Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Gov. Scott Walker Has A Billionaire Problem, And Not The Koch Brothers For Once

  1. #1
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Gov. Scott Walker Has A Billionaire Problem, And Not The Koch Brothers For Once

    Filmmaker Brad Lichtenstein that shows Walker telling a supporter that he’d be employing a “divide and conquer” strategy against unions. Walker is, of course, fighting for his seat precisely because of his now infamous bill stripping public sector unions of collective bargaining rights. Not long after this video was shot, he claimed otherwise in a Madison, Wisc. speech, and has ever since.

    Worse than being caught in a lie, perhaps, is that Walker has been shown, once again, getting buddy-buddy with a billionaire. That supporter in the film just happens to be Forbes 400 rich list member Diane Hendricks of ABC Supply, who later donated $500,000 to Walker’s campaign — the biggest check in the state’s history for a governor’s race.
    Jeez, for months I have been calling this race for Walker. Now I am not so sure. He has claimed all along that it was never about busting the unions. Turns out the he has been lying all along. The fight for the Governor's mansion in Wisconsin has turned out to be a case of some very wealthy people buying influence in Wisconsin's government. Walker has just been caught with his pants down.

    I am still not calling this as a loss for Walker, but I am not going to call it a win for him either, as I have been calling it up until now. This election could go either way. The bomb dropped by filmmaker Brad Lichtenstein is going to hurt Walker in a huge way, but will it be enough to unseat him? Stay tuned. Walker's recall election is only 3 weeks away now.

    Article is here.
    Last edited by danarhea; 05-13-12 at 09:58 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #2
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker Has A Billionaire Problem, And Not The Koch Brothers For Once

    Union busting at every level - private and public - has been the primary thrust behind Republican/Tea Party dominance in the 2010 elections. The crazy thing is I'm not sure if it's about bringing about pure capitalism or hiring freedoms to bring about more jobs.

    Regardless, it's very evident that the political strategy Republicans are using isn't helping; it's hurting the nation's economy only too many people are too blind to see it.

  3. #3
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,791

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker Has A Billionaire Problem, And Not The Koch Brothers For Once

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Union busting at every level - private and public - has been the primary thrust behind Republican/Tea Party dominance in the 2010 elections. The crazy thing is I'm not sure if it's about bringing about pure capitalism or hiring freedoms to bring about more jobs.

    Regardless, it's very evident that the political strategy Republicans are using isn't helping; it's hurting the nation's economy only too many people are too blind to see it.
    I would argue that there is a vast difference between the public sector and private sector unions and its public sector unions that governors in every state are concerned about. I suggest you look at some of the moves Quinn (D) has made in Illinois if you dont believe me. Public sector unions are completely out of control and the costs are coming to roost, it has to change. Not optional.

  4. #4
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker Has A Billionaire Problem, And Not The Koch Brothers For Once

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    I would argue that there is a vast difference between the public sector and private sector unions and its public sector unions that governors in every state are concerned about. I suggest you look at some of the moves Quinn (D) has made in Illinois if you dont believe me. Public sector unions are completely out of control and the costs are coming to roost, it has to change. Not optional.
    Whatever arguments can be made for or against public sector unions do not mitigate the fact that Walker put his government up for sale to the highest bidder, and got caught telling someone his real motive, which is not what he was saying in public. Don't take my word for it. Walker already accidentally let the cat out of the bag, in his OWN words.
    Last edited by danarhea; 05-14-12 at 02:12 AM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  5. #5
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker Has A Billionaire Problem, And Not The Koch Brothers For Once

    Well Walker is going to get hell from the people of Wisconsin about this. It just adds fuel to the fire and this fire is not burning in Walker's favor.

    I hope that this man is out of his elected position very soon.


  6. #6
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,866
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker Has A Billionaire Problem, And Not The Koch Brothers For Once

    I'm starting to think about discounting a lot of what Forbes says in regards to Walker and Wisconsin. They certainly seem to be biased in this case.

    Anyways the film is misleading. It first presents you with a few families that work in private unions and then presents you with a clip of what Walker said. That clip doesn't elaborate on what was said afterwards in order to give full context. It just stops there. You have a democrat insinuateing that they (Walker and other republicans in Wisconsin no doubt) want to abolish minimum wage. Not long after that they again go back to the one of the private union workers complaining how they lost their job and has no way to pay for her sons accident.

    *sigh* I am so tired of this. I will present a challenge right here and now.

    Prove to me that Walker is out to bust PRIVATE unions. Show me one policy that Walker has made/signed that has negatively affected ONE private union.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #7
    Guru
    Republic Now!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    09-12-14 @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker Has A Billionaire Problem, And Not The Koch Brothers For Once

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    I'm starting to think about discounting a lot of what Forbes says in regards to Walker and Wisconsin. They certainly seem to be biased in this case.

    Anyways the film is misleading. It first presents you with a few families that work in private unions and then presents you with a clip of what Walker said. That clip doesn't elaborate on what was said afterwards in order to give full context. It just stops there. You have a democrat insinuateing that they (Walker and other republicans in Wisconsin no doubt) want to abolish minimum wage. Not long after that they again go back to the one of the private union workers complaining how they lost their job and has no way to pay for her sons accident.

    *sigh* I am so tired of this. I will present a challenge right here and now.

    Prove to me that Walker is out to bust PRIVATE unions. Show me one policy that Walker has made/signed that has negatively affected ONE private union.
    Somewhat off topic, but I was always told Forbes was a right-leaning publican. Is that inaccurate?

    As per the topic, why would a billionaire care so much about union busting? Sounds to me like she was a wealthy individual who liked what Walker stood for and donated money because of it. Even with her roofing business I truly doubt as a billionaire she loses much sleep over unions and would pay off a politician to fix them.
    One who makes himself a worm cannot complain when tread upon.

  8. #8
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,866
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker Has A Billionaire Problem, And Not The Koch Brothers For Once

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic Now! View Post
    Somewhat off topic, but I was always told Forbes was a right-leaning publican. Is that inaccurate?
    No idea. I do know that the last few articles that I have read regarding Walker has been biased. They might lean republican normally but for some odd reason they seem to have it out for Walker.

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic Now! View Post
    As per the topic, why would a billionaire care so much about union busting? Sounds to me like she was a wealthy individual who liked what Walker stood for and donated money because of it. Even with her roofing business I truly doubt as a billionaire she loses much sleep over unions and would pay off a politician to fix them.
    Private unions are a bane to big buisnesses as private unions don't let them do whatever the hell they please. Which is why i have no problem with private unions themselves. Though I may not like some of the things they do I whole heartedly believe that they are necessary.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #9
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Gov. Scott Walker Has A Billionaire Problem, And Not The Koch Brothers For Once

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Jeez, for months I have been calling this race for Walker. Now I am not so sure. He has claimed all along that it was never about busting the unions. Turns out the he has been lying all along. The fight for the Governor's mansion in Wisconsin has turned out to be a case of some very wealthy people buying influence in Wisconsin's government. Walker has just been caught with his pants down.

    I am still not calling this as a loss for Walker, but I am not going to call it a win for him either, as I have been calling it up until now. This election could go either way. The bomb dropped by filmmaker Brad Lichtenstein is going to hurt Walker in a huge way, but will it be enough to unseat him? Stay tuned. Walker's recall election is only 3 weeks away now.

    Article is here.
    Dan this isnt a new revelation, I read long ago that Scott Walker was bought and paid for and had an agenda given to him written in stone.
    To me proof that he does what hes told, is when he signed that legislation against women last week....no one in thier right mind and no one that is some one elses lackey would have signed that vote right before HIS OWN recall election.
    I doubt scott walker will be defeated this time...but he should be, I find him one of the most phony politicians out there even more so that Christie.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •