Page 73 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 730 of 1162

Thread: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

  1. #721
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Yes, very incomplete...even Wake saw that.
    No, not incomplete....it just doesn't fit your excuses.

    http://www.violencepreventionworks.o.../bullying.page

    Bullying is aggressive behavior that is intentional and that involves an imbalance of power. Most often, it is repeated over time.
    Last edited by mac; 05-01-12 at 08:40 PM.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  2. #722
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Um, Hazel or Savage or anyone else was not dictating, they are being critical of the use of the Bible in the persecution of homosexuals.
    you are incorrect..... when you tell people what to do, you are trying to dictate to them.

    things like " ignore parts of the bible".. or " don't use the bible for < insert purpose>".... those are not criticism or critiques.

  3. #723
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,122

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    you are incorrect..... when you tell people what to do, you are trying to dictate to them.

    things like " ignore parts of the bible".. or " don't use the bible for < insert purpose>".... those are not criticism or critiques.
    You might want to look up the definitions of "criticism" and "critique".
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  4. #724
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    No, not incomplete....it just doesn't fit your excuses.

    Bullying | Violence Prevention Works

    Bullying is aggressive behavior that is intentional and that involves an imbalance of power. Most often, it is repeated over time.


    I don't get why people are in disagreement over this simple thing.... bullying does not have to be recurring to be bullying ( harassment, however, does have to be recurring)

    it's sort of understandable though.. folks don't want to admit that they are approving of bullying, when they are, in fact, approving of bullying.

  5. #725
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    No, not incomplete....it just doesn't fit your excuses.

    Bullying | Violence Prevention Works

    Bullying is aggressive behavior that is intentional and that involves an imbalance of power. Most often, it is repeated over time.
    As I said, your original definition was incomplete.

    Again, using one description of an action taken by a group against a group, is not bullying. Being critical of the Bible is not bullying.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #726
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,891

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Uh..when did I say "I am a budding journalist" or anything of the sort?

    If you can't back your implying that the symposium did not know what they were getting, that is fine with me.
    You're such a little game-player. I haven't implied anything about anything. I don't need to "back" anything--I posted the links to the the convention and to the program and commented on these. Your bad if you're unfamiliar with what I've posted.

    Perhaps I have misinterpreted posts #473 and 525? So you aren't a budding journo yourself? Apologies if I have misread, but you did seem to acknowledge when you said, "A wimp...because someone criticized parts of a book......and I am a journalist student? Yep, I'm a wimp.....and shouldn't be a journalist."

    And that's right; you shouldn't be if you can't pass Journo 101 and don't understand that your job is not to spin your opinion but, rather, to report on the story. Actually, I kinda hope you're only a theorist. I'd like to know that the upcoming journos know how to root out and also report on facts without interjecting their own editorial opinon, which is the job of...you know...op/eds.

  7. #727
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    You might want to look up the definitions of "criticism" and "critique".
    you might want to construct an argument.....

  8. #728
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    you are incorrect..... when you tell people what to do, you are trying to dictate to them.
    If you are critical of the Bible, you are telling them what to do? If you say "you are a hypocrite if you use parts of the Bible against homosexuals", you are dictating?

    things like " ignore parts of the bible".. or " don't use the bible for < insert purpose>".... those are not criticism or critiques.
    Wow, that is quite the stretch, it is "dictating" when you stop someone from doing harm when they use scripture as an excuse for doing harm.

    Really.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #729
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    As I said, your original definition was incomplete.

    Again, using one description of an action taken by a group against a group, is not bullying. Being critical of the Bible is not bullying.
    his definition is fine.... it's your spin that is a problem here.

  10. #730
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    I don't get why people are in disagreement over this simple thing.... bullying does not have to be recurring to be bullying ( harassment, however, does have to be recurring)

    it's sort of understandable though.. folks don't want to admit that they are approving of bullying, when they are, in fact, approving of bullying.
    They don't want to admit that a homosexual can be a bully and that Christians can be a target...
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

Page 73 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •