Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 347

Thread: OWS plan on blocking New York Bridges, Tunnels, and Ferries on May 1st.

  1. #91
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: 'Occupy' Promises 'Biggest Shut Down The City Of New York Has Ever Seen,' Blockad

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Yup, nothing like taking a big, fat, healthy dump on the working class people who use those bridges to get to and from work. I'm sure they will appreciate OWS causing them to miss time with their families or lose pay because they are late for work... That will show them Wall Street fat cats.
    Those bridges cost way too much money to cross anyway. It seems like on the East Coast all bridges come with tolls. ****ing bastards.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #92
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: 'Occupy' Promises 'Biggest Shut Down The City Of New York Has Ever Seen,' Blockad

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Really, so the movement you claim started in Canada is currently in control of ALL OWS movements here in the states? Prove it or please take your hyperbole and conspiracy theories to the right thread and not this one.
    Ohhh ahhh adbusters controls OWS ohhh ahhh...


  3. #93
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: 'Occupy' Promises 'Biggest Shut Down The City Of New York Has Ever Seen,' Blockad

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    The regulations absolutely harm small business. But the government isn't looking to protect small business.
    An even bigger part of the problem is small business don't have customers. That is not the governments fault. Until people start supporting small businesses they are going to continue to fail. Consumers need to accept their role in this and change their habits. Most small businesses dont fail because of taxes or government policy. They fail because of a lack of customer base.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: 'Occupy' Promises 'Biggest Shut Down The City Of New York Has Ever Seen,' Blockad

    So tell us liberals. When they start asking the OWS protesters "Why are you here", or "What are you protesting for", what are we gonna hear this time ?

    Or do the OWS protesters not really know, and we need to ask someone at MSNBC ?

  5. #95
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,136
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: 'Occupy' Promises 'Biggest Shut Down The City Of New York Has Ever Seen,' Blockad

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Yea just like the "tea party" minus the major financiers, media spokesmen, a media outlet that loves them, political representatives, and "death panels"
    Yea just like the "tea party" with the addition of rape, murder, drug dealing, scabies, public defecation, destruction of property, trespassing, riots, assaults on innocent bystanders, assaults on police officers, hundreds if not thousands of arrests, filth, body funk, public sex, and anti-Semitic hate speech.

  6. #96
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: 'Occupy' Promises 'Biggest Shut Down The City Of New York Has Ever Seen,' Blockad

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    An even bigger part of the problem is small business don't have customers. That is not the governments fault. Until people start supporting small businesses they are going to continue to fail. Consumers need to accept their role in this and change their habits. Most small businesses dont fail because of taxes or government policy. They fail because of a lack of customer base.
    Yeah, there things like this turned into a huge circle. But yes, people need to pay more attention to consuming power as well.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #97
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:34 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,067

    Re: 'Occupy' Promises 'Biggest Shut Down The City Of New York Has Ever Seen,' Blockad

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Yea just like the "tea party" minus the major financiers, media spokesmen, a media outlet that loves them, political representatives, and "death panels"
    ...except the tea partiers work and bathe.

  8. #98
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: 'Occupy' Promises 'Biggest Shut Down The City Of New York Has Ever Seen,' Blockad

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Yea just like the "tea party" with the addition of rape, murder, drug dealing, scabies, public defecation, destruction of property, trespassing, riots, assaults on innocent bystanders, assaults on police officers, hundreds if not thousands of arrests, filth, body funk, public sex, and anti-Semitic hate speech.
    Woot! Hyperbole. How many of the OWS are doing that? Is OWS condoning this?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: 'Occupy' Promises 'Biggest Shut Down The City Of New York Has Ever Seen,' Blockad

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    An even bigger part of the problem is small business don't have customers. That is not the governments fault. Until people start supporting small businesses they are going to continue to fail. Consumers need to accept their role in this and change their habits. Most small businesses dont fail because of taxes or government policy. They fail because of a lack of customer base.
    Good grief !!!! They fail because they either are trying to sell something folks do not want, or if the product has a market, they are being out-competed by someone else !!!

    You cannot compel an uncompetitive product to be successful !!!

  10. #100
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: 'Occupy' Promises 'Biggest Shut Down The City Of New York Has Ever Seen,' Blockad

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Really on "international workers day" the socialist holiday?

    Nah, it's not a left wing movement.... Anyway, if one person dies because a rescue vehicle is stalled, they should be charged with murder... But let's be real here. This movement is long dead and nothing will be stopped. [/FONT][/COLOR]




    Edit:

    Let me add this link:

    Occupy Wall Street plans*mass May Day demonstration to shut down NYC - NY Daily News

    since it may be a more "main stream" news source. Thanks.
    I don't get how pissing *everyone* off is going to be beneficial to whatever they want to do.

    They're just making theirselves - and whatever unions and groups decide to join them - look like assholes more than they already do.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •