Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 335

Thread: Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate

  1. #81
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Actually some supporters here were trying to say Nugie is a guitar hero. Yes he has 40 years of playing under his belt, but so do many other mediocre bands. That his venue is now casinos like Regis Philbin isn't saying a whole lot.
    Just a sec...as a guitarist, I respect all guitarist. Black, white or brown and from all political tendencies.

    An outstanding performance by argentinian rock band Soda Stereo

    Gustavo Cerati...a brilliant guitarist





    I am a firm 2nd A supporter but Nugie is a moron, he comes up in a few tactical websites so he has been discussed.
    Eccentric, yeah... but not a moron


    Nugie has always been a bit self centered and not capable of taking any criticism. I used to go to a forum he had, he lies and is quick to ban anyone who doesn't worship at his feet.
    Thats your opinion and we should hear Ted's side on this *sour grape* gossip

    But hey he is a legend, if no place else but his own mind...
    40 plus years in the music business is a tough, tough act to follow

  2. #82
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate

    The live music industry has changed. Back in the 70s and early 80s large stadium and arena shows were far more common than they are today. Maybe because tickets were cheaper, maybe a general popularity difference, maybe the lack of video, maybe a a combo of all of those. People had money and were willing to go to a show for bands they didn't even like all that much just because. Shoot, I once went to an Iron Maiden concert back in 1985 just because I wanted to go to a show and I didn't even like Iron Maiden all that much. They were just the next "name" band coming around. Today, I would be much more selective. I see more selectivity than I used to have in my kids as well. Whatever it was, it was a different atmosphere.

    Today, of the bands that can still fill venues that large are much fewer... Rolling Stones, KISS, someone mentioned Rush, AC/DC, Metallica, and so on. Many other bands are indeed playing smaller venues. From what I have read, these shows actually pay the bands pretty well. Surprisingly well. Shoot, I saw ZZ Top was doing a county fair a year or so ago. Billy Gibbons was and is a fantastic guitarist who was touted by Jimi Hendrix and being the next big guitarist at one point, and plays with people like Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page, so current ticket sales is a ridiculous and petty measurement of ability.

    So, sure relative popularity plays a part in where a band or musician plays their shows, but that is not a badge of dishonor nor is it a measure of their ability or respect within their own industry. It's more a sign of the times and a sign of economic changes that have taken place within the industry itself.
    Last edited by radcen; 05-05-12 at 01:48 AM.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  3. #83
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    you can keep listing as many as you'd like.. i'll still think you are being extraordinarily hackish.
    So because I think Nugent is a miserable disgusting excuse for a human being and that he was a mediocre, third rate musician in a fourth rate band, I'm Hackish? I think your admiration for this clown has much more to do with your political similarities to him.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  4. #84
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    god, you people sound like 13 year old girls.....
    Hey, you're the one creaming your shorts over this has been, not us.
    Last edited by Wiggen; 05-05-12 at 02:30 AM.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  5. #85
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    i'm not fooling anyone.. it's obvious to everyone here i'm a fan of his music (and his gun politics).. it's also obvious to everyone i'm not a petty political hack..

    well, that's not true.. it isn't obvious to everyone..only the reasonable, intelligent people.


    tell me more stories about how his politics makes his music bad and how much his 4 decade career sucks... i'd like a good bedtime fantasy
    OK. HIs politics suck and so does his '4 decade career'. You like him because he's about as far to the right as you are. And no, his politics doesn't make his music bad. His music has always been bad.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  6. #86
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    So because I think Nugent is a miserable disgusting excuse for a human being and that he was a mediocre, third rate musician in a fourth rate band, I'm Hackish? I think your admiration for this clown has much more to do with your political similarities to him.
    as i've already stated, we share similar views on gun policy... and that's about it.
    i'm a fan of his music... not his politics.... he's a typical Republican to me.. he's quite a few notches to the right of me on everything but guns ( despite your claims, every single political spectrum test i've ever taken has put me right smack in the middle of the left right spectrum... but solidly libertarian)

    and yes, you are being hackish.... one thing that has been made crystal clear in every one of your posts is that anything right wing is bad , horrible, or evil.... that's the reputation you have built for yourself here.

  7. #87
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    OK. HIs politics suck and so does his '4 decade career'. You like him because he's about as far to the right as you are. And no, his politics doesn't make his music bad. His music has always been bad.
    i'm not far right... or even near right....'cept on guns.

    it just seems that way to you because that's what you want to believe.

  8. #88
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Hey, you're the one creaming your shorts over this has been, not us.
    it's no secret that i'm a fan of his music....but i'm not sitting here saying stupid **** like " well, my band is better than your band... mine rocks, yours sucks".. that's the crap my daughters would say to each other when they were little.

  9. #89
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,505

    Re: Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

    Interview and read more @: Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate - CBS News

    This guy is such a ****ing tool. I dont think he knows the meaning of "moderate", doing charity is not conservative, liberal, or moderate.... Charity does not have a political stance. This guy is a ****ing tool

    Thoughts?
    Comments?
    Response?
    [/LEFT]
    He is far from moderate. I thought he liked calling himself Conservative, perhaps he is moderate by TP standards. I can't believe the Romney's are praising his statements as free speech. We also see the hacks say it's free speech if comment made toward Obama, but they condemn such remarks made towards a Conservative. It's so stupid.

  10. #90
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,505

    Re: Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    The frightening thing is that, compared to some of the people on here, he might actually be a moderate in their eyes.
    He is a RINO

Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •