Page 60 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 1162

Thread: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

  1. #591
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I so ****ing hate myself that I LOL'd at that...
    It was funny. I laughed too, no shame.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  2. #592
    Educator Flippinfunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA (Raised in SW Oklahoma)
    Last Seen
    08-01-12 @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    883

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    If my boys ever bullied someone because they were gay, or because they were Christian.....I'd be ashamed of myself as a mother.

    Dan Savage was attacking the Hypocrisy. Simple. He didn't "bully" anyone.

    Bottom Line: People need to live and let live. Homosexuality doesn't hurt anyone...and Christians shouldn't hurt others. Nor should they be hurt because of their faith. You dont have to like Homosexuality, and if that's the case then dont think about it so much...chances are, gay people are not infiltrating your life. They aren't causing your dishwasher to break, your car to stall, your dog to fart or your marriage to collapse. If your family is built on God's foundation then I would think it's strong enough to withstand two people whom you dont even know, getting married/living together.

    I feel the same way about Christianity. People are free to believe what they so choose; however, Christians tend to filter their hate through Jesus and they should stop. It's a turn off.
    Silly poor people
    Tax cuts are for the rich!

  3. #593
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Flippinfunky View Post
    I feel the same way about Christianity. People are free to believe what they so choose; however, Christians tend to filter their hate through Jesus and they should stop. It's a turn off.
    Really? "Christians" do that do they? Well...thats mighty judgmental and bigoted of you. And of course...daily on this site we see Christians starting thread after thread attacking non Christians. Oh...wait...my mistake. Its the other way around. But hey...at least you didnt just prejudge millions of people.

  4. #594
    Educator Flippinfunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA (Raised in SW Oklahoma)
    Last Seen
    08-01-12 @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    883

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Really? "Christians" do that do they? Well...thats mighty judgmental and bigoted of you. And of course...daily on this site we see Christians starting thread after thread attacking non Christians. Oh...wait...my mistake. Its the other way around. But hey...at least you didnt just prejudge millions of people.
    No its not bigoted and judgmental. Many DO filter their hate through Jesus. Life doesn't boil down to "this thread"...perhaps you spend too much time on here? In the "real" world it happens. Everyday we hear discrimination filtered through Jesus. Just leave Jesus out of it. If you dont like gay people, fine, but own it instead of putting the blame on Jesus.

    I know some really good strong Christians, so dont suggest I prejudged Millions of people. I judged those who blame their hate for gays on their faith. Sorry you cant handle that, but that's a flaw in your character, not mine
    Silly poor people
    Tax cuts are for the rich!

  5. #595
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Flippinfunky View Post
    I know some really good strong Christians, so dont suggest I prejudged Millions of people. I judged those who blame their hate for gays on their faith. Sorry you cant handle that, but that's a flaw in your character, not mine
    Ah, the "I have Christian friends" defense.

  6. #596
    Educator Flippinfunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA (Raised in SW Oklahoma)
    Last Seen
    08-01-12 @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    883

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Ah, the "I have Christian friends" defense.
    lol, I do. No snarky remark will change that fact. You got a problem with that?
    Silly poor people
    Tax cuts are for the rich!

  7. #597
    Guru

    cAPSLOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,922
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post

    i don't see what your problem is... at least I'm informed about hate speech I make.
    Bigotry is always justified in the heart of the bigot.

  8. #598
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Flippinfunky View Post
    No its not bigoted and judgmental. Many DO filter their hate through Jesus. Life doesn't boil down to "this thread"...perhaps you spend too much time on here? In the "real" world it happens. Everyday we hear discrimination filtered through Jesus. Just leave Jesus out of it. If you dont like gay people, fine, but own it instead of putting the blame on Jesus.

    I know some really good strong Christians, so dont suggest I prejudged Millions of people. I judged those who blame their hate for gays on their faith. Sorry you cant handle that, but that's a flaw in your character, not mine
    No...you didnt say 'some' Christians, you simply said 'Christians'. You labelled millions. SOME liberals are pathetic dependent little ****s that arent worth the oxygen they breathe and space they occupy on the planet. So...we can just condense that to say "liberals are dependent little ****s that arent worth the oxygen they breathe and space they occupy on the planet" and..well...you know what I REALLY meant. Not ALL liberals. Ive known SOME really good ones. But you know...still...liberals...

    So...do you also label 'Muslims', 'blacks', 'Hispanics', etc or do you just focus your bigotry on 'Christians'? Oh...and hey. You know...Christians like Barrack Obama still respect you...they just dont believe in gay marriage. But you still vote for them...so...thats a bit selective in your outrage, isnt it? 'Muslims' on the other hand want to see you hung from bridges and stoned for being gay (oh...come on...you know what I meant...FUNDAMENTALIST Muslims...not ALL Muslims). I wonder when all the chicken **** gay marriage advocates are going to attack Muslims for their homophobia. Or for that matter, when will they include all those liberal Christians in their idiotic tirades. Funny how they always seem to leave off the liberal Christians that oppose gay marriage or for that matter lump in ALL Christians with those that you believe hate homosexuals.

  9. #599
    Educator Flippinfunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA (Raised in SW Oklahoma)
    Last Seen
    08-01-12 @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    883

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    No...you didnt say 'some' Christians, you simply said 'Christians'. You labelled millions. SOME liberals are pathetic dependent little ****s that arent worth the oxygen they breathe and space they occupy on the planet. So...we can just condense that to say "liberals are dependent little ****s that arent worth the oxygen they breathe and space they occupy on the planet" and..well...you know what I REALLY meant. Not ALL liberals. Ive known SOME really good ones. But you know...still...liberals...

    So...do you also label 'Muslims', 'blacks', 'Hispanics', etc or do you just focus your bigotry on 'Christians'? Oh...and hey. You know...Christians like Barrack Obama still respect you...they just dont believe in gay marriage. But you still vote for them...so...thats a bit selective in your outrage, isnt it? 'Muslims' on the other hand want to see you hung from bridges and stoned for being gay (oh...come on...you know what I meant...FUNDAMENTALIST Muslims...not ALL Muslims). I wonder when all the chicken **** gay marriage advocates are going to attack Muslims for their homophobia. Or for that matter, when will they include all those liberal Christians in their idiotic tirades. Funny how they always seem to leave off the liberal Christians that oppose gay marriage or for that matter lump in ALL Christians with those that you believe hate homosexuals.
    If Muslims were trying to force their doctrine on America, I'd have an issue with them. I dont see them at all trying to force their faith on others. Name one Muslim that's proposing laws to ban gay marriage.
    I dont have a problem with Black people, my dad is Black...nor do I have a problem with Hispanics.. I dont see RACE trying to ban gay marriage so wtf does any of that have to do with this? I dont give two ****s if they're a liberal Christian or Conservative Christian...I have a problem with opposition to gay marriage. When "Blacks" "Hispanics" and Muslims allow their personal feelings to influence legislation, Ill have a problem with them. You get it now? I really dont give a crap if people dont like Homosexuality, they dont have to...just leave Jesus/God out of it and dont vote on or propose laws based on personal or religious feelings.

    As to Obama, he, like YOU, doesn't have to like Homosexuality, but he opposes legislation that bans same sex marriage(read what I said above if you have a hard time comprehending that)and he's said that he's trying to evolve on the issue. When he votes to ban same sex marriage, Ill take issue.

    And really, your opinion of liberals means nothing to me, you're a poster on a thread... I couldn't careless what you think of Liberals, all or some... so whats your point in all that?
    You seem a bit sensitive...I really shouldnt matter so much to you.
    Silly poor people
    Tax cuts are for the rich!

  10. #600
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by cAPSLOCK View Post
    Bigotry is always justified in the heart of the bigot.
    What's wrong with intolerance towards other people's ideas?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •