Page 72 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 1162

Thread: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

  1. #711
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    OH, the delicious irony!
    Oh? Why is it ironic?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  2. #712
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Apparently. I mean...if you have to be Christian or an authority on Christianity in order to have any say on Christian adherence to Christianity, then it is only logical that only people who are an authority on authority have any say on the issue of authority.
    you do understand that Christianity... and every other religion , has an inherent hierarchy... correct?

    one is free to dictate the terms under which they, themselves, practice religion... they are not, however, free to dictate those terms to others unless they have achieved authority within the hierarchical structure of the religion.
    neither Hazlnut nor Savage are ecumenical authorities concerning Christianity ( both are rather hostile to Christianity and Christians)... their opinions on bible utilization are rather irrelevant to Christianity.. it simply doesn't matter, to others, what they say, do , or think.


    as an aside, yes i'm an authority on authority.... by virtue of being a thinking man.

  3. #713
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    bullying present participle of bul·ly
    Verb:
    Use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants.
    Incomplete, it is the focused, repeated harassment.

    The use of "pansy" to a group is not the bullying of an individual, nor is being critical of parts of the Bible.


    Bullying is an act of repeated aggressive behavior in order to intentionally hurt another person, physically or mentally. Bullying is characterized by an individual behaving in a certain way to gain power over another person.[16]
    Norwegian researcher Dan Olweus defines bullying as when a person is
    "exposed, repeatedly and over time, to negative actions on the part of one or more other persons." He defines negative action as "when a person intentionally inflicts injury or discomfort upon another person, through physical contact, through words or in other ways".
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #714
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    you do understand that Christianity... and every other religion , has an inherent hierarchy... correct?

    one is free to dictate the terms under which they, themselves, practice religion... they are not, however, free to dictate those terms to others unless they have achieved authority within the hierarchical structure of the religion.
    neither Hazlnut nor Savage are ecumenical authorities concerning Christianity ( both are rather hostile to Christianity and Christians)... their opinions on bible utilization are rather irrelevant to Christianity.. it simply doesn't matter, to others, what they say, do , or think.


    as an aside, yes i'm an authority on authority.... by virtue of being a thinking man.
    In other words, people are going to believe what they are told to believe by people they were told to believe are the true authorities for telling them what to believe.

    And people wonder why Karl Marx declared religion was the opiate of the masses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  5. #715
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Incomplete, it is the focused, repeated harassment.

    The use of "pansy" to a group is not the bullying of an individual, nor is being critical of parts of the Bible.
    Nope, not incomplete.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  6. #716
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Hazlnut is not in a position to dictate what the bible can and cannot be used for in another persons life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Savage, or anyone else, CAN be critical of the use of parts of the Bible for persecuting homosexuals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    never said they couldn't be critical.
    Um, Hazel or Savage or anyone else was not dictating, they are being critical of the use of the Bible in the persecution of homosexuals.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #717
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,953

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I know what the theme was, I know what the direction of presentations were supposed to take, I am trying to find out if you did since you were making suggestions to future symposiums on how they need to pre-screen the speakers. They knew what they were getting, they defended their choice after all was said and done.
    Nah, you're dissembling again. If you'd actually read my posts, you wouldn't need to "test" me or my veracity.

    And this is important because you claim to be a budding journo yourself. There's no substitution for fact-finding on your own.

  8. #718
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Nope, not incomplete.
    Yes, very incomplete...even Wake saw that.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #719
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I know what the theme was, I know what the direction of presentations were supposed to take, I am trying to find out if you did since you were making suggestions to future symposiums on how they need to pre-screen the speakers. They knew what they were getting, they defended their choice after all was said and done.
    ahh yes, they knew what they were getting and they defended their choice...

    ....which is why they (NSPA) published an apology stipulating that Savages went off topic and engaged in in appropriate and insulting behavior.

    good lord

  10. #720
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Nah, you're dissembling again. If you'd actually read my posts, you wouldn't need to "test" me or my veracity.

    And this is important because you claim to be a budding journo yourself. There's no substitution for fact-finding on your own.
    Uh..when did I say "I am a budding journalist" or anything of the sort?

    If you can't back your implying that the symposium did not know what they were getting, that is fine with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 72 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •