Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 347

Thread: OWS plan on blocking New York Bridges, Tunnels, and Ferries on May 1st.

  1. #81
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: 'Occupy' Promises 'Biggest Shut Down The City Of New York Has Ever Seen,' Blockad

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    What point? I missed it. It seemed the "point" changed depending on who you talked to. On the same corner of zucotti park!
    The valid point was the overall protest against Corporate Capitalism which is killing competition and economic mobility in this country.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #82
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: 'Occupy' Promises 'Biggest Shut Down The City Of New York Has Ever Seen,' Blockad

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    it's a left wing tea party (current form) blaming the other guy disquised as a new movement.
    Yea just like the "tea party" minus the major financiers, media spokesmen, a media outlet that loves them, political representatives, and "death panels"


  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: 'Occupy' Promises 'Biggest Shut Down The City Of New York Has Ever Seen,' Blockad

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    "Slave labor", or NEAR slave labor as I stated (thanks for the honesty) are the working conditions in the countries we offshore production to. There are very few labor and environmental laws and thus it becomes cheaper to produce at the expense of its People. Duh.
    That's a huge and often repeated misconception.

    Anyone who has traveled to third world countries where North American or European companies have invested understands that all the locals want to work for these companies. If you think it is slave labor to work for Toyota in Thailand, for example, you obviously have no idea what it is like to work for a Thai in Thailand.

    Why the crazy idea persists, when the truth should be obvious, remains a mystery.

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: OWS plan on blocking New York Bridges, Tunnels, and Ferries on May 1st.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    You have to admire the OWS crowd.

    They are pushing the boundaries of "FAIL" to new heights. Kudos!
    Too bad for 99% of us they weren't more effective.

  5. #85
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,139
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: 'Occupy' Promises 'Biggest Shut Down The City Of New York Has Ever Seen,' Blockad

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    OWS has nothing to do with Communism. Also, you are incorrect that America was founded on equal opportunity. If that was so, why were there slaves?
    CAUTION

    This is an attempt to change the topic of conversation... Don't fall for it.

  6. #86
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,139
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: 'Occupy' Promises 'Biggest Shut Down The City Of New York Has Ever Seen,' Blockad

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    I support this 100%. I hope this works out and brings back the national attention to the movement.
    Its all well suited to attempt this nation wide strike, protest, occupying of bridges etc on May Day..
    Yup, nothing like taking a big, fat, healthy dump on the working class people who use those bridges to get to and from work. I'm sure they will appreciate OWS causing them to miss time with their families or lose pay because they are late for work... That will show them Wall Street fat cats.

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: 'Occupy' Promises 'Biggest Shut Down The City Of New York Has Ever Seen,' Blockad

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    There is no central organization for OWS, so how can OWS embrace any of those groups?
    Actually it took root in Canada, in fact in Vancouver where I am right now.

    It's truly amazing how the left can be so easily manipulated, and from a foreign country as well.

    Of course they were manipulated by foreigners throughout the Cold War as well so the precedent is certainly there. One constant of the left that will always remain with them is their total and blind loyalty to a cause of which they have little or no understanding.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/28/bu...pagewanted=all

  8. #88
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: 'Occupy' Promises 'Biggest Shut Down The City Of New York Has Ever Seen,' Blockad

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Yup, nothing like taking a big, fat, healthy dump on the working class people who use those bridges to get to and from work. I'm sure they will appreciate OWS causing them to miss time with their families or lose pay because they are late for work... That will show them Wall Street fat cats.
    See, the working class has to stop working for the MAN, and get down to the bridges with all the stinky BO OWS people. Profits you see are evil, and everyone OWeS OWS food, clothing, shelter, some weed and cable television.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #89
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: 'Occupy' Promises 'Biggest Shut Down The City Of New York Has Ever Seen,' Blockad

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    That's a huge and often repeated misconception.

    Anyone who has traveled to third world countries where North American or European companies have invested understands that all the locals want to work for these companies. If you think it is slave labor to work for Toyota in Thailand, for example, you obviously have no idea what it is like to work for a Thai in Thailand.

    Why the crazy idea persists, when the truth should be obvious, remains a mystery.
    The idea persists because of its truth. Why does Apple produce more in China? Because the regulations are lax down there. They average about 20 deaths/year at their factories because **** blows up from improper ventilation, but there's not really any negative consequence from that as there would be in the States. Why does Nike produce out of China and other areas with lax working and environmental regulations? Cause it's cheaper. A boat don't cost **** these days, shipping over water is relatively cheap and the money saved from cutting environmental and labor corners more than makes up for it.

    Of course people would want to work. There's a lot of people, not enough jobs, and no protection. They have to live and will take anything they can get, even if it means their lives. Companies in China had to start printing "please don't kill yourself" pamphlets for its workers. Is that good condition? Just because people want the job doesn't mean that they're being treated well, that there are proper protections for their labor and lives. It just means that the chance to be maimed or exploded is better than starving to death.
    Last edited by Ikari; 04-30-12 at 04:03 PM.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: 'Occupy' Promises 'Biggest Shut Down The City Of New York Has Ever Seen,' Blockad

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Actually it took root in Canada, in fact in Vancouver where I am right now.

    It's truly amazing how the left can be so easily manipulated, and from a foreign country as well.

    Of course they were manipulated by foreigners throughout the Cold War as well so the precedent is certainly there. One constant of the left that will always remain with them is their total and blind loyalty to a cause of which they have little or no understanding.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/28/bu...pagewanted=all
    Really, so the movement you claim started in Canada is currently in control of ALL OWS movements here in the states? Prove it or please take your hyperbole and conspiracy theories to the right thread and not this one.

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •