Page 61 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 1162

Thread: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

  1. #601
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,729

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Flippinfunky View Post
    If Muslims were trying to force their doctrine on America, I'd have an issue with them. I dont see them at all trying to force their faith on others. Name one Muslim that's proposing laws to ban gay marriage.
    I dont have a problem with Black people, my dad is Black...nor do I have a problem with Hispanics.. I dont see RACE trying to ban gay marriage so wtf does any of that have to do with this? I dont give two ****s if they're a liberal Christian or Conservative Christian...I have a problem with opposition to gay marriage. When "Blacks" "Hispanics" and Muslims allow their personal feelings to influence legislation, Ill have a problem with them. You get it now? I really dont give a crap if people dont like Homosexuality, they dont have to...just leave Jesus/God out of it and dont vote on or propose laws based on personal or religious feelings.

    As to Obama, he, like YOU, doesn't have to like Homosexuality, but he opposes legislation that bans same sex marriage(read what I said above if you have a hard time comprehending that)and he's said that he's trying to evolve on the issue. When he votes to ban same sex marriage, Ill take issue.

    And really, your opinion of liberals means nothing to me, you're a poster on a thread... I couldn't careless what you think of Liberals, all or some... so whats your point in all that?
    You seem a bit sensitive...I really shouldnt matter so much to you.
    Well thank goodness we know where we stand re our 'opinions'...right? Of course...you probably MISSED the number of blacks and hispanics that voted against Gay marriage in California. Well...not so much missed it as ignored it. I love that last bit though...CLASSIC. A moron uses a conference on bullying to launch a tirade against a bunch of high school students. Like minded morons rally behind him. People like you express your hatred and bigotry towards Christians...and I seem 'sensitive'. Like I said...CLASSIC.

    Oh...and as for your support of Obama...how does it feel being nothing more than a pawn and political afterthought? You have to swallow hard knowing he only 'cares' out of political expediency?

  2. #602
    Educator Flippinfunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA (Raised in SW Oklahoma)
    Last Seen
    08-01-12 @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    883

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Well thank goodness we know where we stand re our 'opinions'...right? Of course...you probably MISSED the number of blacks and hispanics that voted against Gay marriage in California. Well...not so much missed it as ignored it. I love that last bit though...CLASSIC. A moron uses a conference on bullying to launch a tirade against a bunch of high school students. Like minded morons rally behind him. People like you express your hatred and bigotry towards Christians...and I seem 'sensitive'. Like I said...CLASSIC.

    Oh...and as for your support of Obama...how does it feel being nothing more than a pawn and political afterthought? You have to swallow hard knowing he only 'cares' out of political expediency?
    So I should not like my black dad because some black people voted against gay marriage? Why? I dont dislike all Christians because of the ones trying to ban gay marriage. No matter what you THINK, I've been me for 39 years and know how I feel about Christians as a whole. lol...You seem to be the one with the desire to lump people. Ive made myself and my position clear...you're trying to find an argument where there isn't one. Get off the internet and go find your wife or something, dude... you're a bit psychotic for my taste.

    BTW, Im not gay, I've been married the last sixteen years and have three sons so Im not an "afterthought"... see how you THINK you know things when you REALLY dont?!

    PS. Are YOU a Christian? If so you may want to pray and ask God to adjust your attitude.
    Last edited by Flippinfunky; 05-01-12 at 04:05 AM.
    Silly poor people
    Tax cuts are for the rich!

  3. #603
    Guru
    cAPSLOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,929
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
    What's wrong with intolerance towards other people's ideas?
    Nothing at all. But I think it is perfectly OK to be intolerant of people advocating violence against a group based on their ethnic or national origin, color, race, religion, or sex.

    the christian kids need a nice beatdown at their highschool

    if you and your little friends are making kids kill themselves something tells me you need a bat to the knee in the woods on the way home

    let them immolate themselves in front of the whitehouse in washington

    too bad they don't commit mass suicide or anything

    they need beaten till they're ****ting blood.
    That stuff is advocating violence against a religious group.

  4. #604
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,729

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Flippinfunky View Post
    So I should not like my black dad because some black people voted against gay marriage? Why? I dont dislike all Christians because of the ones trying to ban gay marriage. No matter what you THINK, I've been me for 39 years and know how I feel about Christians as a whole. lol...You seem to be the one with the desire to lump people. Ive made myself and my position clear...you're trying to find an argument where there isn't one. Get off the internet and go find your wife or something, dude... you're a bit psychotic for my taste.

    BTW, Im not gay, I've been married the last sixteen years and have three sons so Im not an "afterthought"... see how you THINK you know things when you REALLY dont?!

    PS. Are YOU a Christian? If so you may want to pray and ask God to adjust your attitude.
    Right...you advocate for a bitter angry hate filled asshole to ridicule a bunch of high school students...and I am the one that needs an attitude adjustment.

    Nah...dont dislike your black dad...just speak out against ALL blacks because a large majority of them voted against gay marriage in California.

  5. #605
    Educator Flippinfunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA (Raised in SW Oklahoma)
    Last Seen
    08-01-12 @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    883

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Right...you advocate for a bitter angry hate filled asshole to ridicule a bunch of high school students...and I am the one that needs an attitude adjustment.

    Nah...dont dislike your black dad...just speak out against ALL blacks because a large majority of them voted against gay marriage in California.
    LMAO I've made myself clear...are you always this slow in the upper body? Gtf over me!

    And yes, you do need your attitude adjusted... aren't you supposed to be a "vessel of His Love"? You suck at it, Maynard.
    Silly poor people
    Tax cuts are for the rich!

  6. #606
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    You happen to be intelligent... but refuse to apply it to... anything.



    Good Catholics are good... and Christians in the middle east are seriously legit...
    Judge much?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  7. #607
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    As an adult you should understand the necessity of professional journalistic integrity. These were students who were learning how to be journalists.
    What part of what he was saying has anything to do with journalism?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  8. #608
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Flippinfunky View Post
    If my boys ever bullied someone because they were gay, or because they were Christian.....I'd be ashamed of myself as a mother.
    Good on you.

    Dan Savage was attacking the Hypocrisy. Simple. He didn't "bully" anyone.
    Yes he did. HE called them names and bashed their beliefs.

    Bottom Line: People need to live and let live. Homosexuality doesn't hurt anyone...and Christians shouldn't hurt others. Nor should they be hurt because of their faith. You dont have to like Homosexuality, and if that's the case then dont think about it so much...chances are, gay people are not infiltrating your life. They aren't causing your dishwasher to break, your car to stall, your dog to fart or your marriage to collapse. If your family is built on God's foundation then I would think it's strong enough to withstand two people whom you dont even know, getting married/living together.
    Noone should hurt anyone. Regardless of the reason. Savage has no right to bash religious people any more than they have a right to bash his homosexuality.

    I feel the same way about Christianity. People are free to believe what they so choose; however, Christians tend to filter their hate through Jesus and they should stop. It's a turn off.
    That's exactly what Dan Savage was doing. Filtering his hatred through Christ.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #609
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Really? "Christians" do that do they? Well...thats mighty judgmental and bigoted of you. And of course...daily on this site we see Christians starting thread after thread attacking non Christians. Oh...wait...my mistake. Its the other way around. But hey...at least you didnt just prejudge millions of people.


    The "journalist" had to have known these Christian kids could likely end up in his "talk". He could have given a positive message, which could have been helpful, but he chose to degrade and humiliate a group of school kids.
    Last edited by Billy the Kid; 05-01-12 at 07:49 AM.

  10. #610
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Ah, the "I have Christian friends" defense.

    . . . . .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •