Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 218

Thread: Judge says Texas can't ban Planned Parenthood

  1. #91
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Judge says Texas can't ban Planned Parenthood

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Good point. Texas is pretty much free to do whatever it likes. If it wants to ban PP, or Burger King, it can.
    Not sure if sarcasm, or srs. I'm tired of people saying something is unconstitutional like some kind of knee jerk reaction. The judge stated that it was unconstitutional, I want to know how he came to that conclusion.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  2. #92
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Judge says Texas can't ban Planned Parenthood

    Just one more example of why Texas should just give Washington the finger and go it's own way.

  3. #93
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Judge says Texas can't ban Planned Parenthood

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsgirl View Post
    Out of about 5MILLION patients 340,000 had abortions.
    An op-ed piece does not change the numbers.
    The reality is that pp uses a walk in to get a condom as a patient in order to obfuscate the stats...we all know that. I applaud pp for providing family planning...but their "women's health" impact is actually minimal, and it's nothing that can't be provided elsewhere. Further, they make upwards of 70 million dollars a year performing abortions and that equates to about a third of their income, while govt funding attributes for half....that leaves very little accountable to private donations. The American taxpayer should not be subsidizing abortion (against their will). IF they want taxpayer funds, they should sever connection with abortion so they can provided "women's health" services without controversy.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  4. #94
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Judge says Texas can't ban Planned Parenthood

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsgirl View Post
    Out of about 5MILLION patients 340,000 had abortions.
    An op-ed piece does not change the numbers.
    Prime example of obfuscation. The 5 million stat is worldwide, the 340k stat is US alone. You are comparing worldwide service to US only abortion. It's just dishonest.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  5. #95
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,886
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Judge says Texas can't ban Planned Parenthood

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Prime example of obfuscation. The 5 million stat is worldwide, the 340k stat is US alone. You are comparing worldwide service to US only abortion. It's just dishonest.
    You're right, the 5 million patients is world wide. The actual number for in the States is 3 million.

    The core of Planned Parenthood affiliate medical service is contraception and accompanying health care, education, and information. In 2010, we provided 11 million medical services for nearly three million people, and helped to prevent approximately 584,000 unintended pregnancies. Seventy-six percent of our clients have incomes at or below 150 percent of the federal poverty level. As of January 2012, our nearly 800 health centers are operated by 79 affiliates, which have a presence in all 50 states and the District of Columbia (PPFA, 2011a; PPFA, 2011b; PPFA, internal documents).
    Planned Parenthood Services
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  6. #96
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Judge says Texas can't ban Planned Parenthood

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    You're right, the 5 million patients is world wide. The actual number for in the States is 3 million.



    Planned Parenthood Services
    Let me ask....was providing a condom "helped to prevent approximately 584,000 unintended pregnancies"? How exactly do you prove that you helped prevent an unintended pregnancy?

    Do you actually put any thought into the propaganda?

    11 million medical services for three million people.....when you consider a single visit to be 15 services...I guess it's easy to rack up that kind of number.
    Last edited by mac; 05-04-12 at 09:37 PM.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  7. #97
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,886
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Judge says Texas can't ban Planned Parenthood

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    The reality is that pp uses a walk in to get a condom as a patient in order to obfuscate the stats...we all know that. I applaud pp for providing family planning...but their "women's health" impact is actually minimal, and it's nothing that can't be provided elsewhere. Further, they make upwards of 70 million dollars a year performing abortions and that equates to about a third of their income, while govt funding attributes for half....that leaves very little accountable to private donations. The American taxpayer should not be subsidizing abortion (against their will). IF they want taxpayer funds, they should sever connection with abortion so they can provided "women's health" services without controversy.
    Actually STI/STD testing is the majority of their services...has nothing to do with a simple walk in, grab a condom, leave. The people actually stay there for a bit, get a test done, and get results.

    You're talking about PP obfuscating their numbers and yet you're trying to do the same thing by suggesting that PP's counted services include walking in and grabbing a condom and leaving. Which ones worse I wonder? The numbers that PP have include documented people. Which means the patients stayed long enough to give enough information to be documented. Normally a walk in for condoms is not documented. They just give ya a brown bag with a handful of condoms in it and ya leave.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #98
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Judge says Texas can't ban Planned Parenthood

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Normally a walk in for condoms is not documented.
    Maybe...but a chat about using them is a "medical service".
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #99
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,886
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Judge says Texas can't ban Planned Parenthood

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Let me ask....was providing a condom "helped to prevent approximately 584,000 unintended pregnancies"? How exactly do you prove that you helped prevent an unintended pregnancy?

    Do you actually put any thought into the propaganda?

    11 million medical services for three million people.....when you consider a single visit to be 15 services...I guess it's easy to rack up that kind of number.
    You do know that people can come in multiple times right? And not always for the same things right?

    Tell me...how many people does your local clinic see? How many services do they perform? I would bet you that the services performed is far larger than the amount of people seen.

    As for your "single visit being 15 services" claim...please provide proof. And for something like this you're going to need something much better than a simple biased article. Something along the lines of government evidence would be good. Or a statement from PP themselves. Whichever. Serious claims deserve serious evidence.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #100
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Judge says Texas can't ban Planned Parenthood

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    You do know that people can come in multiple times right? And not always for the same things right?

    Tell me...how many people does your local clinic see? How many services do they perform? I would bet you that the services performed is far larger than the amount of people seen.

    As for your "single visit being 15 services" claim...please provide proof. And for something like this you're going to need something much better than a simple biased article. Something along the lines of government evidence would be good. Or a statement from PP themselves. Whichever. Serious claims deserve serious evidence.
    Uh-huh. How do you prove you helped prevent an unintended pregnancy?


    In 23 years in the Navy, I couldn't tell you how many times I told a young sailor to wrap the weasel. How many unintended pregnancies can I claim I prevented?
    Last edited by mac; 05-04-12 at 09:49 PM.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •