Page 8 of 117 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 1162

Thread: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

  1. #71
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Southern AZ
    Last Seen
    06-26-12 @ 01:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    so, folks who think they should have the right to harrass, offend, and attack gay students because the Bible has homophobic passages, got upset that someone didn't agree with their enabling of bigotry?


    Alright, let's discuss bigotry. Could it be defined as a dislike of a group? You, for example, appear to dislike Christians, or perhaps only Evangelicals. Can you see where I'm going with this?

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by onestepfurther View Post
    [/B]

    Alright, let's discuss bigotry. Could it be defined as a dislike of a group? You, for example, appear to dislike Christians, or perhaps only Evangelicals. Can you see where I'm going with this?
    that is 100% untrue. I have serious dissagreements with Christianity, but that does not effect how I treat Christians in my life.

    Most of my friends are Christian. I am dating a Christian.

  3. #73
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Southern AZ
    Last Seen
    06-26-12 @ 01:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    that is 100% untrue. I have serious dissagreements with Christianity, but that does not effect how I treat Christians in my life.

    Most of my friends are Christian. I am dating a Christian.
    OK. Sorry for the mistake. Do you agree with my definition of bigotry? Do your friends "harass, offend, and attack" gay people? My curiosity is on.

  4. #74
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I would sit there, and probably laugh because he's so retarded, because choose to go, and I would probably try to talk to them if it was possible. The people who walked out need to grow the **** up, plain and simple. Like I said, **** being offended.
    So I've never seen you take offense at something written here? Especially as it relates to same sex marriage issues?

  5. #75
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by onestepfurther View Post
    OK. Sorry for the mistake. Do you agree with my definition of bigotry? Do your friends "harass, offend, and attack" gay people? My curiosity is on.
    Don't let him fool you. He said in another thread that it was unfortunate that Christianity did not end with Christ's death. Always take what he says with a grain of salt.

  6. #76
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,347

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I would sit there, and probably laugh because he's so retarded, because choose to go, and I would probably try to talk to them if it was possible. The people who walked out need to grow the **** up, plain and simple. Like I said, **** being offended.
    I don't see the act of walking out on something that's offensive to you as being immature. I would have walked out too. I'm not going to sit and listen to anyone spew hate about any group.


  7. #77
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    I don't see the act of walking out on something that's offensive to you as being immature. I would have walked out too. I'm not going to sit and listen to anyone spew hate about any group.
    If the guy had said something offensive to/about a minority group, I wonder if those who walked out would still be criticized.

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    If the guy had said something offensive to/about a minority group, I wonder if those who walked out would still be criticized.
    Probably not.

  9. #79
    Guru
    the_recruit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,176

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Yes they were being hypersensitive, just sit down and listen, you don't have to walk out acting like a child believing you can only hear stuff that makes you happy. The fact that people are offended is stupid, and makes me ****ing sad. I just wanna yank them by the collar and tell them to grow the **** up. I'm tired of people having this "oh I'm offended more" war, it lowers discourse, and keeps us from actually talking about anything with substance. **** being offended, it's stupid, gets us nowhere and is childish. We as a society need to grow the **** up.

    Cannot the same exact thing can be said of teens who are upset for being bullied for their sexual orientation? "Stop being offended." "Grow the **** up." "Don't be a pussy".

  10. #80
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,347

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    If the guy had said something offensive to/about a minority group, I wonder if those who walked out would still be criticized.
    I'm going to bet not. You're not a pussy for walking out when someone is proudly showing his prejudice or hate. You're smart.


Page 8 of 117 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •