Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 335

Thread: Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate

  1. #281
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Ted Nugent has 'millions of fans'? Really? On what planet? He's an no-talent has been who really never was.
    yes, millions.. here on earth.

  2. #282
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Hard to believe for a band with 'millions' of fans. I guess those other bands must have had billions of fans.
    they have millions too.... some have billions of fans though.. the only who have fans worldwide like Micheal Jackson or Madonna

  3. #283
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    I see... so Haymarket and Top Cats' opinion of Ted Nugents talent somehow trump the millions of fans he has had and still has.....
    they are all wrong, and you guys are right.... gotcha.
    Millions of people like (or liked) Brittany Spears and Justin Bieber. Doesn't mean they have talent. The problem here is that there's no empirical measure of talent. Personally I think the guy's a pretty good guitarist who plays ****ty music. You obviously think otherwise. Neither of us is right in any objective way, and neither are his fans. What can be objectively determined is that Ted Nugent has had a substantially smaller presence in rock and roll history than have numerous other individuals. He is, at best, a middle of the road talent in terms of fame, success and influence.

  4. #284
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate

    This just in - everybody who listens to music, watches a movie, reads a book -you name it - is an arbiter of talent. You've decreed that Asshat Nugent has talent - bingo, that makes you an arbiter. I've stated that he's a no talent washed up fourth rate musician from 40 years ago. That makes me an arbiter of talent.

    What is your point?
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  5. #285
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    yes, millions.. here on earth.
    Then he must sell millions of cd's or must get downloaded millions of times or must be worth millions and millions of dollars. Instead no, he's just a hack playing third rate venues and getting laughed at.

    Millions of fans?
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  6. #286
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    Millions of people like (or liked) Brittany Spears and Justin Bieber. Doesn't mean they have talent. The problem here is that there's no empirical measure of talent. Personally I think the guy's a pretty good guitarist who plays ****ty music. You obviously think otherwise. Neither of us is right in any objective way, and neither are his fans. What can be objectively determined is that Ted Nugent has had a substantially smaller presence in rock and roll history than have numerous other individuals. He is, at best, a middle of the road talent in terms of fame, success and influence.
    well, we certainly can't argue taste... but I think talent is arguable.... it's simply a measurement of proficiency.

    and yes, there are much bigger stars in rock and roll... much better too.....I don"t think anyone is arguing Ted is the greatest ever, I know i'm not.


    and yes, Spears and Bieber are talented too... i don't like either one of their musics... but I can't deny their talent.

  7. #287
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Then he must sell millions of cd's or must get downloaded millions of times or must be worth millions and millions of dollars. Instead no, he's just a hack playing third rate venues and getting laughed at.

    Millions of fans?

    over 35 million in record sales alone... and who knows how many millions of ticket sales... and yes, he's worth millions and millions.

    are you arguing that all of his 6000 concerts have taken place in 3rd rate venues?.. really?

    you are talking out of your ass.

  8. #288
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    This just in - everybody who listens to music, watches a movie, reads a book -you name it - is an arbiter of talent. You've decreed that Asshat Nugent has talent - bingo, that makes you an arbiter. I've stated that he's a no talent washed up fourth rate musician from 40 years ago. That makes me an arbiter of talent.

    What is your point?

    taste =/= talent

  9. #289
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    well, we certainly can't argue taste... but I think talent is arguable.... it's simply a measurement of proficiency.
    That's one way of looking at it, but measuring proficiency is highly subjective. That would be different if we were discussing talent in something measurable (e.g. running a marathon, throwing a football, etc). Musical talent is a tad more ephemeral.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    and yes, there are much bigger stars in rock and roll... much better too.....I don"t think anyone is arguing Ted is the greatest ever, I know i'm not.
    A few pages ago, someone else in this thread tried to argue that he was a legend in the rock community, which strikes me as somewhat ridiculous.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    and yes, Spears and Bieber are talented too... i don't like either one of their musics... but I can't deny their talent.
    I can deny their talent. Obviously it depends what you're talking about. They're both competent singers (for instance), and they clearly have the ability to connect with their target audience, but it's not remotely clear to me what, if any, creative ability they have. It's also not at all clear to me how much they're a product of significant tampering by agents, producers, choreographers, sound technicians, etc, etc. However, that's really not the point I was making. The point I was making is that number of fans isn't necessarily a good litmus test for talent. For instance, I think that Leonard Cohen is a much more talented songwriter than, say, Prince, but quite a lot of people have no idea who Leonard Cohen is, and he's certainly sold far fewer albums than Prince has.

  10. #290
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    over 35 million in record sales alone... and who knows how many millions of ticket sales... and yes, he's worth millions and millions.

    are you arguing that all of his 6000 concerts have taken place in 3rd rate venues?.. really?

    you are talking out of your ass.
    So he still trails the Dixie Chicks in the total number of albums sold? Go figure.

    It still cracks me up that you put this piece of dirt in the same category musically as Clapton, Hendrix, the Beatles, the Who, Mark Knopfler, Led Zeppelin, Eagles - artists who people actually give a damn about.

    Tell me again what a 'legend' he is.
    Last edited by Wiggen; 05-07-12 at 10:06 PM.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •