewing this by just how you interpret the Bible. That is the flaw in your argument. You interpret the Bible to read certain things that support you morally being against homosexuality, but also not against interracial marriage and morally opposed to slavery. Others do not interpret the Bible the same way as you. And you have no right to say that legally their interpretation of the Bible should not hold the same sway on their moral beliefs as yours do on your own morals. They believe/believed that their interpretation was right, just as you believe your own is right. That doesn't change their moral stance on those issue.
    Aren't you interpreting things by this statement as well?
    I'm not the only one saying this stuff. This is backed by thelogians and historians. Anyone can twist a document or publication like the Bible, Constitution, Quran, etc to make it say what they want.
    Finally your argument doesn't hold water because that isn't an interpretation to begin with. It is a fact that slaves where not the slaves we think of today during Biblical times. It's a fact that God condemns interfaith marriage. I'm not interpreting anything. I'm reading what the Bible says.
    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Plus, you have no way to know if God would really condemn you or not for being married to your wife if it He considers it immoral because that would likely be a judgment made in the afterlife, not here on Earth.
    I know He doesn't condemn me because He says in the Bible I should ask for forgiveness for sins and accept Him as my Lord and Savior. I am a redeemed child of God so I know that He has forgiven me for all of my sins. In addition, the Lord many times uses our sins to teach us a lesson or bring about a greater result. Its like letting your child fall on his face when he's attempting something. You know you could step in, assist him, and keep anything bad from happening but he wouldn't learn if you did.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •