Page 82 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 820 of 1162

Thread: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

  1. #811
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Good! not every American who names their self - Christian, holds that view. Their are too many who do advocate the measures I noted. The problem we have is the reality of far too many of the 'polite' xians refusing to speak up in protest of the actions and words of their fellow religionists who do promote the idea of biblical punishment for the sinners.
    Well, let's just not rush things, please.

    I view homosexuality/homosexual acts as a sin, but I'm not in support of limiting the rights of homosexuals or punishing them for being homosexual. Note that I still believe it's a sin and I fully support preaching/opining that it is such. Also, I'm against any person who dare try to then take a step further and say that giving your belief that it is a sin is bullying/punishment; I won't tolerate that encroachment that will result in pretty much silencing a differing opinion/belief. You may be shocked that I've had people tell me I was harming/hating homosexuals merely for voicing my opinion, them knowing full well I had no intention of restricting their rights. There is a line, and I will not see it crossed.

  2. #812
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:28 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,843

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    Well, Grimmie, I'm sure you'll understand when I tell you, the message to me was clear. Savage abused the school children for personal reasons.

    Now I know you want to put lipstick on the pig, but the pig will remain that Savage took his personal feelings out on school children. Simple.

    "Savage abused the school children"? Sorry but I ain't buying it. Priests forcing themselves onto altar boys - that is abuse. True Believers praying over sick children instead of getting them medical care - that is abuse. Old style Muslims forcing their daughters to be genitally mutilated - that is abuse. A gay man calling out a few teens who had their religious fee-fees hurt for refusing to listen to his speech - that ain't abuse


    Every day, Dan Savage deals with the horrific results of bigoted teens abusing gay, and sometimes they are perceived as gay even though they are straight, classmates - so I think he may have a bit more experience with true abuse than most commenters in this thread.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  3. #813
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Golden City of the Risen Dead
    Last Seen
    10-05-12 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    4,310

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    By trying to help the sinner in finding eternal salvation instead of eternal damnation... that is the quintessential act of loving them.
    1. If you believe that one's personal bedroom actions damn them, it hardly seems like an organic act of love to try to "save" them from something they probably don't agree with. More like a selfish act wrapped in the cover of "love".

    2. I worry about the psychological consequences of firmly believing you know the Absolute Truth. Power, even imaginary power, can bring out the worst in people.

  4. #814
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:28 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,843

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Well, let's just not rush things, please.

    I view homosexuality/homosexual acts as a sin, but I'm not in support of limiting the rights of homosexuals or punishing them for being homosexual. Note that I still believe it's a sin and I fully support preaching/opining that it is such. Also, I'm against any person who dare try to then take a step further and say that giving your belief that it is a sin is bullying/punishment; I won't tolerate that encroachment that will result in pretty much silencing a differing opinion/belief. You may be shocked that I've had people tell me I was harming/hating homosexuals merely for voicing my opinion, them knowing full well I had no intention of restricting their rights. There is a line, and I will not see it crossed.
    yet when gay students with their straight friends promote a "Day of Silence" in schools, that is seen as "imposing" the idea of tolerance on xians. When a Gay-Straight Friends Club is asked for - too many xians see that as "imposing" homosexuality on them.

    Tell us - where's the "line"?
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  5. #815
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Billy, Billy, Billy...you just proved my point....again. You can't get past the faux outrage and examine the message.


    The message? I think that was clear. The "supposeded" journalist took out his bias and hatred on school children that did nothing to him.

  6. #816
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post

    (1) Those "Christians" who do so, like the Westboror Baptist Church, are in the wrong. Stating that homosexuality/homosexual acts is a sin is not condemning people, but trying to help them change their ways to save them by finding salvation.
    It is a bs, irrational belief. Homosexuality is present in nature in multiple examples, it is a genetic characteristic, it is something you are born with. Alzheimer patients forget friends, families....even their own names, but one thing they never forget is their sexual orientation. It is a base characteristic.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #817
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    The message? I think that was clear. The "supposeded (sic)" journalist took out his bias and hatred on school children that (sic) did nothing to him.
    You are continuing to spread the straw and avoid the discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #818
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    It is a bs, irrational belief. Homosexuality is present in nature in multiple examples, it is a genetic characteristic, it is something you are born with. Alzheimer patients forget friends, families....even their own names, but one thing they never forget is their sexual orientation. It is a base characteristic.
    You say that.

    If science hasn't shown the genetic evidence of homosexuality, wouldn't it be irrational to believe in it?

  9. #819
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    You say that.

    If science hasn't shown the genetic evidence of homosexuality, wouldn't it be irrational to believe in it?
    Oh, not me....and there is LOTS of evidence pointing to this as being the case, and since this is a very recent area of study, I am sure that the direct links will be known. We call this a "rational" explanation.

    On the other hand, the Biblical explanation is....the devil?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #820
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You are continuing to spread the straw and avoid the discussion.


    Gimmie, Gimmie . . . . . the thread is about this dipwad "wanna be journalist" who decided to use his captive audience, Christian school children, and call them "pansed ass" because they chose not to sit and listen to his hate speech.

    I've said before and will repeat, you Gimmie want to change the story, but you have to stick to the one offered by the originator of the thread.

    Might I suggest you write another "hate story" and put in all the things you want in the story. But . . . . . . . it won't be this story.

Page 82 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •