Page 50 of 117 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 1162

Thread: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

  1. #491
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    I did not say that.

    I am not talking about being beaten up, but about walking out from being offended.
    We are not talking about gays being "offended", you have lost all sense of context.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #492
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    We are not talking about gays being "offended".
    I was talking about Christian students being offended and walking out, and compared that to gay students walking out for being offended by comments made from a rude Traditional-Christian orator.

    In that vein, yes, we are talking about gay students being offended.

    Why shouldn't Christian students be able to walk out when offended, and you insult them for doing so, yet do nothing when the shoe is on the other foot?

  3. #493
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    This comparison isn't about gays being beaten up, but about students being offended and walking out.
    Again, you totally lost the context......a comparison of the students and .....WHAT?


    These Christian students were offended by the way Savage misrepresented their Christian beliefs. So, they walked out civilly.
    He criticized the Bible, he said we can reject those portions of the Bible that is BS. You keep losing sight of the facts.

    If the shoe were on the other foot and homosexual students walked out from a Traditional Christian's rude comments I'd support their choice to leave civilly as well.
    Again, the false comparison comes back again, you just can't stop yourself. Criticizing the Bible is not equal to attacking a persons orientation......and most gays I know would not walk, they would challenge.

    You can't say it's alright for homosexual students to walk out after being offended, yet castigate Christian students for doing the same thing.
    Did I say that? No, I did not.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #494
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Again...."pansy" and criticism of the Bible is "nasty"....in the context of gays being bullied, beaten up?

    Whatever, the unbalanced sensitivity is strange.
    obviously beating up gays is far more severe than verbally beating up the bible ..... but then again, beatings aren't the only form of bullying, now are they?

  5. #495
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,903

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    the more poignant question is why he feels the need to insult in the first place...
    Insecurity. Weakness. When you're coming from a strong, good place, you don't need to be insulting.

  6. #496
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by wake
    You can't say it's alright for homosexual students to walk out after being offended, yet castigate Christian students for doing the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    I was talking about Christian students being offended and walking out, and compared that to gay students walking out for being offended by comments made from a rude Traditional-Christian orator.

    In that vein, yes, we are talking about gay students being offended.

    Why shouldn't Christian students be able to walk out when offended, and you insult them for doing so, yet do nothing when the shoe is on the other foot?
    You are creating a hypothetical situation and putting words into my mouth. This is the most dishonest form of debate known.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 04-30-12 at 07:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #497
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,903

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    So your argument is that Savage was calling the journalist student that walked out over his criticism of the Bible...."queers"?

    I always enjoy it when people ignore the context and believe there is only one definition of a word.
    I always enjoy it when someone dissembles...and so obviously too.

  8. #498
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Afterthought: this somewhat reminds me of when my Dad decided to preach a sermon against racism when I was 15 - Some church members actually walked out. Two, I remember quite clealry, came over to our house after church that afternoon angry - ready to rip my Dad a new asshole only to discover I was the only one at home. . . and wasn't going to tolerate my Dad being run into the ground for any reason by anyone.
    This is exactly what I see the people in the video walking out as. I see no significant distinction between walking out of a speech against racism and walking out of a speech against homophobic attitudes. It's the same thing with different targets.

  9. #499
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I always enjoy it when someone dissembles...and so obviously too.
    Spit it out...what am I "concealing"....so obviously?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #500
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    (1) a comparison of the students and


    (2) He criticized the Bible, he said we can reject those portions of the Bible that is BS.

    (3) Criticizing the Bible is not equal to attacking a persons orientation......and most gays I know would not walk, they would challenge.

    (4) Did I say that? No, I did not.
    (1) You misunderstand. This comparison isn't about gays being beaten up, but about students being offended and walking out.

    (2) You are the one who misses the point. Dan Savage's behavior was the problem. He could have gotten his message across without being an asshole.

    (3) You're deliberately ignoring my arguments. I'm talking about Christian/gay students being offended and walking out. The flaw in your comparison is that you think it's alright for gay students to walk out, yet you insult Christian students for walking out. It shows you're being unfair in this discussion.

    (4) So do you think both gay students and Christian students can walk out, or what?

Page 50 of 117 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •