Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 218

Thread: Judge says Texas can't ban Planned Parenthood

  1. #81
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,117

    Re: Judge says Texas can't ban Planned Parenthood

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Even if it were true, how is that a bad thing?
    well that gets into the whole other side of the pro-life-pro-choice argument.

    but basically, PP deliberately.... shall we say misleadingly utilizes statistics in order to misrepresent the focus of that organization.


    Saying that PP isn't abortion-centered because there are lots of other transactions it is involved in is like saying that McDonalds isnt' burger-centered because not only does every meal come with fries and a drink, but they also offer salads and milkshakes.

    as a final note:



    PP knows where their bread is buttered. Which is why PP clinic managers were told to work to increase abortions.

  2. #82
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,828

    Re: Judge says Texas can't ban Planned Parenthood

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Well, I mean, if you can't read a plain English document and you think that other people can when they demonstrably can't, then no, you don't have qualifications.
    Which "plain english document" do you think the judge has failed to read?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #83
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Judge says Texas can't ban Planned Parenthood

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Yeah, they're 99% of what Planned Parenthood Does...

    (This was not intended to be a factual statement )
    No, no....97.6%.

    YOEST & FRANZONELLO: Nation's largest abortion provider: Planned Parenthood - Washington Times
    "But if you want to understand how big a role abortion plays in Planned Parenthood’s care of pregnant women, just read its fine print. According to a “fact sheet” detailing its “services” for 2009, affiliates performed 332,278 abortions, saw 7,021 prenatal clients and made 977 adoption referrals. That means for 97.6 percent of its 340,276 pregnant clients, abortion was Planned Parenthood’s provided “service.” "
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  4. #84
    Professor
    wolfsgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,140

    Re: Judge says Texas can't ban Planned Parenthood

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    No, no....97.6%.

    YOEST & FRANZONELLO: Nation's largest abortion provider: Planned Parenthood - Washington Times
    "But if you want to understand how big a role abortion plays in Planned Parenthood’s care of pregnant women, just read its fine print. According to a “fact sheet” detailing its “services” for 2009, affiliates performed 332,278 abortions, saw 7,021 prenatal clients and made 977 adoption referrals. That means for 97.6 percent of its 340,276 pregnant clients, abortion was Planned Parenthood’s provided “service.” "
    So 97% of pregnant PP patients get abortions, but what percentage of their entire client base are pregnant?
    I know I have used PP at least 40 times for birth control, pap smears, even had them refer me to a radiologist for a mammogram. I was never pregnant at any time that I was a patient, nor are many of their patients.
    " May you live as long as you wish, and love as long as you live"
    R.A. Heinlein

  5. #85
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,299

    Re: Judge says Texas can't ban Planned Parenthood

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    well that gets into the whole other side of the pro-life-pro-choice argument.

    but basically, PP deliberately.... shall we say misleadingly utilizes statistics in order to misrepresent the focus of that organization.s.

    From the same guy that deliberately posted the completely disingenuous "Seal Community" pap no less? Really? Ballsy, I'll give you that.

  6. #86
    Professor
    wolfsgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,140

    Re: Judge says Texas can't ban Planned Parenthood

    In 2010 (the
    latest year for which we have figures), Planned
    Parenthood provided nearly five million people
    worldwide with the means to make responsible
    choices about their sexual and reproductive health.
    http://www.plannedparenthood.org/fil...P_Services.pdf

    So if PP saw nearly 5 million patients, and of that 5 million 340,276 were pregnant. Even if ALL of its pregnant clients had an abortion it would not account for 97% of its services.
    " May you live as long as you wish, and love as long as you live"
    R.A. Heinlein

  7. #87
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Judge says Texas can't ban Planned Parenthood

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsgirl View Post
    http://www.plannedparenthood.org/fil...P_Services.pdf

    So if PP saw nearly 5 million patients, and of that 5 million 340,276 were pregnant. Even if ALL of its pregnant clients had an abortion it would not account for 97% of its services.
    See, those against PP don't want to take into account that PP handles 5 million patients. As such they phrase their statements in the way that mac phrased his statements. It makes PP look bad to sheeple. They just want PP shut down because it provides abortions...nevermind all the other things that PP provides.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #88
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Judge says Texas can't ban Planned Parenthood

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsgirl View Post
    http://www.plannedparenthood.org/fil...P_Services.pdf

    So if PP saw nearly 5 million patients, and of that 5 million 340,276 were pregnant. Even if ALL of its pregnant clients had an abortion it would not account for 97% of its services.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    See, those against PP don't want to take into account that PP handles 5 million patients. As such they phrase their statements in the way that mac phrased his statements. It makes PP look bad to sheeple. They just want PP shut down because it provides abortions...nevermind all the other things that PP provides.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/05/op...-abortion.html
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #89
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Judge says Texas can't ban Planned Parenthood

    Your point of that link was.....what?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #90
    Professor
    wolfsgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,140

    Re: Judge says Texas can't ban Planned Parenthood

    Out of about 5MILLION patients 340,000 had abortions.
    An op-ed piece does not change the numbers.
    " May you live as long as you wish, and love as long as you live"
    R.A. Heinlein

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •