Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 52

Thread: NC Anti-Gay Marriage Amendment 1 Reportedly Written To Protect 'Caucasian Race"

  1. #31
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,695

    Re: NC Anti-Gay Marriage Amendment 1 Reportedly Written To Protect 'Caucasian Race"

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    She denies saying it and all Huffpo says is that some poll worker was told by her that "The reason my husband wrote Amendment 1 was because the Caucasian race is diminishing and we need to uh, reproduce."

    I really don't believe that this is credible. The OP is saying that she is inbred while the article is making most likely untrue claims. If anything it makes the OP a hypocrite if he claims to be against discriminating against gays and then goes on to say that a Southern woman is a breeding inbred.
    Did another article catch the Senator's wife in question saying something different than what is relayed here:

    "I'm afraid they have made it a racial issue when it is not," Brunstetter said of the poll workers. Pressed on whether she had used the word "Caucasian," she said, "I probably said the word," but that she hadn't used it in a race-related manner.
    Edit: Excuse me-Senator's wife.
    Last edited by Fiddytree; 05-03-12 at 05:35 PM.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  2. #32
    Educator

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,115

    Re: NC Anti-Gay Marriage Amendment 1 Reportedly Written To Protect 'Caucasian Race"

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Did another article catch the Senator's wife in question saying something different than what is relayed here:



    Edit: Excuse me-Senator's wife.
    Well, if she used the word caucasian, I am fairly certain that it WAS in a race related manner. Wish you would have provided the link to that second article. If valid, that would lead me to believe the comment in the OP was probably close to what she said.

    A bit ridiculous, though. Even if Amendment 1 increased reproduction, I believe it would also increase reproduction among other races. Unless she meant to imply that all gay people are white. LOL. I hope, for her sake, there is more to this story.
    Last edited by kamikaze483; 05-03-12 at 05:40 PM. Reason: spelling

  3. #33
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: NC Anti-Gay Marriage Amendment 1 Reportedly Written To Protect 'Caucasian Race"

    "I did not use Caucasian in a race related matter".....OK then.

    Is she worried about births/rates in the Caucasus region?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #34
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: NC Anti-Gay Marriage Amendment 1 Reportedly Written To Protect 'Caucasian Race"

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Did another article catch the Senator's wife in question saying something different than what is relayed here:



    Edit: Excuse me-Senator's wife.
    I have to go to work but I'll look into it. Although, I wouldn't trust any kind of alleged remark by a campaign worker without video or audio proof especially considering that it's coming from HuffPo.

    Regardless, that doesn't change the fact that the OP is being disgusting and discriminatory even even if these accusations are true that doesn't give him the right to call her inbred. If anything it makes him a hypocrite.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: NC Anti-Gay Marriage Amendment 1 Reportedly Written To Protect 'Caucasian Race"

    If the woman in question meant what some assume, she needs to realize there are also non-whites who share her views on homosexuality.

  6. #36
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: NC Anti-Gay Marriage Amendment 1 Reportedly Written To Protect 'Caucasian Race"

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    If the woman in question meant what some assume, she needs to realize there are also non-whites who share her views on homosexuality.
    And they are also oppressive douchebags.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: NC Anti-Gay Marriage Amendment 1 Reportedly Written To Protect 'Caucasian Race"

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    And they are also oppressive douchebags.
    That is your opinion.

  8. #38
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: NC Anti-Gay Marriage Amendment 1 Reportedly Written To Protect 'Caucasian Race"

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    That is your opinion.
    Damn straight it is. And I have good reason to have that opinion.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  9. #39
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: NC Anti-Gay Marriage Amendment 1 Reportedly Written To Protect 'Caucasian Race"

    Transcript follows:

    MICHAEL:

    “I had my back to her like this. She said, 'The reason my husband my husband wrote Amendment 1 was because the Caucasian race is diminishing and we need to uh, reproduce.”

    UNIDENTIFIED POLL WORKER: “(Mrs. Brunsetter said) … the Caucasian race is diminishing. ?The reason that's a problem is that it was white people that founded this country.”

    “She just wants a white majority so the good 'ol US of A can stay white.”

    Brunsetter:

    We are looking at the history of the United States and it is already law about what marriage is. Between a man and a woman. And we are looking at how American has been a great country. That's why people are coming here. And people who fouinded the United states wrote a Constitution and it has been what has preserved this society. And we were just talking about lots of different things which the gentleman was turning around.

    Me:

    You didn't tell that one lady that it was to preserve the Caucasian race because they were becoming a minority?

    Brunsetter:

    No.

    Me:

    She's lying?

    Brunsetter:

    No. It's just that same sex marriages are not having children.

    Me:

    Yeahm but you didn't say anything about Caucasians, white people, preserving them that's why it was written?

    Brunsetter:

    No I'm afraid they have made it a racial issue when it is not.

    Me:

    She didn't say it was a racial issue. She said that you had said that opart of the reason it had been sponsored and written was to preserve the white race.

    (a moment later) … you didn't say anything about Caucasians?

    Brunsetter:

    I probably said the word.

    Me:

    You didn't tell her anything about Caucasians?

    Silence.

    Me:

    I want you to clear it up if you could.

    Brunsetter:

    Right now I am a little confused myself because there has been confusion here today about this amendment where it is very simple. The opponents are saying things that are not true and there has been a lot of conversation back and forth.

    Right now I have some heat stroke going on. Um there has been lots of confusion.

    Me:

    Did you say anything about Caucasians?

    Brunsetter: If I did it wasn't anything race related.

    Me:

    But it is about identifying a race. No context on Caucasians?

    Brunsetter:

    There has been so much talk about this point that there is just a lot of confusion.

    Me:

    You're not going to be able to explain it?

    Brunsetter:

    Well, it's a little hard.

    The YES! Weekly Blog: Racialized remark about marriage amendment attributed to state senator's wife





    Heat stroke.....I'm confused......LOL!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: NC Anti-Gay Marriage Amendment 1 Reportedly Written To Protect 'Caucasian Race"

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Damn straight it is. And I have good reason to have that opinion.
    Opinion =/= fact.

    One can opine anything and have "good reason."

    It's your opinion, pretty much like everyone else's.

    You can call them oppressive douchebags, but I'm suspending judgment for now.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •