Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 335

Thread: Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate

  1. #31
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    after the concert i worked for him, we were sitting in the back room shootin' the breeze... in that particular encounter, is was a good dude, not an asshole whatsoever.... but I can only speak for that one particular encounter..and a few others at gun shows where he was present and being a nice guy.
    it's possible he is an asshat of the highest order, but I haven't seen that side of him
    That's good to know, though to be honest your positive account is one of the few that I have heard. But, like I said, all my info is hearsay, not first-hand.

    I find the guy to be absolutely fascinating... from a distance. I think precisely because he is not afraid to be his own person, and whether I agree with him on everything or not, that is so refreshing in its own way.

    Part of him being his own person is being willing to be openly anti-drug in an industry and era (1960s & 1970s, etc) when doing drugs was the 'cool' thing to do.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #32
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    That's good to know, though to be honest your positive account is one of the few that I have heard. But, like I said, all my info is hearsay, not first-hand.

    I find the guy to be absolutely fascinating... from a distance. I think precisely because he is not afraid to be his own person, and whether I agree with him on everything or not, that is so refreshing in its own way.

    Part of him being his own person is being willing to be openly anti-drug in an industry and era (1960s & 1970s, etc) when doing drugs was the 'cool' thing to do.
    i agree with this.... me and ted see eye to eye on guns, but that's about it when it comes to politics.
    but I do find him entertaining... in a world of politically correct doublespeak , it's refreshing, from time to time, to see someone who is blunt , rude, and classless...even if he does go overboard ( which he most certainly does) .... I would have a problem with such behavior if he was camping out in front of kids or whatever, but in adult settings, I don't have a problem with him showing his colors and yammering on.
    he's a character, that's for sure.
    I don't doubt he could be an asshat... it's obvious he has that capacity.

  3. #33
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,923

    Re: Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

    Interview and read more @: Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate - CBS News

    This guy is such a ****ing tool. I dont think he knows the meaning of "moderate", doing charity is not conservative, liberal, or moderate.... Charity does not have a political stance. This guy is a ****ing tool

    Thoughts?
    Comments?
    Response?
    [/LEFT]
    Ah poor Ted Nugent , once he found he couldn't sing anymore he tried politics after all all you have to have is a big mouth add some crap and you're back in the spotlight. lol
    Unfortunately you should learn from others like Palin in the spotlight one minute out the next labeled "quitter by the people of her own state.
    A MESSAGE FOR YA TED TRASH TALK ALL YOU WANT , YOU ARE STILL A LOSER AND BY 2015 PEOPLE WILL BE SAYING TED WHO?
    JUST LIKE THEY ARE SAYING PALIN WHO? NOW.
    Last edited by presluc; 05-04-12 at 05:33 PM.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  4. #34
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,923

    Re: Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    politically speaking, he is rather moderate overall... not on guns.. and not in his rhetoric, but in his overall political positions .
    Moderate? Ted Nugent?
    If he leaned anymore to the right he'd fall over.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  5. #35
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,923

    Re: Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    A living, breathing, example of rock and roll mediocrity. He's a neanderthal and his personal history is appalling.
    NOOO,, I DON'T THINK SO.

    Don't put this on ROCK & ROLL MUSIC, it's not the music it's the person.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  6. #36
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    even his political enemies should be able to see his musical talents.. even if his music isn't in their genre preference.

    that some cannot see that is not an indictment against Ted, but a testament to their own character flaws.

    for instance, Zack de la Rocha and tom Morello... I disagree with many aspect of their politics... but as musicians, I enjoy their music and i'm thankful they share that talent with us all
    Dude, Zack de la Rocha makes me sick. The whole reason I don't listen to Rage. Shame too, because I think Morello is the most creative guitar player of our generation.

    Same phenomenon for me with the Red Hot Chili Peppers -- Frusciante is ****ing amazing, but I could live without Anthony Kiedis and Flea. Now that Frusciante's gone, I'm hard pressed to think of any reason why they're still relevant.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #37
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Same phenomenon for me with the Red Hot Chili Peppers -- Frusciante is ****ing amazing, but I could live without Anthony Kiedis and Flea. Now that Frusciante's gone, I'm hard pressed to think of any reason why they're still relevant.
    They are??????
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  8. #38
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Dude, Zack de la Rocha makes me sick. The whole reason I don't listen to Rage. Shame too, because I think Morello is the most creative guitar player of our generation.

    Same phenomenon for me with the Red Hot Chili Peppers -- Frusciante is ****ing amazing, but I could live without Anthony Kiedis and Flea. Now that Frusciante's gone, I'm hard pressed to think of any reason why they're still relevant.
    I like Zacks edgy, angry sound <shrugs>.. and yeah Morello is a genius with his guitar.... I use RATM as my workout music... angry and in your face works.

    im a so-so fan of RHCP... they have good and bad ... but it's pretty much the Keidis and Flea show now. ( flea is pretty hot on that bass, and i think Kiedis's vocals are still unique)

  9. #39
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Dude, Zack de la Rocha makes me sick. The whole reason I don't listen to Rage. Shame too, because I think Morello is the most creative guitar player of our generation.

    Same phenomenon for me with the Red Hot Chili Peppers -- Frusciante is ****ing amazing, but I could live without Anthony Kiedis and Flea. Now that Frusciante's gone, I'm hard pressed to think of any reason why they're still relevant.
    I like the first RATM album and parts of Evil Empire, that said the whole band makes me want to puke and I consider Morello to be way overrated as a guitarist, overall though the initial sound of Rage was pretty cool. My big problem with the Peppers is that they seem to be mailing it in now, their albums don't have a whole lot of divergence but they are talented musicians.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #40
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    NOOO,, I DON'T THINK SO.

    Don't put this on ROCK & ROLL MUSIC, it's not the music it's the person.
    Even 45 years ago, when Nugent was 'relevant', he was irrelevant. The fact that he's also an asshole is just icing on the cake. Third rate band, third rate guitar player. Mentioning him in the same breath as Clapton or Hendrix or Page or Jeff Beck or hell, even Pete Townsend, is a joke.

    I don't put it on Rock and Roll Music. I put it on his piss poor version of rock and roll music.
    Last edited by Wiggen; 05-04-12 at 06:03 PM.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •