Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 118

Thread: Osama Bin Laden Raid Wasn't Based On CIA Torture Interrogations, Senators Say

  1. #11
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Osama Bin Laden Raid Wasn't Based On CIA Torture Interrogations, Senators Say

    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    You mean other than Osamas dirt nap?
    Uh....everyone (save for kooks) agrees UBL is dead, the question is how did we get the info on the courier. If the argument is that torture was used, and that belief comes from Rodriguez, he can't say much since he destroyed the torture tapes.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 05-05-12 at 12:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep.
    Last Seen
    10-10-12 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,880

    Re: Osama Bin Laden Raid Wasn't Based On CIA Torture Interrogations, Senators Say

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    [/COLOR][/FONT]
    Read more @: Osama Bin Laden Raid Wasn't Based On CIA Torture Interrogations, Senators Say

    Hmm i knew this has been said before but a 500 and something damn report... Sounds a wii bit convening. Interesting to see what comes from this..

    Thoughts?
    Comments?
    Response?
    [/LEFT]
    According to Feinstien and Levin?!

  3. #13
    Guru
    PerfectStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    12-01-17 @ 09:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,182

    Re: Osama Bin Laden Raid Wasn't Based On CIA Torture Interrogations, Senators Say

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    If the argument is that torture was used, and that belief comes from Rodriguez, he can't say much since he destroyed the torture tapes.
    .....to protect the agents from possibly being identified at some point down the road.

    I'm certain you were probably screaming to high heaven when Valerie Plame was "outed".

  4. #14
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Osama Bin Laden Raid Wasn't Based On CIA Torture Interrogations, Senators Say

    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    .....to protect the agents from possibly being identified at some point down the road.
    Under US law, torture is illegal. If they used illegal techniques, he was destroying evidence.

    I'm certain you were probably screaming to high heaven when Valerie Plame was "outed".
    That is quite the tangent, and if you really want to go down that dark hole, I'll push you. Her ID as a CIA agent came from the VP's office, that was established long ago. What that has to do with UBL courier, I have no idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #15
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,991

    Re: Osama Bin Laden Raid Wasn't Based On CIA Torture Interrogations, Senators Say

    Does it matter anymore?

    1) The CIA confirmed using waterboarding on three Al-Qaeda suspects, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, Abu Zubaydah, and Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri, in 2002 and 2003.

    2) During the presidency of George W. Bush, U.S. government officials at various times said they did not believe waterboarding to be a form of torture, despite hanging the Japanese for waterboarding captured U.S. troop during World War II.

    3) In January 2009 President Barack Obama banned the use of waterboarding, though tens of thousands of troops are waterboarded as part of SERE training.

    4) In August 2009 the Justice Department announced that those who exceeded approved "techniques" might in fact face prosecution, though none were.

    In the mean time, Democrats labeled GITMO as a modern Gulag (though only while a Republican was in the White House) and one even mentioned a comparison of Bush to Hitler. Republicans refused to see reason, because they felt as if doing so meant they no longer supported the "War on Terror." So what we had here was an entire argument over the years, held out in the open for all the world to be entertained. Victims of the the true Russian Gulags or Hitler's torture and murder machine had their experiences slighted and diminished just so people in Washington could either be a true Democrat or a true Republican. So politicians and their dimwitted constituents on both sides could drag America around the mud for the world's entertainment, three waterboarded terrorists were exaggerated into a mass systematic machine of henious torture at American hands. How many actually depraved governments and populations around the world were alleviated of responsibility because Americans chose to exaggerate the situation?

    Oh, and let's not forget about that insignificant troop in the field that was sent forward to murder on behalf of Americans everywhere that wanted their 9/11 revenge only to flip television channels and criticize his every effort. A recent United Kingdom high court ruling on the use of hooding prisoners as a detention or interrogation technique indicated that use of any form of sensory obstruction, such as use of blindfolds, goggles or earmuffs, in place of hooding, which is outlawed, could only be temporary and "only for the time and extent necessary to preserve operational security." British military and security officers were directed not to work with governments that do not observe these rules. So our closest ally in the world has been ordered to not support our troops beause we blindfold our prisoners to keep them disoriented and without the ability to plan harm upon captors. Today, even hoodnig our prisoners is a form of "torture." All of this stems from the American quest to wreck America's image in the media by exaggerating the issue for politicial points. And constituents are as guilty as those with microphones.

    All for the sake of three. We are a stupid people anymore. We can drop nuclear bombs on civilian cities...but no one will have water tossed on their heads. The manner in which we "make a stand" is pathetic.
    Last edited by MSgt; 05-05-12 at 02:26 PM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  6. #16
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: Osama Bin Laden Raid Wasn't Based On CIA Torture Interrogations, Senators Say

    The CIA has a very vested interest in making the case for torture. They are not out of the war crimes woods just yet. Any and all straws must be grasped in this attempt to justify torture. The ends justify the means argument. Given past CIA lies I wouldn't nominate any of them for Sainthood and believe every word as if Gawd Himself uttered them.

    Problem with torture intel is it takes a while to verify, which screaming confession is the real confession? Such intel is extremely time sensitive. It is quite possible in hindsight the dots can be connected back through the now confirmed facts that some of the torture confessions were in fact true.

    But that is reverse engineering a cover story, not what lead us to the compound.

    But the argument FOR torture is flawed from the beginning. Many experts say the intel could easily have been gathered without torture and with far fewer versions to verify. As it stands there is no way to know if the FBI's methods would have been faster and more accurate.

  7. #17
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,742

    Re: Osama Bin Laden Raid Wasn't Based On CIA Torture Interrogations, Senators Say

    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    .....to protect the agents from possibly being identified at some point down the road.

    I'm certain you were probably screaming to high heaven when Valerie Plame was "outed".
    What does the motivation have to do with anything? The tapes being destroyed makes it hard to prove.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #18
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,742

    Re: Osama Bin Laden Raid Wasn't Based On CIA Torture Interrogations, Senators Say

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    Does it matter anymore?

    1) The CIA confirmed using waterboarding on three Al-Qaeda suspects, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, Abu Zubaydah, and Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri, in 2002 and 2003.

    2) During the presidency of George W. Bush, U.S. government officials at various times said they did not believe waterboarding to be a form of torture, despite hanging the Japanese for waterboarding captured U.S. troop during World War II.

    3) In January 2009 President Barack Obama banned the use of waterboarding, though tens of thousands of troops are waterboarded as part of SERE training.

    4) In August 2009 the Justice Department announced that those who exceeded approved "techniques" might in fact face prosecution, though none were.

    In the mean time, Democrats labeled GITMO as a modern Gulag (though only while a Republican was in the White House) and one even mentioned a comparison of Bush to Hitler. Republicans refused to see reason, because they felt as if doing so meant they no longer supported the "War on Terror." So what we had here was an entire argument over the years, held out in the open for all the world to be entertained. Victims of the the true Russian Gulags or Hitler's torture and murder machine had their experiences slighted and diminished just so people in Washington could either be a true Democrat or a true Republican. So politicians and their dimwitted constituents on both sides could drag America around the mud for the world's entertainment, three waterboarded terrorists were exaggerated into a mass systematic machine of henious torture at American hands. How many actually depraved governments and populations around the world were alleviated of responsibility because Americans chose to exaggerate the situation?

    Oh, and let's not forget about that insignificant troop in the field that was sent forward to murder on behalf of Americans everywhere that wanted their 9/11 revenge only to flip television channels and criticize his every effort. A recent United Kingdom high court ruling on the use of hooding prisoners as a detention or interrogation technique indicated that use of any form of sensory obstruction, such as use of blindfolds, goggles or earmuffs, in place of hooding, which is outlawed, could only be temporary and "only for the time and extent necessary to preserve operational security." British military and security officers were directed not to work with governments that do not observe these rules. So our closest ally in the world has been ordered to not support our troops beause we blindfold our prisoners to keep them disoriented and without the ability to plan harm upon captors. Today, even hoodnig our prisoners is a form of "torture." All of this stems from the American quest to wreck America's image in the media by exaggerating the issue for politicial points. And constituents are as guilty as those with microphones.

    All for the sake of three. We are a stupid people anymore. We can drop nuclear bombs on civilian cities...but no one will have water tossed on their heads. The manner in which we "make a stand" is pathetic.
    Well, see, some of us actually hold the opinion that dropping a nuclear weapon on a civilian city is a monstrous thing to do under any circumstances.

    Say, when someone deliberately targets civilians with an explosive device to compel some sort of action on part of their government, what do they call it these days?
    Last edited by Deuce; 05-06-12 at 09:59 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #19
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,292

    Re: Osama Bin Laden Raid Wasn't Based On CIA Torture Interrogations, Senators Say

    Torture is illegal. Torture doesn't work effectively. GWShiiteForBrains promoted and defended torture. Conservatives must now swallow the turd. The instigator of the GWShiiteForBrains Great Depression may have had and still does have a few screws loose. He did not get OLB "dead or alive," he tortured, he lied, he mismanaged, and now we have sham trial atmosphere in Guantanamo and must pretend "torture" did not happen by making that public information "secret,' so that it may not be admitted as evidence and tainting the prosecutions evidence as "fruit of a tainted tree." That is why they are not being tried in a civilian court. The evidence on these scumbags would have to be thrown out because we had scumbag leadership doing scumbag things to prisoners. The chickens are coming home to roost. Are y'all gonna feel great pride in these Guantanamo military proceedings or great shame. I will feel great shame. It's hard to believe our Nation has been brought to such evil impasse. It's state "secret" that they were tortured, by the way.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep.
    Last Seen
    10-10-12 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,880

    Re: Osama Bin Laden Raid Wasn't Based On CIA Torture Interrogations, Senators Say

    Fruit of a tainted tree?!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •