Page 49 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 1162

Thread: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

  1. #481
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    I'm not interesting in getting into a new debate with you that would derail this thread. Sexual orientation may or may not exist. The same for religion. Whatever the case, whether real or perceived, it is important to the people involved. It is unfair to say homosexual students have the right to be offended, while religious students cannot. I think that's wrong.
    Again with the false comparisons, criticizing the Bible is NOT the same as being bullied and beat up because you are gay.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #482
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Again with the false comparisons, criticizing the Bible is NOT the same as being bullied and beat up because you are gay.
    I did not say that.

    I am not talking about being beaten up, but about walking out from being offended.

  3. #483
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Bullying and walking out are different things.

    I am sure there are Christian victims of bullying as well.

    In a professional discussion name-calling shouldn't happen. Dan Savage could very well have gotten his message across without being nasty.
    that is a fact that is lost on quite a few folks here.... but then again, many of them accept, condone, and practice bigotry, so .. meh... whatchagonnado?

  4. #484
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,944

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    A wimp...because someone criticized parts of a book......and I am a journalist student? Yep, I'm a wimp.....and shouldn't be a journalist.
    If you're genuinely unaware that "pansy" is a gay slur, then you have some catching up to do. For context: ALEC legislator uses ‘Occupy pansy’ slur against activist | The Raw Story

    This matters. Why? Well, I wonder then if women who stand up for themselves should be considered "dykes." You see what I mean?

  5. #485
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Bullying and walking out are different things.

    I am sure there are Christian victims of bullying as well.

    In a professional discussion name-calling shouldn't happen. Dan Savage could very well have gotten his message across without being nasty.
    Again...."pansy" and criticism of the Bible is "nasty"....in the context of gays being bullied, beaten up?

    Whatever, the unbalanced sensitivity is strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #486
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    that is a fact that is lost on quite a few folks here.... but then again, many of them accept, condone, and practice bigotry, so .. meh... whatchagonnado?
    It sucks, really.

    I'd be willing to hear anyone's pov so long as they're respectful.

  7. #487
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    If you're genuinely unaware that "pansy" is a gay slur, then you have some catching up to do. For context: ALEC legislator uses ‘Occupy pansy’ slur against activist | The Raw Story

    This matters. Why? Well, I wonder then if women who stand up for themselves should be considered "dykes." You see what I mean?
    So your argument is that Savage was calling the journalist student that walked out over his criticism of the Bible...."queers"?

    I always enjoy it when people ignore the context and believe there is only one definition of a word.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #488
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    The anti bully is bullying ?
    Yeah, because it's just a number generating agenda. Condition people by creating appeals to emotion and authority, then let peer pressure do all the work. After that sinks in, any opposing opinion is automatically written off as stupid.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  9. #489
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Why does it always have to come down to balls? Why is insulting another man's "manliness" the ultimate insult?
    the more poignant question is why he feels the need to insult in the first place...

  10. #490
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    re: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens[W:165; 667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Again...."pansy" and criticism of the Bible is "nasty"....in the context of gays being bullied, beaten up?

    Whatever, the unbalanced sensitivity is strange.
    This comparison isn't about gays being beaten up, but about students being offended and walking out. These Christian students were offended by the way Savage misrepresented their Christian beliefs. So, they walked out civilly. If the shoe were on the other foot and homosexual students walked out from a Traditional Christian's rude comments I'd support their choice to leave civilly as well.

    You can't say it's alright for homosexual students to walk out after being offended, yet castigate Christian students for doing the same thing.

Page 49 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •