Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 109

Thread: Malaysia Tribunal finds Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld guilty of war crimes

  1. #11
    Conservative Independent
    DarkWizard12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyler TX
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,555

    Re: Malaysia Tribunal finds Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld guilty of war crimes

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Sounds like a circle jerk to me.
    they couldn't afford strippers that day

  2. #12
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: Malaysia Tribunal finds Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld guilty of war crimes



    It's relevant (as a story) if... and only if... they...

    Oh, who am I kidding? It's not relevant. At All.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  3. #13
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,459

    Re: Malaysia Tribunal finds Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld guilty of war crimes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    they should come and try to arrest Bush. we could then cause that country to cease to exist which would be the proper response.. Maybe the sore loser lefties can go to arrest Bush too, We will laugh when the Secret Service cuts these wanna be world court enforcers down like the scum they are
    Attacking and destroying an entire nation and killing off mass populations because of their court's verdict, isn't the right response. In fact, I'd say that that would defiantly makes the USA a dangerous country and no better than North Korea or Iran.

  4. #14
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,571

    Re: Malaysia Tribunal finds Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld guilty of war crimes

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Attacking and destroying an entire nation and killing off mass populations because of their court's verdict, isn't the right response. In fact, I'd say that that would defiantly makes the USA a dangerous country and no better than North Korea or Iran.
    neither will happen

    in reality, if they seized Bush I would settle for a special forces kill team exterminating those who grabbed him and those who helped it to happen

  5. #15
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: Malaysia Tribunal finds Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld guilty of war crimes

    The prosecution of Bush sets a useful precedent for the prosecution of Barack Obama for war crimes involving the murder of innocent civilians through his drone war. Thousands of innocent civilians have died at President Obama's direction in Pakistan, Yemen and Somalia. President Obama should be tried at the Hague.

  6. #16
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,571

    Re: Malaysia Tribunal finds Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld guilty of war crimes

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    The prosecution of Bush sets a useful precedent for the prosecution of Barack Obama for war crimes involving the murder of innocent civilians through his drone war. Thousands of innocent civilians have died at President Obama's direction in Pakistan, Yemen and Somalia. President Obama should be tried at the Hague.
    nope, I'd be in favor killing anyone from any country who tried to grab Obama as well

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SE Asia
    Last Seen
    07-12-14 @ 10:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    2,333

    Re: Malaysia Tribunal finds Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld guilty of war crimes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    nope, I'd be in favor killing anyone from any country who tried to grab Obama as well
    Who is talking about grabbing anyone? There are only a couple countries in the world that would enter the borders of another sovereign nation to retrieve a wanted criminal. I doubt Malaysia is one of them. The only chance a former US President has of being arrested is if he is arrested by a foreign nation while he is visiting that foreign nation. And I doubt even Bush would be dumb enough to travel to a country where he is a wanted criminal. And if he was stupid enough to do it anyway, I doubt there would be any sort of invasion to get him back and the few Secret Service agents that travel with former Presidents wouldn’t be able to do anything to stop it.

    It is fun to think about, but it won’t happen. We’re the bully on the block and there is nothing little countries like Malaysia can do about it, even when they are in the right.

  8. #18
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: Malaysia Tribunal finds Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld guilty of war crimes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    sounds like a scumbag to me
    I would not call him Mr. Happy.

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Sounds like a circle jerk to me.
    You give this them too much credence.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Malaysia Tribunal finds Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld guilty of war crimes

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    The prosecution of Bush sets a useful precedent for the prosecution of Barack Obama for war crimes involving the murder of innocent civilians through his drone war. Thousands of innocent civilians have died at President Obama's direction in Pakistan, Yemen and Somalia. President Obama should be tried at the Hague.
    In general, this thread, and the court that made this 'decision' are all irrelevant to the real world.

    But you do make a funny point. See, if those that screamed about Bush being a war criminal said the same about Obama for what he did, they might not get laughed at as soon as they open their mouths. Oh, the laughing would come, just not as quick.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  10. #20
    Professor
    Leo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,674

    Re: Malaysia Tribunal finds Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld guilty of war crimes

    Sarcogito is correct. There is neither the stated intention, nor the ability, to enter sovereign US territory, and take those mentioned to Geneva to face the ICC. The point that it is necessary to draw the world's attention to the war crimes which are alleged to have been committed, not only by those people, but also by people such as ex-Prime Ministers Blair and Howard, is a valid one, assuming evidence thereof is in existence.

    The invasion of Iraq, and the fact that it was not conducted by legal force of an UN Security Council Resolution, are indisputable facts, for which a veritable mountain of evidence exists, and the justification given by the Bush administration (that of WMD stockpiles) has proven to be baseless.

    Ex-President George Bush has stated that he authorised water-boarding (regarded internationally as torture), and both detention without trial, and extraordinary rendition, (for which evidence exists) are internationally regarded as crimes. Tens of thousands of Iraqi civilians have died as a result of the invasion, so deeds which may be regarded as crimes against humanity have certainly been committed. It is proper that exactly who was responsible for these crimes be established, even if the power of the US can prevent any punishment being externally imposed.

    As a Brit, I am more than happy for ex-Prime Minister Tony Blair to hauled off to the ICC, to answer for his role in what was done. What puzzles me is the crudely aggressive responses of posters here, against the proposition that something similar be the case with suspected American perpetrators. Why is this so? Are not Americans concerned about their reputation as a just people?
    I hate the idea of causes, and if I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country. E.M. Forster

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •